8 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/19 at 18:45

Discuss the SL game between Warrington Wolves and St Helens here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd better bung this thread up now as it's the top two and should develop a bit of interest.

Looking forward to it although I've been a bit busy of late and am curious to know whether Wire have any players or fans available.

Skints 28 Wire 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Really looking forward to this one, mainly as I'm pleased that so many who have only had to turn up to training to be selected are *not* on Wire's teamsheet.

Some think this is going to be a Saints walkover. I certainly hope not, and nor do I expect a fired up bunch of relative newcomers out to prove a point to allow it to be. 

Final score: a lot closer than people think. Burrell to score two tries on home debut.

• John Drake changed the title to 8 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)
  • John Drake pinned this topic

Looks like Wire might be playing a few academy products, bit of a novelty ?

Strange game really. A result either way doesn't really tell us much ahead of the cup final, although a Wire defeat puts them in real danger of losing out on a home play-off game.

Hopefully it's just a good tough entertaining game of RL and somewhat less 'eventful' than the Catalans game.

16 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Think we’ll win, but we should do against such a depleted side.

Main thing is I would like to get through it without any injuries really. Yeah, we can win the hubcap, too. 

Won it last week

Can't see anything except a healthy Saints win, will Holbrook be really cheeky and 'rest a few', that wouldn't be disrespectful to Warrington but he has bigger fish to fry than worrying about 2 points/bragging rights. If he did and Saints lost I wouldn't be concerned as a Saints fan.

Certainly Warington need the win with Hull sniffing around 

9 hours ago, Moove said:

Looks like Wire might be playing a few academy products, bit of a novelty ?

Strange game really. A result either way doesn't really tell us much ahead of the cup final, although a Wire defeat puts them in real danger of losing out on a home play-off game.

Hopefully it's just a good tough entertaining game of RL and somewhat less 'eventful' than the Catalans game.

With the fixture run in, I think it is unlikely we will finish 2nd. Our recent league form has been nothing short of disastrous. 

I was surprised by Wire's squad selection, injuries aside I can't see the logic of resting so many 2 weeks before Wembley.

If he rests them all again next week then there's a danger they will be out of sorts for the final with large numbers having not played for 3 weeks, plus the guys carrying injuries like Austin, Hughes & Charnley. If he picks them next week then they run the risk of them picking up knocks that they just can't shake off before the final.

Personally I think Holbrook has taken the better option of playing a fairly strong team this week to build a bit of momentum in the team and then almost certainly resting most of them next week to freshen them up for the final.

Wire are now in real danger of losing 2nd spot in the league to either Hull or the pies (or possibly both, dropping down to 4th) and facing a struggle in the play-off's.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

What's the squad?

Sitaleki Akauola, Luther Burrell, Ben Currie, Matt Davis, Riley Dean, Bryson Goodwin, Chris Hill, Luis Johnson, Toby King, Harvey Livett, Jake Mamo, Pat Moran, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Stefan Ratchford, Lama Tasi, Josh Thewlis, Danny Walker, Ben Westwood

And I assume Matty Smith.

Would be good to see the likes of Burrell, Johnson, Walker, Westwood and Smith get a run.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Sitaleki Akauola, Luther Burrell, Ben Currie, Matt Davis, Riley Dean, Bryson Goodwin, Chris Hill, Luis Johnson, Toby King, Harvey Livett, Jake Mamo, Pat Moran, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Stefan Ratchford, Lama Tasi, Josh Thewlis, Danny Walker, Ben Westwood

Would be good to see the likes of Burrell, Johnson, Walker, Westwood and Smith get a run.

If I was naming a team I'd go with:

Ratchford

Goodwin

Burrell

King

Mamo

Smith

Patton

Hill

Walker

Westwood

Currie

Tasi

Livett

------

Akuoala

BMM

Johnson

Davis

Big bench.

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

Hardly a "second rate squad" as some people have been making out,  i was expecting to see 8/9 academy players, like Huddersfield have for most of the season, should be closer than most think.

Archived