Kenny Edwards

He's a nasty piece of work and was an utter prat at the midweek game we played against them last season. 

How a crowd can turn toxic when there's next to no away support shows what sort of person he is. Shouldn't be anywhere near a Rugby pitch.

12 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

A player some people love to dislike. 

A good player that does give me the feeling that he could explode any minute, so there is a risk with him. 

Has he signed for anyone for next year yet?

I read somewhere he is weighing up offers and union is in the consideration. Given he plays in France now and the salaries on offer in Union for squad players, he may be in line for a code switch. Either that or will end up at some team in the SL or NRL who feel the upsides outweigh the down. He is a good player just as you said, is prone to loosing it and having flare ups. 

34 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I read somewhere he is weighing up offers and union is in the consideration. Given he plays in France now and the salaries on offer in Union for squad players, he may be in line for a code switch. Either that or will end up at some team in the SL or NRL who feel the upsides outweigh the down. He is a good player just as you said, is prone to loosing it and having flare ups. 

I doubt he will get any offers from the NRL.

He has been marked as more trouble than he is worth.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

4 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

3 hours ago, Allora said:

I doubt he will get any offers from the NRL.

He has been marked as more trouble than he is worth.

Hasn’t he signed for Huddersfield?

The RFL have published their decision on their website, pasted in part below. Interestingly, all Catalan players were represented by Stuart Cummings (and Richard Cramer) at their hearings. 

If you can't be bothered to read it, Edward argued he was encouraging Catalan fans to sing and not encouraging fans to fight.

"The player indicated that at the end of the game he was pleased with the result and went towards the crowd behind the goals. He was aware there was some problems in the crowd as he had been watching it for a time. He then heard the Catalan crowd begin to sing their Catalan song and he turned to where he knew they were seated in the crowd and raised hands and arms in the air to encourage them to celebrate this win. His actions were not to incite the crowd as the trouble had started previously. His actions were an encouragement to his own fans to celebrate the win by singing. He raised his hands to do this and not to incite any spectators." 

"This Tribunal have to consider the actions of this player at the end of the game between Catalan and Warrington. It is argued that this players actions of waving his arms in the direction of the crowd was to incite them but this Tribunal note that the trouble had already started prior to the players gesticulations. It is clear that the player was agitated but no more than any other player. The situation was not assisted by other players reacting to these gesticulations and the player himself did not assist by acting in an unprofessional manner when he was aware there were problems in the crowd. The player indicates the actions were to encourage his own fans to celebrate the result by singing the Catalan song and not directed at any other supporters. This Tribunal have to be comfortably satisfied that this player was guilty of this charge. This Tribunal do not feel the evidence presented does do this and find the player Not Guilty."

so any time a player runs to the crowd waving his arms are we supposed to charge him with incitement .

a clear case of celebrating with his own teams supporters as the warrington fans had already gone barmy by then and in many cases after the invasion of the Catalan hospitality had gone away so were not even there to incite 

10 hours ago, Chris22 said:

The RFL have published their decision on their website, pasted in part below. Interestingly, all Catalan players were represented by Stuart Cummings (and Richard Cramer) at their hearings. 

If you can't be bothered to read it, Edward argued he was encouraging Catalan fans to sing and not encouraging fans to fight.

"The player indicated that at the end of the game he was pleased with the result and went towards the crowd behind the goals. He was aware there was some problems in the crowd as he had been watching it for a time. He then heard the Catalan crowd begin to sing their Catalan song and he turned to where he knew they were seated in the crowd and raised hands and arms in the air to encourage them to celebrate this win. His actions were not to incite the crowd as the trouble had started previously. His actions were an encouragement to his own fans to celebrate the win by singing. He raised his hands to do this and not to incite any spectators." 

"This Tribunal have to consider the actions of this player at the end of the game between Catalan and Warrington. It is argued that this players actions of waving his arms in the direction of the crowd was to incite them but this Tribunal note that the trouble had already started prior to the players gesticulations. It is clear that the player was agitated but no more than any other player. The situation was not assisted by other players reacting to these gesticulations and the player himself did not assist by acting in an unprofessional manner when he was aware there were problems in the crowd. The player indicates the actions were to encourage his own fans to celebrate the result by singing the Catalan song and not directed at any other supporters. This Tribunal have to be comfortably satisfied that this player was guilty of this charge. This Tribunal do not feel the evidence presented does do this and find the player Not Guilty."

I am.not surprised by the defence, I think it is a difficult charge to prove.

The telling thing for me is the response of his own skipper.

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I am.not surprised by the defence, I think it is a difficult charge to prove.

The telling thing for me is the response of his own skipper.

Indeed.

If Edwards was being such a jolly good egg with his hip-hip-huzzahing, why did Remi Casty suddenly grab him and pull him away?

Surely the fact that the player admittedly knew there were crowd problems at the time and still chose to "get them to sing" (i.e. raise emotions further) at such an inappropriate time is the cause for concern?

It's not inciting the crowd to commit violent acts, but it's trying to get an emotional response when things were already bad. It was completely irresponsible and created issues both on and off the pitch for both sets of players and fans.

And he got away with it. Good job, RFL.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 07/08/2019 at 17:06, DoubleD said:

Hasn’t he signed for Huddersfield?

Best of luck inciting that crowd. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived