Toronto away support

It's amazing that they moaned about how there'd be no away support and when there is they moan about that, when money has been added to the cffers of a championship club. And being TGG fans they don't even moan about what they should ....How can we get more of them?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to the debate, Toronto had the highest away support at York in 2017 (no official records exist but I have a good idea  of away following during a pre match build up).

This season IMO they brought more to York than Swinton, Batley, Rochdale, Sheffield, Dewsbury and Toulouse.

Which is not to belittle those clubs supporters as I know York’s attendances haven’t always been cracking. 

I hope Toronto push on and their support, both home and away, continues to improve.

7 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

She wasn't a Canadian lady she's a local lass who's family decided to support TW a couple of years ago they got 5/6 family of each local player plus the coaches and with the 6 who travelled from Canada that was the total, 6 of whom were promoting Labbats lager in Leeds

I think you have Sandy Shipley mixed up with Rob and Caz. Sandy is, indeed, Canadian.

The whole complaint around the origin of this away support is fundamentally ridiculous.

First they bring no away fans, then when they demonstrably do, they're "the wrong type of away fans". Its absurd.

Leeds United had flags from "Bournemouth Whites" and "Birmingham Whites" at their away match at Bristol at the weekend; doubt they were from Leeds, shall we knock them off the crowd? Would I tell them they're less of a fan than me?

Celtic have supporters travel from all over to watch them. I also have some mates who are part of "Yorkshire Gers" and go follow Rangers. Are these not "real fans"?

When I go watch Arsenal am I not a "real fan" because I'm not from a 3 mile radius of Highbury?

When I went to watch Toronto v Widnes at Newcastle this year in my Toronto shirt with 4 mates, was I not a real Toronto fan? Did I not spend money on tickets and beverages? Did I not celebrate the Toronto tries and chant?

Let people support who they want how they want so long as it doesn't impeach on others ability to enjoy the game. End of.

It's envy Tommy, its one of the seven deadly sins, verdant cabbage coloured and it stinks. 

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

There is no away support! Are you blind man? The only away support is sat in a chair 3,500 miles away..

Why do you always have to be so negative?...there was away support and you know it.

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

There is no away support! Are you blind man? The only away support is sat in a chair 3,500 miles away..

There were people in the crowd supporting and wearing the colours of the team playing away and cheering when the away team scores and wins that is the very definition of away support and not what you say it is because you've got the 'ump!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

wouldn't it be great if you could sign up to join a u.k based Twp fan club? If you're team aren't playing that weekend then the members of the fan club all go and watch toronto,it would contribute money to the home teams,swell the crowds,make new friends from all over the rugby community and you get to watch rugby league,I'd be well up for it.

20 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Or players family and friends ?

This comment by me wasn't meant as any form of criticism , I was just stating the obvious , yes I am sure there will be some localised expats and some Brits following them as an alternative , and that's fine 

Calm down 

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

Oh my god, I must rush to specsavers straight away! I must be turning blind! I thought that I saw around 200 fans wearing wolfpack gear and cheering them on in the crowd at Bradford, only to now discover that apparently there was no away support! Or have i perhaps taken something to make me hallucinate??!!!

4 hours ago, Raumati Rugby said:

Oh the wit of the Rugby fan.

The reasoning behind the appalling attendances in London are well known to any who follow the sport in the UK. The Major difference between the wolfpack and the broncos is that their respective owners have differing perspectives on what is best for the game in their respective region.

And a different order of magnitude of disposable income.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

This comment by me wasn't meant as any form of criticism , I was just stating the obvious , yes I am sure there will be some localised expats and some Brits following them as an alternative , and that's fine 

Calm down 

What about people who had never even heard of rugby league until Toronto made them aware of it?

8 hours ago, SL17 said:

You're becoming a caricature. 

I don't know if you watched the Leeds v Man United preseason game in Perth, but there was plenty of supporters of both teams from all over the globe. Just because your team doesn't have a following outside your town doesn't mean others can't.

Hunslet have a group of fans who come over from Norway to watch LUFC then take in a Hunslet game and have done for years. Obviously in your mind they should stop.

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

Maybe Canadians living in the UK? Good news anyway. 

Why would you assume they are Canadians?

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think UK based Canadians are more likely to support TWP than English based RL fans who will already support teams. 

Can you envisage a future where hundreds or thousands of fans turn up to support Toronto who were not Canadians and had never supported amy other rugby league club before?

12 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Can you envisage a future where hundreds or thousands of fans turn up to support Toronto who were not Canadians and had never supported amy other rugby league club before?

No. But I can see a fair few expat Canadians following them, who wouldn’t have supported a RL club before. 

Archived