Newcastle Thunder

Dave Naylor

It's a general feeling I have, not necessarily a rule because I haven't done the stats, but whatever the latics do the day before, the rugby do the opposite the day after. So when the latics win , the rugby lose etc. So hopefully , if my feeling is right then we should win today. Of course could be a load of b0ll0x.  ?

Get in. Absolutely superb second half performance from the whole team. Newcastle dominated the first half and scored some cracking tries and fully deserved their lead. But we kept our heads up and sneaked a try just before half time to keep in it and then were dominant in the second half.

Bridge was superb again as was Langtree in the second half with Hawkyard and McComb also providing their usual excellent performances. Wilkinson was class again.

Special mention to some of the less recognised players. Whittel had his best game all season and Johnson had some vital contributions from the wing first setting up Leeming's try and then his cracking try saver on Talaupapa. Law was much improved as well and Smith looks like he could be a quality signing if we can keep him fit.

I feared the worst as I arrived today, the first half the crowd was flat the team was flat and Newcastle deserved to be in the lead

What a turn round, and that was started by bridge, Newcastle was frightened each time he got the ball 

Excellent and with the last home game of the league season next week we should go into the playoffs in September with some more home games 

An all round great performance from the boys. Some superb direction from Hewitt and Crooks, the former not getting the recognition he rightly deserves.

I wasn't over impressed by NT in the 1st half, tho QLT did his job when the gaps opened .

I felt that at half time, only 8 pts down, and playing downhill, we could win it. Great performance from Bridge, Langers , Law, Joy and the half backs ensured we had NT on the back foot and struggling to get an impact on the game.

Sad to see that Scott still wants to go after this, bit he's done a great job considering the restraints he's had at his disposal.

I'm confident we'll win next Sunday, Rangi or no Rangi.

Up The Yeds

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stats-

Hawkyard-one tackle. 8 tackle busts. 21 carries=162m

Aaronson-2 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 8 carries=37m

McComb-11 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=133m

Leeming-18 tackles.2 misses. one tackle bust. 12 carries=82m

Johnson-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 13 carries=64m

Crook-6 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 2 carries=2m

Hewitt-6 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 2 try assists. 5 carries=22m

Joy-27 tackles. 2 misses. 11 carries=84m

Owen-22 tackles.2 misses. one clean break. 3 carries=14m

Law-36 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. 9 carries=55m

Bridge-39 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 21 carries=121m

Langtree-26 tackles. 2 misses. 4 offloads. one tackle bust. 17 carries=121m

Bent-45 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=55m

subs

Wilkinson-36 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 3 try assists. 10 carries=65m

Smith-21 tackles. 5 carries=27m

Beckett-25 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 10 carries=48m

Whittel-26 tackles. 13 carries=80m

Archived