Ti me to look for new coach

philipw

Not really a massive surprise. Scott has done wonders with a very limited budget, got us into the Championship where others failed. He has been unflinchingly honest, been loyal to the club in trying circumstances and always maintained a competitive squad, the players clearly have massive respect for him, the playing style has not always endeared him to some fans but even those must agree he has put in 100% every season, and to be frank we ain't exactly blessed with the finance to sign superstars. He has got the best out of the players at his disposal.

I thank him for his service and effort at our club and wish him nothing but success in the future. Hope he gets a big ovation on Sunday.Cheers boss.

46 minutes ago, clifford said:

I wonder if there will be any money for a new coach........................... After Saturdays breaking down 

Haha.  Saturday morning in the car park at Whitebank.  Chris on the phone to Swans.  "I'm sick of this, I want a different coach, oh, morning Scott"

Scott has worked wonders on a budget of nearly sod all. I thank him for the the sterling work he's done for the club. He got us into the championship for a couple of seasons which many of us probably thought would never happen. Let's see what the next coach can do. Once again thank you Scott and good luck for the future. 

39 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Scott has worked wonders on a budget of nearly sod all. I thank him for the the sterling work he's done for the club. He got us into the championship for a couple of seasons which many of us probably thought would never happen. Let's see what the next coach can do. Once again thank you Scott and good luck for the future. 

Precisely,  I do however find the timing of this strange a few days before the biggest game of the season so far. I personally think nobby will go back to salford working with the reserves again. I wish him all the best, done a good job under testing circumstances 

As others have said he's done a great job with this team and stuck at it on a very limited budget. So thanks for everything nobby. 

He's been close to walking many times though and you get the feeling he's had enough. Agree with CCR on the timing of this, hope it doesn't unsettle the team before the biggest game of the season...

Timing of the anouncement was not perfect but Chris is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  I'm sure the players were all made aware so no real issue.

As many have already said, Scott has worked wonders on a tight budget and had some serious bad luck throughout with player injuries and leavers at crucial times.  One thing we can all agree on is that throughout his tenure he has given 100% to the job and the club and so, as many have, I thank Nobby for his 7 years at the club and wish him well for the future, whatever he chooses to do.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

I'd give it to Crook. He knows the club and importantly the players know him.

He reads the gave as well as anyone else, has the experience and I'm sure if he needed any advice Nobby would be there for him.

To bring someone in who doesn't know the history of our club would be, in my opinion, the death knell of Oldham.

3 hours ago, jroyales said:

I'd give it to Crook. He knows the club and importantly the players know him.

He reads the gave as well as anyone else, has the experience and I'm sure if he needed any advice Nobby would be there for him.

To bring someone in who doesn't know the history of our club would be, in my opinion, the death knell of Oldham.

Is he experienced enough? Perhaps he could pair up with Pete Carey? 

8 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Two names I've heard have applied so far, mike grady ex crusaders and south wales coach. Alan kilshaw ex Hornets coach 

Yeah, that is mentioned here:  https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-176/

Along with.....

Salford interview Naylor

Salford Red Devils have interviewed Scott Naylor as they seek to bring in a new assistant coach for Ian Watson.

We reported in last week’s gossip column that the Red Devils were looking at Naylor as a replacement for Martin Gleeson, who left the club earlier this year to take up an offer in rugby union. We can confirm that Naylor has been interviewed over the vacancy. Last week, Oldham announced that Naylor will leave his post as head coach of the League 1 club at the end of the season. However, the trade papers have linked ex-Toronto and Leigh coach Paul Rowley with the assistant coaching job at Salford.

If we try and template the sucess.
England cap. Appeared in Grand Finals. Won all domestically. Coached elsewhere.
Not necesarily a well known name, under the radar if you like, but maybe known. Tough, no nonsnse.hungry for sucess.

Anyting else?

1 hour ago, SINGE said:

If we try and template the sucess.
England cap. Appeared in Grand Finals. Won all domestically. Coached elsewhere.
Not necesarily a well known name, under the radar if you like, but maybe known. Tough, no nonsnse.hungry for sucess.

Anyting else?

Within budget? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/08/2019 at 14:24, m brooksy said:

Done a magnificent job but it does feel the right time for a change.

I think this might inspire the players as for the vast majority Scott gave them a chance when nobody else would and they almost owe him their careers.

Told ya.

Archived