Presentation night - September 4th

Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 3 weeks later...

Great night as ever and good to see such a good turnout from the players 

Very happy with the awards too.  Paul Sykes fully deserves supporters player of the season and very pleased that Sam Day was man of steel 

Tom Garratt forward of the year and Andy Gabriel back of the year. Let’s hope we can keep the core of the team and attract a few new recruits though listening to Lee talking about budgets it’s hard to be optimistic.  

Onwards and upwards ?

40 minutes ago, NickD said:

Very happy with the awards too.  Paul Sykes fully deserves supporters player of the season and very pleased that Sam Day was man of steel 

Tom Garratt forward of the year and Andy Gabriel back of the year. Let’s hope we can keep the core of the team and attract a few new recruits though listening to Lee talking about budgets it’s hard to be optimistic.  

Onwards and upwards ?

Can’t argue with any of the awards given out last night,well deserved.From conversations I had last night it looks like 1 player Sheffield bound and another to Batley. Quite a few players signed on for next season.

37 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Can’t argue with any of the awards given out last night,well deserved.From conversations I had last night it looks like 1 player Sheffield bound and another to Batley. Quite a few players signed on for next season.

How’s do Sheffield do it  I wonder? Play in a park with 200  speccies but constantly more brass to spend than many others 

4 hours ago, NickD said:

How’s do Sheffield do it  I wonder? Play in a park with 200  speccies but constantly more brass to spend than many others 

I asked that question Nick D on the Bulldogs forum the reply was.  "They have wealthy backers."

So who needs . .Own ground, seats, toilets, bars, scoreboard, fans, advertising boards, turnstiles, and Amber Ribbons or BISSA. Or even supporters 

Never mind the rules of ground requirements. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

2 hours ago, colinb said:

I asked that question Nick D on the Bulldogs forum the reply was.  "They have wealthy backers."

So who needs . .Own ground, seats, toilets, bars, scoreboard, fans, advertising boards, turnstiles, and Amber Ribbons or BISSA. Or even supporters 

Those ground requirement rues were never implemented Colin. Originally they were a requirement to facilitate the television broadcasting of matches but that hasn't been much of an issue for a while. The requirements that exist now are quite modest and only seem to be applied when a club wants to move to a new ground.

And, yes, Sheffield do have one notable wealthy backer but, then again, so do London so I can't really see where or why we can complain, can you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, NickD said:

Onwards and upwards ?

I think that the squad that we will assemble will be cause for greater optimism than this time last year, Nick. A fair number of our better players from this year have already re-signed or are close to doing so.

Many clubs in the Championship will have tight budgets next season but at least we won't have the lowest one

Definitely onwards and upwards.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Those ground requirement rues were never implemented Colin. Originally they were a requirement to facilitate the television broadcasting of matches but that hasn't been much of an issue for a while. The requirements that exist now are quite modest and only seem to be applied when a club wants to move to a new ground.

And, yes, Sheffield do have one notable wealthy backer but, then again, so do London so I can't really see where or why we can complain, can 

Will not derail the topic. Will PM you BSJ with my question. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Last night was my first attendance at this function and I enjoyed it. It was great to see the players in good spirits and the recipients deserved their awards.

I have a couple of questions though:

1: how is the award for “Man of Steel” decided and

2: why were not all the players’ shirts handed to their sponsors?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 05/09/2019 at 17:40, colinb said:

I remember talking to Ronnie Earnshaw many years ago, whilst he was in charge. He told me that they had really good sponsorship.

I can't see any other way they could have had the playing budgets they have consistently had over the years. It must be helpful being the only club in a city the size of Sheffield.

Archived