Who going to be playing for us next season

toffeedog

14 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Given the general mood on this forum, it feels like some fans are just looking for more ammunition and the next thing to complain about.

and also,some fans have simply had enough of the bargain basement mentality, and punching above our weight if we do well as were supposed to be underdogs just managing to stay in championship, i dont care what anyone says this 2019 squad is far better than the results we have had by a long long way.if there aint no changes the crowds will be well down next season on a good day.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would come back in to the real world, Batley do not have a money tree and cannot afford the players supporters are dreaming of. Yes we will have to look in the  bargain basement mainly because we cannot afford  players above that, hopefully we will find a couple of players that will improve things.

The ones I have heard we could be signing are decent players but probably will not get us in the top 5,  take the full time squads out of the equation and we will be able to compete in the Championship perhaps to some supporters that is not good enough, as I said come in to the real world.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Well Bulldogs17, most seasons we have at least managed to announce current squad re-signings.....which could have been happening well before the recent horrors. And no, anybody else I DON'T expect miracles,  don't expect the BoD to discover a secret vault full of cash,  just like many others though would like to see us actually connected with enquiries for people. If there is no sign of ambition then we may as well be content to play in the bottom half of the bottom half of our division.

31 minutes ago, phildog said:

Well Bulldogs17, most seasons we have at least managed to announce current squad re-signings.....which could have been happening well before the recent horrors. And no, anybody else I DON'T expect miracles,  don't expect the BoD to discover a secret vault full of cash,  just like many others though would like to see us actually connected with enquiries for people. If there is no sign of ambition then we may as well be content to play in the bottom half of the bottom half of our division.

I thought we had announced Brown, Manning and Downs as signed up for next year.

The problem we have is  3 seasons now we havnt been consisant we havnt improved year on year . The standard of rugby as been awful the defence as been good then cant tackle a dinner never mind a player. We lost to doncaster after beating faz at home we lost to sheffield in the semifinals no offence no ideas . Then dewsbury gifted us the game when they had it in there hands . We went to Toulouse was nilled then played fev nilled again we go to barrow last game of the season nothing to play for could get nilled again .

well if thats competing in championship i hope we dont start playing papola any time soon.wont bring the fans back who have stayed away with the results we have had this past couple a years,so doubt we will have any new faces comping at the bit for 2020.

2 hours ago, ernieone said:

I wish people would come back in to the real world, Batley do not have a money tree and cannot afford the players supporters are dreaming of. Yes we will have to look in the  bargain basement mainly because we cannot afford  players above that, hopefully we will find a couple of players that will improve things.

The ones I have heard we could be signing are decent players but probably will not get us in the top 5,  take the full time squads out of the equation and we will be able to compete in the Championship perhaps to some supporters that is not good enough, as I said come in to the real world.

It's like your saying shut up and put up ernieone.  Not really what the supporters want to hear. But it wasnt that long ago that we were competing with full time teams and beating them ( pre- diskin).

1 hour ago, silverback said:

well if thats competing in championship i hope we dont start playing papola any time soon.wont bring the fans back who have stayed away with the results we have had this past couple a years,so doubt we will have any new faces comping at the bit for 2020.

Papola!

24 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

It's like your saying shut up and put up ernieone.  Not really what the supporters want to hear. But it wasnt that long ago that we were competing with full time teams and beating them ( pre- diskin).

Far from it I appreciate people have opinions but some supporters think that if a player becomes available then we should be able to sign them regardless of cost. If we spend more on one player then you can only pay less for other players. Not sure what Joufret cost last year but I imagine it was above the average which of course means we have less money to build the rest of the team. 

We are competing with teams that get regular attendances of between 1500 and 2000+ against our  average attendance of 1,000 only because it is boosted by the Jo Cox match. We have the war chest which helps the club, we have BISSA with 60/70 members after 14 years of being in existence as against Featherstone who have just re-launched FRISSA and in three months they have 100+ members. All these things contribute to the reason why we cannot compete with the top championship sides.

Thankfully this week sees the end of the season unfortunately it looks like we will be struggling to get 17 players on the pitch with all the injuries we have got.

We don't expect the club to be linked with every player who comes on the market, but just as an example Ben Kaye is leaving Halifax who have finished 3 or 4 places above us yet is heading to a club which is about 10 places below us if Fax fans are to be believed. Why, are Hunslet so much more solvent, paying out thousands to get the guy? Regarding Jouffret's 2019 contract, as I understand it the club per se didn't pay him the fortune people think he was on, it was made up by BISSA so that the club didn't have to massively break their pay structure.

Someone please tell me if these performances happened at any other club would the coach still have a job. Dont say the players are to blame buck stops with the coach end of . In Football the manager gets sack players start playing only here at batley we reward failure it seems if rumours are true .

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

Someone please tell me if these performances happened at any other club would the coach still have a job. Dont say the players are to blame buck stops with the coach end of . In Football the manager gets sack players start playing only here at batley we reward failure it seems if rumours are true .

Ha.... next you'll be expecting Brexit to actually happen!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

54 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

Funny how Dewsbury can afford JC but we can't? Must be loaded over other side of valley!

Jonny is way over the hill nowadays. If Dewsbury have offered him any more than his contract was worth this season, it's too much. 

7 hours ago, phildog said:

We don't expect the club to be linked with every player who comes on the market, but just as an example Ben Kaye is leaving Halifax who have finished 3 or 4 places above us yet is heading to a club which is about 10 places below us if Fax fans are to be believed. Why, are Hunslet so much more solvent, paying out thousands to get the guy? Regarding Jouffret's 2019 contract, as I understand it the club per se didn't pay him the fortune people think he was on, it was made up by BISSA so that the club didn't have to massively break their pay structure.

Yes Bissa helped the club sign Joufrett but  BISSA usually help the club sign a number of player's, last year it all went on Joufrett which means as I pointed out earlier if you spend more on one player you have less money to sign the rest of the team.

11 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Funny how Dewsbury can afford JC but we can't? Must be loaded over other side of valley!

Don't believe all the rumours DS.

And our playing budget next year will be less than it was in 2019 I suspect. Mind you, so might yours be.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, fredm said:

Well with those that are coming the other way perhaps it’s the forerunner for when the merger takes place?

A chance to play on a flat ground every week, eh Fred?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived