Knights vs Wolfpack

RobertAM

so looking forward to this one!..shaping up to be the regular season game of the summer...told you you'd be coming over in second place!!

Gav/Deano   how many York fans coming over??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to welcoming York City Knights fans to Lamport Stadium. I had a great time at Bootham Crescent for the season opener and can't wait for the clash of the titans on Saturday. Some tips:

Kickoff is 1 p.m. local time. Stadium opens around 11:30 a.m. If you want to bring in water to drink, it must be in an unopened, sealed bottle and you have to enter by the northeast gate (corner closest to King Street and Jefferson Avenue).

There are five or more great bars very close by for before & afters and the Beer Garden stays open for two hours after the game ends.

• Craft Brasserie on Atlantic Ave - brewpub with 120 craft beers on tap, best of the bunch for food
  • Big Rock/LIberty Commons on Jefferson Ave - good vibe, nice outdoor patio
  • 3 Brewers on Hanna Ave - officially the Wolfpack pub. A selection of 5 or 6 of their own beers, nice patio.
  • Brazen Head on LIberty Ave
  • Local Liberty Village on Liberty Ave

Beer Garden, inside Lamport Stadium: about 8-10 beer and cider vendors each home game. You buy tokens for $8.50 for any drink (14 oz) or you can buy cans (16 oz) from the beer guys in the stands for $9.50 (or a beer token plus $1). Food inside the stadium is limited to burgers and hot dogs. Sorry no pies.

You can get to Lamport on the 504 King Street tram (streetcar), get off at Jefferson Ave. Or the 509 streetcar from Union Station heading for the Exhibition. From there it's a 5-6 minute walk through the underpass (under the railway line) and up the street north and west to Lamport.

Weather is looking great so far, sunny without being too hot, but bring a hat and sunblock.

Safe travels and see you there!

18 hours ago, Loup said:

Looking forward to welcoming York City Knights fans to Lamport Stadium. I had a great time at Bootham Crescent for the season opener and can't wait for the clash of the titans on Saturday. Some tips:

Kickoff is 1 p.m. local time. Stadium opens around 11:30 a.m. If you want to bring in water to drink, it must be in an unopened, sealed bottle and you have to enter by the northeast gate (corner closest to King Street and Jefferson Avenue).

There are five or more great bars very close by for before & afters and the Beer Garden stays open for two hours after the game ends.

• Craft Brasserie on Atlantic Ave - brewpub with 120 craft beers on tap, best of the bunch for food
  • Big Rock/LIberty Commons on Jefferson Ave - good vibe, nice outdoor patio
  • 3 Brewers on Hanna Ave - officially the Wolfpack pub. A selection of 5 or 6 of their own beers, nice patio.
  • Brazen Head on LIberty Ave
  • Local Liberty Village on Liberty Ave

Beer Garden, inside Lamport Stadium: about 8-10 beer and cider vendors each home game. You buy tokens for $8.50 for any drink (14 oz) or you can buy cans (16 oz) from the beer guys in the stands for $9.50 (or a beer token plus $1). Food inside the stadium is limited to burgers and hot dogs. Sorry no pies.

You can get to Lamport on the 504 King Street tram (streetcar), get off at Jefferson Ave. Or the 509 streetcar from Union Station heading for the Exhibition. From there it's a 5-6 minute walk through the underpass (under the railway line) and up the street north and west to Lamport.

Weather is looking great so far, sunny without being too hot, but bring a hat and sunblock.

Safe travels and see you there!

Thanks for all the tips Loup

Really looking forward to this one, genuinely didn't think at the start of the season this would be a top of the table clash. I had us finishing 12th on around 14-16 points so amazingly happy we are on double that. Really looking forward to experiencing the hospitality of the Wolfpack 

For those Yorkshire men trying to work it out 14oz = 0.7 of a pint for just over £5 on today's exchange rate. Blame Brexit or something or for the cans 16oz is about 0.8 of a pint for about £6. 

1 hour ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Really looking forward to this one, genuinely didn't think at the start of the season this would be a top of the table clash. I had us finishing 12th on around 14-16 points so amazingly happy we are on double that. Really looking forward to experiencing the hospitality of the Wolfpack 

For those Yorkshire men trying to work it out 14oz = 0.7 of a pint for just over £5 on today's exchange rate. Blame Brexit or something or for the cans 16oz is about 0.8 of a pint for about £6. 

Enjoy the trip H,K, with a bit of luck we may be back before the end of the season and you can go again.

Really looking forward to the York game since we haven't had a home game in awhile...always nice to play York...a young progressive positive club and fans...the historical connection will always make for a nice touch.

6 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

How much 

9 minutes ago, Tafkat said:

Robert is there a radio station which boardcast the games that we can listen too over in the UK at all?

this is awful, I dont think so but I will ask the club

Never been on radio so as far as I know and unless the club has major pull with one of the local sports radio shows cant see that happening for Saturday.  I will be Twittering scoreline to Sandy Shipley in Leeds so if anyone wants to follow her at least u will know whats happening. 

This is not cool at all.

Disgraceful behaviour by wolfpack, if overseas teams are going to play in our leagues one of the conditions must be that clubs guarantee live picture coverage of each home match. One camera broadcasting to livestream or Facebook would hardly cost owt. I am beginning to wonder if the wheels are dropping off the wolfpack, with the problems with the owner and now less cash about....can they even afford to get promoted???

Is there any chance of someone in the stands pointing an iphone at the match n putting it on Facebook....??

Archived