Batley

Batley Bob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

With a team beginning with B........  

Well at least we won't have to buy a new flag.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

3 games for Manning and 1game for James Brown - missed that one. 

Joe Martin didn't get a ban for slightly throwing a ball at a Batley player......?

I think Manning's is harsh, it's not like he drove his head in to the ground, he just dropped him on his back Brown is out for the rest of the season anyway, he broke his hand in the game.

Gabriel's looked the worst incident of the match, and that one wasn't even penalised, go figure?

Manning tends to lift in his tackles, he's been cited for it before. I put it down to his enthusiasm for the game rather than malice. At least we don't need him now we are safe!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I think Manning's is harsh, it's not like he drove his head in to the ground, he just dropped him on his back Brown is out for the rest of the season anyway, he broke his hand in the game.

Gabriel's looked the worst incident of the match, and that one wasn't even penalised, go figure?

Can’t disagree with any of your comments.

I said it at the time I think Manning’s tackle a penalty would have been sufficient punishment. What’s Brown’s Suspension for?

It would have been interesting to see what the referee would have done if Reitie hadn’t had scored?

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Can’t disagree with any of your comments.

I said it at the time I think Manning’s tackle a penalty would have been sufficient punishment. What’s Brown’s Suspension for?

It would have been interesting to see what the referee would have done if Reitie hadn’t had scored?

Or he had laid down like he had been poleaxed?

Brown jumped into the tackle, to catch a ball which was over his head, but he had his knee up which caught the tackler in the chest. 

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Or he had laid down like he had been poleaxed?

Brown jumped into the tackle, to catch a ball which was over his head, but he had his knee up which caught the tackler in the chest. 

Not many wingers other than Reitie would have scored credit the man for just getting on with it,tbh I think that’s why the referee didn’t take any further action.

9 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I couldn't understand why Manning got a sin bin. Penalty, yes, but nothing more. It wasn't a spear tackle or anything like. I presume the ban is for an accumulation of offences, otherwise it is very harsh indeed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I couldn't understand why Manning got a sin bin. Penalty, yes, but nothing more. It wasn't a spear tackle or anything like. I presume the ban is for an accumulation of offences, otherwise it is very harsh indeed.

He has a bit of a disciplinary record to put it mildly and was sin-binned against Rochdale for the same thing. Which is foolish on his part, but I thought both offences were very harsh. Especially when a player like Acton finished Hemmingway's career with dreadful off the ball attack and only got 2 games more. 

Archived