NRL 2019 - Round 21 - Match Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the first one and only caught the last 20 minutes of the second one. I'm thinking of canning Foxtel since all the games are available as replays on nrl.com within 2 days.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

I missed the first one and only caught the last 20 minutes of the second one. I'm thinking of canning Foxtel since all the games are available as replays on nrl.com within 2 days.

No can do, will miss waking up on a Sunday morning and reading your updates on those early games.?

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

"Feels like 2 degrees on sideline," says commentator. The wind may be a problem, behind the Red Vee in the first half. As I type this, Tyrone Peachey kicks out on the full.

5min: did Paul Vaughan score under the posts? Well done, he resisted the urge to grab the bobbling ball and just slammed a hand on it. TRY

Widdop converts.  6 - 0

Commentators say wind is behind Titans which seems odd because the Weather Bureau says it's WNW. WNW should be running straught down the middle of the ground from top to bottom.

jubilee-oval.png

16min: Brian Kelly scores out wide so this kick should decide which way the wind is blowing.

Nope, Peachey nailed the kick.   6 - 6

Now they're saying he kicked it into a howling L to R wind!! FFS!!  That would be WSW.

Now the commentator calls it a "wild westerly" after Gasnier said it would be behind the Dragqueens in the second half!! FFS!

Final piece of wind commentary:

There's a lot of wind and it seems to be coming from the air.

50min: brilliant Gold Coast try from side to side and back again.  Peachey's goal kick was awful, as if some kind of air movement had affected its trajectory.  Titans  16 - 24

Archived