Who going to be playing for us next season

toffeedog

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day, Sykes & Soeakman, but I don't think it will be them!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, ernieone said:

If rumours etc are true, I count 3 coming our way from across the valley and 2 going to the dark side. 

But which 3 players would you be happy to sign from across the valley?

I've been impressed with Iggy, Ryder and Sykes (when fit).

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

7 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

I've been impressed with Iggy, Ryder and Sykes (when fit).

You could get one of them in particular, and we wouldn't be too bothered.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Most of the 3 quarters would be better than what we have, but it doesn't really say much.

Gabriel might be worth a punt, but I'm not sure about his positional play or defence, I've not really seen enough of him to judge, but he seems to have pace and can finish.

If the rumours about Igbinedion's attitude can be resolved, he'd be okay, he always looks dangerous against us. Walshaw might be okay too, both offer more of a running threat in the 2nd row than either Manning or Downs and would offer a better balance the pack.

Ryder would be a better bet than any of our current centres, he can defend for a start. 

Andrade also really impressed me in the pre-season game, he was the pick of the forwards that day on either side. But rumours are he doesn't like training and has been packed off to Hunslet.

Sam Day is decent too, I'd certainly sign him. 

Iggy always destroys us so would rather he play for than against. Morton is inbound which is apparently a swap of sorts for JC. Hope it's all cobblers. We've tried many a time to sign Finny, even being very good friends with Brev couldn't get him here. So would he come this time around???

Now that we know Dom's going and previous knowledge of Louis' to Feb it would appeared DannyY will still be here as surely we wouldn't be letting 3 halves go all at once, or am I being too sensible??

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Most of the 3 quarters would be better than what we have, but it doesn't really say much.

Gabriel might be worth a punt, but I'm not sure about his positional play or defence, I've not really seen enough of him to judge, but he seems to have pace and can finish.

If the rumours about Igbinedion's attitude can be resolved, he'd be okay, he always looks dangerous against us. Walshaw might be okay too, both offer more of a running threat in the 2nd row than either Manning or Downs and would offer a better balance the pack.

Ryder would be a better bet than any of our current centres, he can defend for a start. 

Andrade also really impressed me in the pre-season game, he was the pick of the forwards that day on either side. But rumours are he doesn't like training and has been packed off to Hunslet.

Sam Day is decent too, I'd certainly sign him. 

Ryder and Day are two of the players that are already contracted to Dewsbury for 2020, so you need to look elsewhere; maybe Hunslet?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Ryder and Day are two of the players that are already contracted to Dewsbury for 2020, so you need to look elsewhere; maybe Hunslet?

Hehe, as a lover of all things pedantic BSJ, I thought you would have picked up that I was responding to the question of who I would like to sign from Dewsbury, not necessarily players who are not under contract for next year. 

You are also assuming that many on here, that firmly believe we should be in the top 5 every year are incorrect.

A big club like us will have no trouble in paying the transfer fees for Ryder and Day, it's pocket change to us big fish. ?

Agreed I'm afraid rudderless ship heading straight to division one at the rate by looks of the quality players linked with leaving or retiring big rebuild called for but in all seriousness who can we really attract at the moment .we have a coach who imho.isnt.up to the job but bod might disagree yet if we get beat today still wont matter as I think the decision as he made and us supporters will be left frustrated and walking away from the club as it dosnt seem to want to.listen to our oppions of our coach .

35 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

What do you think the club should be doing to increase the playing budget?

Getting a capable coach who is anywhere near up to the job - to make the most of a good looking squad and bring in supporters instead of driving them away.

This is a classic dogfather post - ‘well what would you do?’ To then shoot down any suggestions.

Rank tedium.

Roll on next season (if I bother).

1 hour ago, Dogstew said:

Getting a capable coach who is anywhere near up to the job - to make the most of a good looking squad and bring in supporters instead of driving them away.

This is a classic dogfather post - ‘well what would you do?’ To then shoot down any suggestions.

Rank tedium.

Roll on next season (if I bother).

Not at all, Tony asked the question what do the club do to increase the playing budget. I simply asked him what he thought the club should do.

I don't know what the BOD do/ could do to increase player budget other than BISSA and sponsorship.

Maybe a new coach would help?

But gates hardly rocketed the season we finished 3rd under Kear. So I'm not sure how that will be the answer.

Another tedious post from Dogstew, (who has found the spell check function, congratulations!!!) about sacking the coach even though the thread had nothing to do with the coach.

See, I only shoot down the posts that are idiotic! ?

33 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Not at all, Tony asked the question what do the club do to increase the playing budget. I simply asked him what he thought the club should do.

I don't know what the BOD do/ could do to increase player budget other than BISSA and sponsorship.

Maybe a new coach would help?

But gates hardly rocketed the season we finished 3rd under Kear. So I'm not sure how that will be the answer.

Another tedious post from Dogstew, (who has found the spell check function, congratulations!!!) about sacking the coach even though the thread had nothing to do with the coach.

See, I only shoot down the posts that are idiotic! ?

Apparently nothing has anything to do with this coach. 

As you keep saying.

1 hour ago, Dogstew said:

Apparently nothing has anything to do with this coach. 

As you keep saying.

I do wish you could read my posts.

I think we need to replace the coach too. But we to make sure we find somebody better.

But I think a lot of the criticisms of him are incorrect and frankly unfair, which is what I have consistently called out. 

Many were spouting that we don't play any football, when the problem imo is we try to play too much football, which means we don't keep hold of the ball beyond the 3rd tackle to stretch the opposition and test their defence and fitness. 

Many were blaming him for the forward and intercepted passes and the inability of players to hold on to the ball, or missing tackles. I will never agree with anyone who thinks that these are his fault. He isn't the one who cannot catch a ball or is unable to read when, and when not to pass a ball, or misses one on one tackles. Professional players should know and be able to do these things. However, I do blame him for signing them and picking some of them.

I have also disagreed with some, that have criticised him for changing the side one week, then not changing it the following week. Fine, criticise it one way, but not both ways. 

I thought we were a 9th place team at the beginning of the season and we have finished 10th. I don't agree with some that we had the squad to challenge for the top 5, when we were competing against 6 teams spending several times what we have. It just doesn't make sense to me, that we should expect to finish in the playoffs when there are 5 or 6 teams with mostly ft players.

I would criticise the way we have lost to those teams though, because we haven't even competed with them.

That is why we should replace him.

Archived