Hull FC signing...

19 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

This is doing the rounds.

Mixed with the report he has been released from his contact early, send pretty much confirmed.

EBOxXw5WkAM8dJP.jpeg.jpg

Honestly I'm surprised, I wonder how we are squeezing him under the cap, backloaded contracts or actually using the marquee rule?

I know we are shifting an awful lot of players out including big earners like Mini, Manu and Paea, dunno about Ellis, Westerman wasn't on loads due to his one year, Litten on peanuts, Hadley not on loads, neither is Thompson, Green is going as well apparently.

Yes we'll have a great squad and one hopes that he will improve things further but I have no faith in the coach, it highlights yet again hardly any Hull academy players and no players under Radford to debut in the first XVII, Radford and his coaching team haven't been able to develop our youngsters. If we don't win anything next year then Radford should be toast.

Never heard of him, had to go to Wikipedia to find out who he was. If he can't get in the shambles that  is the Warrior's pack it's not saying much. If  he's got a four year deal he must be ecstatic ?

I know almost nothing about him tbh but I have read a few positive comments from people that do know him.

He has torn it up in reserve grade this year (170m per game) but his NRL chances have been limited. 

Could be a dud. Could come over here and take SL by storm. David Fifita came over at the same age with a similar number of NRL appearances. You just don't know with overseas signings. Only time will tell.

Edit. Just reading an article from last year about Melbourne offering him a 3 year deal, but he ended up staying with NZ. He must have something about him if Bellamy wanted him.

FC have a pretty good track record of picking up NRL players with more potential than their CVs suggest. If he is coming now, I wonder whether it is on a similar basis as French coming to Wigan - we had to have him this year as he might not get a visa next year because he hadn’t played enough first grade. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That jumper round his waist isn’t doing a lot for him, makes him look like he’s got a gut. 

Never heard of him tbh. Seems Hull and Pearson actually mean business for 2020 with plenty of signings. 

He’s the one with the hoodie ?

Josh Jones, Manu Ma'u, Mahe Fonua and Chris Satae in for next year. I guess you can probably include Savelio too since he joined us half way through this year and has hardly played.

If nothing else there are going to be some sore bodies next year after facing us.

20 minutes ago, MZH said:

Josh Jones, Manu Ma'u, Mahe Fonua and Chris Satae in for next year. I guess you can probably include Savelio too since he joined us half way through this year and has hardly played.

If nothing else there are going to be some sore bodies next year after facing us.

Does that mean Bienik won't be coming back to us?

I'm feeling positive about the signings we're bringing in for next year, don't think I've seen this amount of work being put into recruitment for a long time. Good to see some forwards finally being brought in to replace the masses we are losing. Certainly got no problem in the backs next year but could see a few being loaned out to get some game time. The younger lads are gonna find it hard to get any games in the first team at all I think. 

9 hours ago, MZH said:

Is Ligi Sao still coming?

8 hours ago, MZH said:

Absolutely no idea what's happening with him.

Hes been playing for Batley, training with Hull and been pencilled in with the Reserves but hasnt played.

Still in the mix as theyre talking of him having a big pre season next year.

48 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Hes been playing for Batley, training with Hull and been pencilled in with the Reserves but hasnt played.

Still in the mix as theyre talking of him having a big pre season next year.

In other words, he is currently really fat.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

Chris Green has joined Wakefield on loan til end of season!! 

That was on the cards for a while I think, so far Radford has taken out four Hull academy players, five if you include Washbrook but he wasn't IMO adding anything to the team/stunting development, and he's replaced them with imports/players from outside the club.

Now I'm sure we will be stronger for our first XVII for next year but as I've continually said, Radford and his staff are not capable of developing a dose of the clap never mind our junior squad members to come through to be first XVII material. No other coach in recent times has failed as badly as that as Radford and Last!

Shaul Naulago Fonua Carlos Fairaimo Kelly Sneyd Taylor Houghton 'peanuts' Sevelio Jones Ma'u Interchange: Bowden Griffin (as a forward) Sao Connor

That's maybe three Hull academy players as part of the strongest/named XVII, all three of them of them made their Hull debuts under different coaches.

We are screwed if we get injuries next season, as I said, all our eggs in one basket!

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

Chris Green has joined Wakefield on loan til end of season!! 

Along with Morgan Escare, according to the BBC. Isn't there a transfer deadline? Genuine question as I don't have a clue.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived