Warrington fans again...

One of the issues (although it doesn't have to be an issue) is that when you build up a competition so much and make the stakes seem very high (which we always want), you often bring out the worst in some people. 

If we're going to big up the stakes to drum up more interest, we're going to have to deal with the idiotic sore losers too.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I did not blame all Wire fans,far from it and you are calling me a Troll which I am certainly not you muppet.And no doubt you stick up for these criminals who did this last night and criminals in general and apologise for them?

No wonder why the crime rate in this country is high when clowns like you stick up for them.

I wasn't calling you a troll, although I hope you don't put my boiler in.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

32 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Wtf sort of a thread even is this? The most info we have had so far is a known troll making unsubstantiated claims and we are already dispatching Wire fans to Siberia.

Oh, there was a reason?

I thought it was just suggesting moving Wire fans to Siberia? I was all for that anyway ?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's been a very long time since I have seen our grounds policed by actual police Wellsy, isn't it now to expensive to employ them? and quite frankly a lot of the stewards I have seen employed in some grounds don't give the apperance that they could deal with any kind of trouble.

Police at grounds is very much an issue for the police. They themselves can decide whether an event requires a police presence and in general, a club is not going to pay for that unless the police insist that their attendance is needed. 

Increasing stewarding alone isn't the answer. Most stewards are minimum-wage agency workers who are simply trying to get through the shift with as little issue as possible. They aren't going to get involved in an incident unless they really have to. 

The clubs need to be proactive in identifying who these individuals are, preventing them from attending and supporting any relevant criminal prosecutions. There's enough CCTV and ticketing data to support this process.

25 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I did not blame all Wire fans,far from it and you are calling me a Troll which I am certainly not you muppet.And no doubt you stick up for these criminals who did this last night and criminals in general and apologise for them?

No wonder why the crime rate in this country is high when clowns like you stick up for them.

He wasn't calling you a troll. He was referring to the person who made the initial claim about Warrington fan violence.

If that's how easily you go off on one, I wouldn't recommend living in a place such high punishments that you suggest!

21 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Listen pal this country is an authoritarian police state now where certain people aren’t allowed to speak out yet others can do what they want?

And it seems you believe the ?? that the MSM come out with about places like Russia.I knowpeople who have been there and say it is not like it is portrayed

I bet they weren't gay then.

49 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Wtf sort of a thread even is this? The most info we have had so far is a known troll making unsubstantiated claims and we are already dispatching Wire fans to Siberia.

Given it’s widely visible on Twitter, acknowledged by Wire fans and there’s plenty of photographic evidence of such incidents, what else would you like as proof?

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

If I had my way Warrington And indeed clubs that have these issues should be made to play a handful of consecutive fixtures behind closed doors and at secret neutral venues. Yes I accept it punishes the innocent but hopefully the majority of Warrington fans who by the way I believe are good decent people will turn on these #### and dob them into the Police via Crimestoppers.And hopefully the Courts will lock the #### up for a very long time with no parole.

I personally wish that the Police here would Deal with them very harshly and go in hard,and I mean hard with batons,tasers,rubber bullets whatever they have at their disposal to apprehend the bastards and hurt them severely.

And I bet they would not behave like this in Vladimir Putin’s Russia as they would get it from their Police and get banished to some very remote outpost.Shame we don’t do that here.

That's a bit harsh, especially from someone who's username is an incitement to commit a criminal offence......

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Well photos have been posted, but the one I have seen do not really identify when the coach was attacked or why. Who are wherever happened could have been done whilst parked up for instance.  The operator ought to clarify to ensure veracity.

Social media comments are totally unreliable.  However if true it's surely not good news for Warrington club and fans.  Equally if these reports are untrue, well the same shoe fits the same Saint Helens foot.

24 minutes ago, Essai Machine said:

Crikey , looks like we'll need independent observers from Amnesty International or the Red Cross to monitor all games in future !

End the violence ! Ban the Bomb !  etc

Bring back Angela Powers to mediate!  

37 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well photos have been posted, but the one I have seen do not really identify when the coach was attacked or why. Who are wherever happened could have been done whilst parked up for instance.  The operator ought to clarify to ensure veracity.

Social media comments are totally unreliable.  However if true it's surely not good news for Warrington club and fans.  Equally if these reports are untrue, well the same shoe fits the same Saint Helens foot.

The coach company posted on facebook last night :- 

Saints Away Coaches - Town Centre

'Coach bricked at Warrington.....on their f....ng toes when the lads got off. F.....ng cowards'.

1 hour ago, hogman said:

The coach company posted on facebook last night :- 

Saints Away Coaches - Town Centre

'Coach bricked at Warrington.....on their f....ng toes when the lads got off. F.....ng cowards'.

The coach company said the f-word?  Is that right?

But assuming true, and why not, then there should be a sanction on somebody.

I see a possible punishment that would also help rugby league .

how about very large fines for this behaviour imposed upon the club . in this way you punish the club and also if the fines are big enough you dig the RFL out of a hole with there losses last season .

none of that half the fine suspended stuff just say a swift £75k fine to be paid within 10 days .

a simple solution as your not deducting points so not hurting genuine fans and you are encouraging clubs to sort out the unruly element 

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I have avoided adding to this because I don't like to see clubs' being singled out for crticism because some of their fans are idiots, because we all have a few idiots. I can only go off my own experience and for years I have been listening to how bad Warrington fans are but never had  problems until Salford went there recently. There were a few people throwing bricks at Salford fans, including families and children, as they made their way from the ground to the train station. They may not even have been Warrington fans because  they came out of a local pub. Not visiting this thread again now. Said my piece.

2 minutes ago, Celtic Roosters said:

I have avoided adding to this because I don't like to see clubs' being singled out for crticism because some of their fans are idiots, because we all have a few idiots. I can only go off my own experience and for years I have been listening to how bad Warrington fans are but never had  problems until Salford went there recently. There were a few people throwing bricks at Salford fans, including families and children, as they made their way from the ground to the train station. They may not even have been Warrington fans because  they came out of a local pub. Not visiting this thread again now. Said my piece.

Is Warrington twinned with Dodge City?

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived