Declan Kay

The Lad

I have been wondering why he hasn't been playing recently as he is one of our best players and now I know why, guess he didn't fit into Callands expert plans. This just sums up how poor we have been off the field, keeping quolity off the pitch and then letting them go. I don't think he will be back and I can't blame him. My only question is if this decision will be the first of many.

46 minutes ago, The Lad said:

I have been wondering why he hasn't been playing recently as he is one of our best players and now I know why, guess he didn't fit into Callands expert plans. This just sums up how poor we have been off the field, keeping quolity off the pitch and then letting them go. I don't think he will be back and I can't blame him. My only question is if this decision will be the first of many.

Unbelievable, letting him go and to of all clubs Oldham, really rated Declan, he has a further year on his contract, I'm afraid it's a bit of a shambles at Hornets, who makes these bloody decisions?

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Unbelievable, letting him go and to of all clubs Oldham, really rated Declan, he has a further year on his contract, I'm afraid it's a bit of a shambles at Hornets, who makes these bloody decisions?

Unbelievable it means the teams packed up perhaps.

Why does the question have to be asked? Because you've got a downer on Matt Calland? 

There's plenty of players that do want to play for Hornets and Matt Calland so players like Scott Moore and Declan Kay who think their better off else where, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

29 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Why does the question have to be asked? Because you've got a downer on Matt Calland? 

There's plenty of players that do want to play for Hornets and Matt Calland so players like Scott Moore and Declan Kay who think their better off else where, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He's one of our best players, has always put 100% on the pitch and suddenly isn't played and then loaned out. I don't think that's a mark on him if it reflects proorly on someone it isn't him.

I don't have a downer on Calland, I have a downer on a coach that saposedly had all the know-how and all the tools to turn us around and turns out he didn't, who came here and has admitted he didn't know how bad it was, who has brought in player that are not good enough.

But most of all a coach who can not do any wrong in the eyes of some people on this forum who don't look at the results, the league table, the points difference, our fitness, the manner in which we lose or any of the facts and just blindly support him because they have been wanting him in this position for years and know if it was anyone else they would be calling for his head but don't admit the mistakes he has made or his failures because they will then have to admit the their messiah ain't what he's cracked up to be.

4 hours ago, The Lad said:

He's one of our best players, has always put 100% on the pitch and suddenly isn't played and then loaned out. I don't think that's a mark on him if it reflects proorly on someone it isn't him.

I don't have a downer on Calland, I have a downer on a coach that saposedly had all the know-how and all the tools to turn us around and turns out he didn't, who came here and has admitted he didn't know how bad it was, who has brought in player that are not good enough.

But most of all a coach who can not do any wrong in the eyes of some people on this forum who don't look at the results, the league table, the points difference, our fitness, the manner in which we lose or any of the facts and just blindly support him because they have been wanting him in this position for years and know if it was anyone else they would be calling for his head but don't admit the mistakes he has made or his failures because they will then have to admit the their messiah ain't what he's cracked up to be.

Wayne Bennett couldn't turn that squad round its s###e wait till he has his own squad in place before you start giving a hard time 

8 hours ago, The Lad said:

The last 2 coaches had full preseasons to assemble a squad, the optimum time to attract unattached players and condition others.

Your extremely short sighted and naive to think a coach can turn around someone else’s squad part way through the season.

Ive supported every coach brought in to the club, it sounded from people at the club that it became the Kilshaw show and was obvious after not very long Forster wasn’t upto it. I’ve got high hopes for Calland now given time.

1 hour ago, Heywood Tiger said:

The last 2 coaches had full preseasons to assemble a squad, the optimum time to attract unattached players and condition others.

So?, are you saying you can only win a game if you have have pre-season.

Your extremely short sighted and naive to think a coach can turn around someone else’s squad part way through the season.

No I'm expecting improvements, let's take fitness as a example there are a level of optimal fitness that that squad reaches and thats built up during the season. There should be a marked leval of improvement even during the season and there has been nothing, he has had twice as many games and not a single improvement. Saying  we should have won 10 by now is ridiculous but i would have expected wins or an improved performance even in loss but i have seen nothing and nobody has, to say otherwise is being willingly blind.

Ive supported every coach brought in to the club, it sounded from people at the club that it became the Kilshaw show and was obvious after not very long Forster wasn’t upto it. I’ve got high hopes for Calland now given time.

Thank God it was the kilshaw show it was mainly shown through the championship screen. Foster should have never been given the job and I think Calland has shown he shouldn't either.

22 minutes ago, The Lad said:

So?, are you saying you can only win a game if you have have pre-season.

No I'm expecting improvements, let's take fitness as a example there are a level of optimal fitness that that squad reaches and thats built up during the season. There should be a marked leval of improvement even during the season and there has been nothing, he has had twice as many games and not a single improvement. Saying  we should have won 10 by now is ridiculous but i would have expected wins or an improved performance even in loss but i have seen nothing and nobody has, to say otherwise is being willingly blind.

