Who going to be playing for us next season

toffeedog

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, phildog said:

Not Paul Brearley it appears....Gone to Halifax.

Also Tyler Dickinson on Dewsbury radar. According to Rugby press. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

There could be a bit of toing and froing across the valley this year allegedly.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 19/08/2019 at 19:21, phildog said:

Not Paul Brearley it appears....Gone to Halifax.

Spiffing stuff. Losing one of our better players this season to a club only a few points above hs in the league. Well done to all concerned. 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

There could be a bit of toing and froing across the valley this year allegedly.

Swapping coaches?? ??

Greeny is cutting his cloth but couldn't be any worse than what we have.

A new hooker and winger from there's would be a start!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, colinb said:

Also Tyler Dickinson on Dewsbury radar. According to Rugby press. 

It is getting difficult to believe a lot of what is reported in the rugby press lately.

A week or so ago, there were reports of a meeting between several chairmen at clubs like Fev, York, Bradford, Halifax about a break away from the RFL. When this was posed by fans at various clubs, no-one had any knowledge of such a meeting. 

I'm also not convinced the targets we were supposedly linked to last week, are anything other than wild journalistic speculation. 

If it concerns players leaving us, it's probably in the nose. Who would be REALLY upset at some of our props leaving anyway, they've done less than  zero, Bienek hasn't been mentioned for 2/3 games, Dickinson was my choice to rip it up and hasn't, Cropper full of enthusiasm but no bust and rumoured to have packed in anyway, Everett is the modern day Mick Frain but without the tackling. Any of them who might stay has a long way to step up.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

If it concerns players leaving us, it's probably in the nose. Who would be REALLY upset at some of our props leaving anyway, they've done less than  zero, Bienek hasn't been mentioned for 2/3 games, Dickinson was my choice to rip it up and hasn't, Cropper full of enthusiasm but no bust and rumoured to have packed in anyway, Everett is the modern day Mick Frain but without the tackling. Any of them who might stay has a long way to step up.

Remember, Everett was a world-beater when you signed him, according to this board, just needing the right coaching. We did try to warn you but did you listen?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We are the masters at buying big muscular props that look the business but in actual fact Darren moxon and ash Lindsay broke more tackles than the likes of cox, Henderson, jarett, jon Simpson, jon Grayson, that unit last year who was so anonymous i forgot his name, bienek, everett.

The heart of mclaughlin, kellet, berry, stenchion and lillycrop are a rare find.

I Remember in the 90s we ran with undersized packs but relied elsewhere to go forward. Now we have the grunt but little go forward.

I'd keep ward Dickinson gledhill

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Remember, Everett was a world-beater when you signed him, according to this board, just needing the right coaching. We did try to warn you but did you listen?

don't think he ran his weight when he came but i think he has come on a lot and runs a lot harder,but still not as he should for his size.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope Wardy stays but there was the Halifax rumour of a couple of months ago, Cropper may be on the verge of giving in along with Gledders. Keegan might be moving on from Trinity, ring!! Dicko and Everett will need to get some running on board, to make 1 Alex Rowe.

Phildog according to FB posts Tom has been forced to retire due to injury and Gledders has to stand down for work commitments. Coupled with Brevs 4th retirement ??. We will miss all 3 of these loyal men, characters both on and off the field. Good luck lads and thanks for the memories. Brevs one handed flying try against Leigh in playoff quarters 2016 ??

9 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Phildog according to FB posts Tom has been forced to retire due to injury and Gledders has to stand down for work commitments. Coupled with Brevs 4th retirement ??. We will miss all 3 of these loyal men, characters both on and off the field. Good luck lads and thanks for the memories. Brevs one handed flying try against Leigh in playoff quarters 2016 ??

This is in your on-line programme for the Featherstone game (see other thread).

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Brev try against leigh was 2013 

Of course it was. Flanny drop goal winner part 1. What a time to be a Bulldog. Greg Johnson wonder try week after and Flanny dg part 2. I miss those days and not for the (almost) glory but the solidarity of the club as a whole.

Swap on the cards Smeats to Hunslet for Ben Heaton. Had a decent period with us before. Re; Brev's try at Leigh, had it been SL would have been all over the papers!

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Swap on the cards Smeats to Hunslet for Ben Heaton. Had a decent period with us before. Re; Brev's try at Leigh, had it been SL would have been all over the papers!

Where's that about the swap from Phil.? 

Archived