11 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 3pm

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/19 at 14:00

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

It says Evalds on the BBC website, Tony!

I was listening to the BBC commentary and they definitely said he passed to Lolohea.

I don't really care. We are in the top 5. Wahoooooo!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

6 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I was listening to the BBC commentary and they definitely said he passed to Lolohea.

I don't really care. We are in the top 5. Wahoooooo!

I don't give a monkey's either!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Be good to see Salford in top 5.

Thank you. Lets hope we can stay there.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

15 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Yeah ta i meant at end of season, sick of seeing same 5 teams. 

Yeah it seems like forever doesn't it?

But I always check the result and where they are in case someone changed it while I wasn't looking.

Not a great game to watch for purists. Huddersfield tried to slow the game to walking pace at times, Robinson on the field more than some players. Thought Giants should have had a player in the bin, Wardle should have gone for throwing the ball at Lusick causing a pile up.

Salford had huge amount of possession but didn't play their usual flowing game. Really a game of defensive displays. Salford must have been held up at least 5 times

Perhaps worth pointing out that this result means Salford are mathematically safe from relegation and so, unless there is any unexpected points deduction, or the wettest of wet dreams where Salford fold and are replaced by a proper club like New York Non-Existent or Philadelphia Phantasy is made flesh, Salford will be in Super League next season.

If you've been affected by any of the issues raised in this post, support and advice is available on-line at https://www.samaritans.org/

I think Huddersfield also need to answer some questions regarding the treatment of English. He took a knock to the head, received lengthy treatment, played on, at the next tackle he was again injured this time he could barely stand, and had to be helped from the field. 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Not a great game to watch for purists. Huddersfield tried to slow the game to walking pace at times, Robinson on the field more than some players. Thought Giants should have had a player in the bin, Wardle should have gone for throwing the ball at Lusick causing a pile up.

Salford had huge amount of possession but didn't play their usual flowing game. Really a game of defensive displays. Salford must have been held up at least 5 times

You do know why he threw the ball at him don't you and if so do you not think the Salford players misdemeanour was worse and deserved a yellow too?

Just now, Red Willow said:

I think Huddersfield also need to answer some questions regarding the treatment of English. He took a knock to the head, received lengthy treatment, played on, at the next tackle he was again injured this time he could barely stand, and had to be helped from the field. 

He played on as he was given the all clear, and unfortunately  got injured again at the next tackle at which point the Salford fans booed when he went down, i presume as they suspected he was 'pretending'?

2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Perhaps worth pointing out that this result means Salford are mathematically safe from relegation and so, unless there is any unexpected points deduction, or the wettest of wet dreams where Salford fold and are replaced by a proper club like New York Non-Existent or Philadelphia Phantasy is made flesh, Salford will be in Super League next season.

If you've been affected by any of the issues raised in this post, support and advice is available on-line at https://www.samaritans.org/

Hang on, weren't most of the people gleefully/hopefully predicting oblivion for Salford the insular, anti-progress types with narrow local grudges, rather than expansionists?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Hang on, weren't most of the people gleefully/hopefully predicting oblivion for Salford the insular, anti-progress types with narrow local grudges, rather than expansionists?

Yes they've always included Salford in their brings nothing to SL arguments and very often if they feel cheated by what's happened say their club should be the one in SL, even when they've been relegated and don't come straight back up.

21 hours ago, daz39 said:

He played on as he was given the all clear, and unfortunately  got injured again at the next tackle at which point the Salford fans booed when he went down, i presume as they suspected he was 'pretending'?

Well I was in the West Stand and the Salford fans were not booing English we couldn’t believe that he hadn’t been taken off after the first injury.

The fans were shouting to the Giants bench about how they felt that they were wrong in letting the player stay on the field.

On 10/08/2019 at 21:06, Clogiron said:

And I thought I had a drink problem! Is there anyone you don't have a bottle or a mascot for?

To be fair, all the pics weren't done at the same time! I do look out for bottles & cans from relevant sponsors, areas or with word and message associations to suit certain certain teams and contexts.

We have got Mascots for most of the teams, Warrington Wolves, Castleford Tigers, Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull FC, Leeds Rhinos, Huddersfield Giants, and improvised "substitutes" for London Broncos and Catalans Dragons. Wigan and Saints can be sourced from the clubs and we hope to see those arrive soon. But we are stuck on Salford and Wakefield as they haven't got anything for sale and there are no obvious alternatives that we can think of. Any ideas welcome.

Doing the pics with my kids has been something that we have had a lot of fun with, they love to see their "Rugby Bears" on the Internet. Perhaps not everyone appreciates it, but it's just a bit of fun, and well intentioned. We have had a few "likes" and if a few people have had a chuckle with us, it means it was worth sharing. ??

Archived