Batley

Batley Bob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is anybody going or are you all on holiday?

If we play as we did against Fev we stand a chance; if we play as we did the last time we faced the old enemy, we will get well beaten again.

Dogs 25 - 25 Rams

Att: 999

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

So, is anybody going or are you all on holiday?

If we play as we did against Fev we stand a chance; if we play as we did the last time we faced the old enemy, we will get well beaten again.

Dogs 25 - 25 Rams

Att: 999

I’ll be there just to see Diskin sign his new contract on the field before the game only for Kevin Nicholas to tear it up at the end of the game after we’ve beaten them?

Batley 18 Rams 20

Could go either way, probably whichever the ref decides!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Before you took on fev I'd be pretty good for a dogs snatch and grab but that took some doing. -4 At bookies

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I had you to win that with 10 mins to go....  thank goodness the ref decided we should win it ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

After such a scintillating display I am baffled as to why many more people don't come flooding in to watch Championship RL.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It baffles me too BSJ. I cant understand how we could come out in the second half and play such rubbish.  Its not difficult to utilise the slope & the wind, complete sets & the points will come.  We did neither in fact did the pack stay in the dressing room?  How many times did we rely on the backs to bring the ball up and make 40 meters going from left to right instead of down the field?.  Its obvious that we just needed to play basic rugby and we could have put at least 20 past them doen the slope but no, very frustrating. I'm not syaing they didnt put a shift in tackling but maybe a bit more brain power is needed.  

It was a mostly dismal game. About 10 minutes of excitement near the end then two yellow cards ended the contest. It felt a bit like a Boxing Day game rather than two teams desperate to secure their Championship status with Brambanis kicking game the difference. 

We had two potential new fans with us, doubt they want to come again.

22 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Taking nothing away from Batley because over the 80 minutes I thought they were the better team, but it was dire with 2 poor teams out there. Anyway I’ll take that if it means Diskin gets a extension on his contract ?

W hy would you want Diskin to stay.How many times have we finished above you with Diskin in charge? LOL

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

After such a scintillating display I am baffled as to why many more people don't come flooding in to watch Championship RL.

Today was mind numbing,boring,no desire,if the kinetic energy of the jaw today had been channeled into a generator....we would have free electric for the next 20 years, referee's must get pi$$ed off nagging in their ears minute after minute  ..and never once to they change their decisions...so why do it?? Think the team are already on mad Monday ...utter rubbish today and to make matters worse Batley were $hite too golden opportunity lost today.

Simply not good enough really. Far too many errors mainly being knock ons. The biggest issue for me is the pack we made less metres than batley the whole game. They where getting up to our 30 up the slope, when we where going uphill we struggled to get out of our half. 

Need some investment in the pack. 

Saying that Tom garrat was brilliant for us, can we clone him? 

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

Two poor teams-yes-but our handling in the first half was diabolical. The first time we got the ball we knocked on, and the second time we made a forward pass. And that continued throughout the game although slightly better in the second half.  The only thing I can think of to cause this is lack of composure, also known as apprehension/ getting the jitters or fear of making a mistake - which made things worse.

The major difference was that Batley had an attacking player and leader  in Brambani. He is just like Thackery at Sheffield  who can either do the business himself or get the team to do it. We need one player at least of this type for next season.

Two players I liked today as always were Knowles and Day who always give everything  Of course the players who spoke out of turn to the ref gained nothing as usual but an opportunity for our opponents.

6 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

With Barrow losing we are both safe.

There are 6 league points still up for grabs if the seagulls do Barrow next week then we can breath that sigh of relief, as obviously we're unable to control our own destiny! 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

We could have been 20 points up in the first half with all the possession Dews kept giving us, we were woeful in attack.

Second half first 20 we controlled possession and looked ok, last 20 Dews had a dig and could have nicked it.

Fair assessment, two poor teams after a long and disappointing season.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Brian Noble was on the terraces and I said to him that he must be desperate to come and watch this rubbish- but without a hint of irony he said it was a good game.....?

Archived