Thank God it was the kilshaw show it was mainly shown through the championship screen. Foster should have never been given the job and I think Calland has shown he shouldn't either.

Imagine being the coach of Rochdale Hornets, your from the Warrington/St Helens area, you have very little money to spend on bringing players in. 

You'd be reliant on bringing players you know in, from your old clubs and through personal relationships.

Imagine you’d managed to cobble together a squad, using these contacts. Most of these players live down the M62 but luckily that’s where you train due to an arrangement.

Then imagine you get binned off as coach, and the replacement coach brings training to Rochdale.

In that circumstance do you imagine the players you’d convinced to play for not much money would be as committed to the new coach who expects more? Will they turn up to training and hammer it then train hard on their own?

Imagine being the coach of Rochdale Hornets, your from the Warrington/St Helens area, you have very little money to spend on bringing players in. 

You'd be reliant on bringing players you know in, from your old clubs and through personal relationships.

Imagine you’d managed to cobble together a squad, using these contacts. Most of these players live down the M62 but luckily that’s where you train due to an arrangement.

Then imagine you get binned off as coach, and the replacement coach brings training to Rochdale.

Again i never said that the situation was ideal, but probably going 0-20 having had months to do something isn't good enough.

In that circumstance do you imagine the players you’d convinced to play for not much money would be as committed to the new coach who expects more? Will they turn up to training and hammer it then train hard on their own?

And here we go again with the theories, just when are you going to lay some of the blame at Callands feet?. In your eyes everyone else is to blame I'm sorry but he is the coach a position that both he and a portion of the fans have craved for a long time, well now he's got it and things are no better. Maybe we should give him another year but he hasn't earned it.

Your boring me now, your no expert that’s blatantly obvious from the naivety  but your enough of one to confidently assess every aspect of the performances to conclude there’s been absolutely no improvement individually or collectively ????

53 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Your boring me now, your no expert that’s blatantly obvious from the nativity but your enough of one to confidently assess every aspect of the performances to conclude there’s been absolutely no improvement individually or collectively

So only experts would say positive things well Calland hasn't said many positives when being interviewed so what does that make him?

On 08/08/2019 at 19:50, The Lad said:

I have been wondering why he hasn't been playing recently as he is one of our best players and now I know why, guess he didn't fit into Callands expert plans. 

Out of curiosity, how do you know your guess is correct? 

I guess you are somewhat disappointed at Matt’s appointment!

Barrow has just released Spedding after a loan approach by Featherstone.  Their coach says he doesn’t need players who do not wish to ‘wear’ the Barrow shirt. See their forum for details.    It’s the coaches call. 

Getting a full suitable calibre of players for Championship rugby mid-season, within the limited budget available was an unenviable task for any coach.  Sure, it’s galling to suffer weekly defeats and 50 points, but hope springs eternal that we can at least get closer (esp. in Toronto) over the remaining 4 games.  Hornets’ faithful are seasoned optimists!

Matt has his player list targets for League 1 with a full season to meld them into the finished team.  It will be ultra competitive and wish him well.  Judgements later.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Out of curiosity, how do you know your guess is correct? 

I don't and never said I was correct, but if he's healthy and one of our best players and he's not getting played you tell me.

I guess you are somewhat disappointed at Matt’s appointment!

No I'm disappointed in the results.

Barrow has just released Spedding after a loan approach by Featherstone.  Their coach says he doesn’t need players who do not wish to ‘wear’ the Barrow shirt. See their forum for details.    It’s the coaches call. 

Out of curiosity how do you know he didn't want to play for the Hornets shirt?

Getting a full suitable calibre of players for Championship rugby mid-season, within the limited budget available was an unenviable task for any coach.  Sure, it’s galling to suffer weekly defeats and 50 points, but hope springs eternal that we can at least get closer (esp. in Toronto) over the remaining 4 games.  Hornets’ faithful are seasoned optimists!

I understand that it is difficult but the way in which we have lost, low fitness, poor ball skills. There is more than just one reason we are like this.

Matt has his player list targets for League 1 with a full season to meld them into the finished team.  It will be ultra competitive and wish him well.  Judgements later.

He may get players in and I hope we do compete. But after 12 games incharge we can judge him.

On 10/08/2019 at 06:18, ipods4ever said:

Wayne Bennett couldn't turn that squad round its s###e wait till he has his own squad in place before you start giving a hard time 

I’m sorry but 13 players out of yesterday’s 17 was Matt’s signings... when does it not become his own squad? 

Your right 

12 hours ago, RLfan99 said:

I’m sorry but 13 players out of yesterday’s 17 was Matt’s signings... when does it not become his own squad? 

Your right what your saying but who wants to sign for a club that can't win an argument 

Your playing for losing money every week

let's see how his squad is next season 

Archived