10-11 Aug: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 10th AUGUST 
Keighley Cougars v Hunslet KO 6pm

SUNDAY 11th AUGUST 
Doncaster v London Skolars KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Coventry Bears KO 2.30pm
Oldham v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
Workington Town v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm

Dons 17

1. Jordan Howden

2. Sam Doherty

3. Connor Bower

4. Jason Tali.

5. Matty Chrimes

6. Rangi Chase

7. Matty Beharrell

8. Connor Scott

9. Kyle Kesik

10. Russ Spiers

11. Ewan Hodgson

12. Brad Foster

13. Jordie Hedges

14. Watson Boas

15. Brandon Douglas

16. Frankie Mariano

17. Stefanos Bastas

On 09/08/2019 at 19:47, Rob Nash said:

Skolars will struggle. There's a lot of points in the Donny backs

Pretty close at the moment 16-12 to Dons at HT. 

nice to see WWR scored at try. 

Bears and Crusaders served up a cracker today despite both teams deleted by injuries etc. Classic game of two halves. Bears defending brilliantly and taking chances but losing two key players before the break.

Crusaders responded well to their interval bollocking and rolled us over in the second half. League 1 rugby league was the winner (he said magnanimously) and everyone went home friends.

Should be an easier game next week at Newcastle...

Definitely a game of two halves in Wrexham this afternoon. At half time the Cru were losing 16 - 4 with only a try virtually on the hooter to lift the gloom in what had, so far, been a deeply boring game. I don't know whether that try somehow knocked the stuffing out of Coventry or it was something Muzza said in his half time team talk (rant?), but the second half was a complete turn around with the Cru scoring 29 unanswered points in style to send us home reasonably happy. Didn't look like a big crowd, but the PA wasn't working where I was so I don't know if it was given.

17 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Definitely a game of two halves in Wrexham this afternoon. At half time the Cru were losing 16 - 4 with only a try virtually on the hooter to lift the gloom in what had, so far, been a deeply boring game. I don't know whether that try somehow knocked the stuffing out of Coventry or it was something Muzza said in his half time team talk (rant?), but the second half was a complete turn around with the Cru scoring 29 unanswered points in style to send us home reasonably happy. Didn't look like a big crowd, but the PA wasn't working where I was so I don't know if it was given.

Eh? A fantastically exciting game initially that saw Coventry race to a 16-0 lead before the hosts ended the day's entertainment by scoring a lucky try and it was a right boring affair from then on

Skolars are back down the bottom of the table which I predicted at the start of the season. Nothing has changed with lack of cohesion as a group and lacking fitness. We would only be in front of Coventry, west wales and crusaders if keighley didn’t lose their points. Another season of failure in my opinion. We were fortunate to have guy armitage today who has been full time  at one of the biggest rugby clubs in Europe otherwise we wouldn’t have got close to Doncaster.

Archived