Batley

Batley Bob

He s our new head coach don't you know....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

There are 6 league points still up for grabs if the seagulls do Barrow next week then we can breath that sigh of relief, as obviously we're unable to control our own destiny! 

6 pts true  ?? ????   but after they do the eagles on sunday barrow have to do the same to toronto away and the dogs at home to get their six

11 hours ago, myview said:

Two players I liked today as always were Knowles and Day who always give everything  

Always.

One of these will get my vote for player of the season.  Along with Tom Garrett they’ve rarely let us down (that moment of madness by Knowles at swinton being an exception)

16 hours ago, myview said:

The major difference was that Batley had an attacking player and leader  in Brambani. He is just like Thackery at Sheffield  who can either do the business himself or get the team to do it. We need one player at least of this type for next season.

I wish we had played with anything like the urgency and speed at PTB Dewsbury had, especially in the last 20 minutes. I'd bet BSJ and GOR after several pints of San Miguel, would be quicker to their feet than our players. ?

I thought Sykes did well leading you around the park and directing operations, as he always does.

I've only seen 5 or 6 Rams games this season, but is that lack of discipline and number of errors the norm? For us, it was business as usual, we play like that most weeks and it's the reason we are where we are, I just wondered if it was the same for you?

14 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I wish we had played with anything like the urgency and speed at PTB Dewsbury had, especially in the last 20 minutes. I'd bet BSJ and GOR after several pints of San Miguel, would be quicker to their feet than our players. ?

I thought Sykes did well leading you around the park and directing operations, as he always does.

I've only seen 5 or 6 Rams games this season, but is that lack of discipline and number of errors the norm? For us, it was business as usual, we play like that most weeks and it's the reason we are where we are, I just wondered if it was the same for you?

I'm still pretty quick at last orders. ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

21 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

It's a mixed bag. Last week v Fev it was 20 minutes before we made an error, yesterday it was about 20 seconds. If we start well we keep it up, but more often than not we start poorly and carry on like that for most of the game save about 20 mins. We managed to play poorly in all 3 games v Batley

21 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Taking nothing away from Batley because over the 80 minutes I thought they were the better team, but it was dire with 2 poor teams out there. Anyway I’ll take that if it means Diskin gets a extension on his contract ?

You will be taking the defeat then Graham?

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

10 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Brian Noble was on the terraces and I said to him that he must be desperate to come and watch this rubbish- but without a hint of irony he said it was a good game.....?

If he thinks that Reverend I'm sure neither set of speccies what him as a coach. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It's a mixed bag. Last week v Fev it was 20 minutes before we made an error, yesterday it was about 20 seconds. If we start well we keep it up, but more often than not we start poorly and carry on like that for most of the game save about 20 mins. We managed to play poorly in all 3 games v Batley

Thanks for the info WR.

Making unforced errors and failing to do the basics, seems to be an epidemic in the game at the moment. I watched the Widnes v Toulouse game on Saturday, our game and having read the report of the Halifax game, they were all carbon copies of one another - error strewn knock-on-a -thons. 

I know I'm in the minority of our fans, for not blaming the coach for playing this way. However, it seems at least 6 teams played like this over the weekend. It can't all be down to Diskins coaching ?

I think both clubs will have been disappointed with the game, the only polish we can put on the ###### is that Batley got the points. I think both teams need to drastically improve next season as the old enemy, Whitehaven won't be easy next season so I can see either the Rams or the Dogs for the drop next season (or even both)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think both clubs will have been disappointed with the game, the only polish we can put on the ###### is that Batley got the points. I think both teams need to drastically improve next season as the old enemy, Whitehaven won't be easy next season so I can see either the Rams or the Dogs for the drop next season (or even both)

Agreed, and that will be a perilous drop given the forecast reorganisation in 2022.

Merger it is then!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

56 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Agreed, and that will be a perilous drop given the forecast reorganisation in 2022.

Merger it is then!

Reading the above and I totally disagree that both teams are poor. Ive seen Dewsbury twice against Fev. As for the merger though BSJ and if its true that they are both poor then regretfully two poor teams dont make a good one. 0+0 equals 0?

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Reading the above and I totally disagree that both teams are poor. Ive seen Dewsbury twice against Fev. As for the merger though BSJ and if its true that they are both poor then regretfully two poor teams dont make a good one. 0+0 equals 0?

At least we'd be able to run a second team

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Were has the excitement of a Heavy Woolen Derby gone?  weeks before the fixture would be something to look forward to but nowadays it does not raise any enthusiasm. Is it because of the low standard of the matches with the first 30 mins of the match being a dropathon. I should of been very happy beating the old rivals but took no satisfaction  from the win apart from climbing up the league to qualify for more funding next season. 

Hopefully next season a miracle will have happened and we will be fighting for higher places but something needs to be done to refresh these derby matches.  

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

I know what you mean ernie one, I can't even raise the enthusiasm to bait the Rams rabble

Sad days indeed

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I know what you mean ernie one, I can't even raise the enthusiasm to bait the Rams rabble

Sad days indeed

It was a very flat atmosphere except for 10 mins near the end. And yes we can't even be bothered to rile each other any more. But last week v Fev it was an exciting enthusiastic performance. 

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Merger it is then!

Can't see a problem with that BSJ - it worked out just fine for Hull Thunder and Huddersfield Eagles. I expect the RFL to offer a million quid or so to help get our fledgling club Batbury Ramdogs off the ground.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

20 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think Joe Martin's sinbinning was a bit harsh......

All three were, to be honest. Backlash from Catalans v Warrington no doubt.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived