Matty Smith

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

He can't play in CCF, the deadline for signing eligible players for the cup has already passed

He can play ,Warrington guardian states he never played for cats in cc and deadline is friday.

36 minutes ago, Aidan Putt said:

Shall we ask Dusty Springfield too?

Oooh, yes please! Dusty Springfield was a young boy's fantasy when I was a young boy. I know she batted for the other side, but I was too young to know and she was too gorgeous for me to care.

And ...... relax!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

31 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

He can play ,Warrington guardian states he never played for cats in cc and deadline is friday.

He can't play. The registration deadline to play in the SF or final is 19th July (close of business on the last Friday before the semi). See section B3:9 of the Operational Rules

6 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Is Scott Moore available? 

He’d be a great fit with the culture..

You're not trying. Where is Les Boyd? I'd buy him a pair of boots for a couple of 10-minute spells. ?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

19 minutes ago, Moove said:

He can't play. The registration deadline to play in the SF or final is 19th July (close of business on the last Friday before the semi). See section B3:9 of the Operational Rules

Just quoting an article in the Warrington guardian. 

6 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I get the impression Matty Smith is a nice guy.

The ever-so-important Elite League must have more over-30 yr olds playing this season,and re-signed for 2020,than there has ever been before.

Even in the Jeff Grayshon era(s) the average player age was significantly younger.

Yes,some players may take care of themselves,but the more mature players continuing may be the reason the standard appears to be dropping.

The paucity of young players taking over is extremely worrying  - for the Elite League and their hopes of doing more than just keeping the Broadcasting money.

What you are saying meshes perfectly with what is happening in the junior kids leagues i.e. that it is falling in playing numbers and has been doing for a number of years now, fast forward 20 - 30 years and there will be very few new pro's coming through the system.

But, 99% of the contributors on these pages are either ignorant of the fact that there is a real crisis in front of us for tge game in this country or they simply just don't care such is the response the topic recieves whenever mentioned, but if someone puts forward a thread about new playing kits just watch the lemmings clamber over themselves to post a comment.

13 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

What garbage reporting by the WG then.

The cup tied bit is irrelevant. The deadline for signings for SL is this Friday, the deadline for the cup was a month ago. So he can't play in the CCF as its well past the signing deadline.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

19 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

At least it actually has been his year a couple of times.

Only when he was lucky enough to play for Salford!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived