North east league

Know that the semi finals were a weird format. Semi final 1 was Jarrow vs Edinburgh with Jarrow winning and going straight through to the final. The second was Cramlington vs West View. With west view winning that. This Saturday sees west view playing Edinburgh in a play off semi final with the winner then going to the final to play Jarrow on the 17th of August. 

All 9 teams played each other, 8 fixtures and one BYE week. Once then the Top 5 went into the playoffs. 

Positions were decided, in the event of being joint on Points by a Head to Head result so it finished: 

1 Jarrow Vikings

2 Edinburgh Eagles

3 Cramlington Rockets

4 West View Warriors

5 Wallsend Eagles

NE Playoffs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the final at North Shields today

Super game that needed golden point to split the teams with Edinburgh winning 38 34

As others have said good things going on the North East, with a girls cup final on first and the day hosted by Whitley Bay RL and excellently organised, although I may have bought too many of their home made cakes. 

There was also a game between a North East select and Bolton Mets which was also close

With Newcastle RL taking an active interest in events, this is undoubtedly the area showing the bast potential including youth development at the moment

The fixture did not show in RL express. I accept deadlines are tight and no doubt no release from RL Is the maim factor

4 minutes ago, groundhopper said:

Watched the final at North Shields today

Super game that needed golden point to split the teams with Edinburgh winning 38 34

As others have said good things going on the North East, with a girls cup final on first and the day hosted by Whitley Bay RL and excellently organised, although I may have bought too many of their home made cakes. 

There was also a game between a North East select and Bolton Mets which was also close

With Newcastle RL taking an active interest in events, this is undoubtedly the area showing the bast potential including youth development at the moment

The fixture did not show in RL express. I accept deadlines are tight and no doubt no release from RL Is the maim factor

I get to watch a games every year, and this year I got to watch Jarrow beat Edinburgh, both sides played well.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived