CC final attendance

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Challenge Cup Final had early bird discounted tickets 

why should hull fc fans get favouritism like that?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DiH68 said:

At Bluesfest in Australia, if you buy tickets for next year’s event while at this year’s event, or I think for the first couple of weeks after this year’s event, then you get next year’s at a vastly reduced cost. It definitely works if the saving is worth it. The price then goes up incrementally as the year progresses - if you leave it to the last minute you pay maximum price 

As I said earlier for the first 2-3 months after the final have tickets around £25-30 and you can pick any seat you like including club Wembley. Have a campaign running on all social media counting down the days until the deal is over, Then sell as normal with strictly implemented ticket prices. Reward the early buyer and get a good number in before the semis. Announce various things at set times like pre-match entertainment to drive sales during known low times (even though its clear pre-match entertainment is dead cup final wise) 

On 11/08/2019 at 12:57, paul hicks said:

so the same excuses as always . mind you it did not stop the 2015 final getting 80,000 there did it. or indeed the 76,000 in 2016

Both had 15k automatically added on for club Wembley. Searches on youtube clearly show that 2007 was easily the best attended yet officially it was not. 

On 09/08/2019 at 23:10, kev p said:

So I’m not a million miles out, 2 lower tiers 50,000 or 50,835 to be exact! But total sold close to what said

Shows how they lied last year too if the lower tier and CW =50,835

50,673 was last years attendance meaning only 162 empty seats (not including the upper tier what was closed) in reality last year was mid 40s 

I did go to last seasons final and 50,000 looked about right.  When you have a stadium with a capacity of 90k with 50k in it - there does appear to be loads of space especially with all seater stadium.  it was a good day out and an historic result.  One thing that struck me on the day was that this must be a record number of French RL fans for a game in the UK.

Of course, this being RL the glass is always half empty or should that be the stadium is always half empty and the whole game focused on the lower than average crowd rather than the positives.

3 hours ago, Raumati Rugby said:

73k when London played Leeds, so if 2 of the bigger teams can't pass that, then it's time to move it up north IMHO, as there are too many other things going on during the season now and fleecing the same fans with no attempt to attract new ones will simply shrink the attendances. Catalan, Toronto soon, Magic weekend, Grand Final, CC Final......you could drop 4k attending that lot and let's face it, times are hard

And You're not doing your finest to put off new fans ?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

6 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Whilst the CC Final was indeed the annual highlight, and Rugby Leagues own spotlight more people were willing to turn out in numbers for many different events and competitions than now...and many within a short time span. 

1990/91 season for example after the County cups at the start of the season  over 250,000 people watched the 13 game Ashes tour in the first part of the season (October/November) inc games at Wembley, Old Trafford and Elland Road.

Later in the season 30,000 watched the Wigan v Widnes league game on 9th April, 75,000 watched the CC final (Wembley again) on the 27th April and  42,000 watched the Premiership Final on 12th May (Old Trafford again).  In between you had the Regal Trophy competition and numerous league games with healthy five figure attendances and of the course the prior Challenge Cup and Premiership rounds with various healthy crowds.

Slightly more than 3 (spread out)  "events"...

Makes you wonder why we needed "Super League".

I think you need to go back to your Rothmans 1991 edition to see league crowds were a fraction of what they are today. Even in the year you state, it is 3000 less that it is in 2019. Also, you may have been enjoying all these cups but the RFL were getting close to 0 in TV income from it all.

Divide that between 14 clubs and, guess what, you have teams with part time players with massive debts.

40% discount codes/tickets being offered through my work today to all employees.  I think on balance it’s not a bad thing as it’s less public than a groupon and it will be a largely untapped market being southern based. Wish we didn’t have to tho!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

14 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

2007 before kick off 

Screenshot_20190812_212715_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_20190812_212649_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_20190812_212653_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_20190812_212708_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

2007 the first year at Wembley? The year before the financial crisis when the economy was booming?

Lots going to be there at the first Wembley final for a long time and had the money to do so.

Also lots of empty seats.. policy of selling every other row?

I think we can get back to this but the approach should be better.

Can't expect fans to just turn up like they used to.

I like the nfl approach of a ST.

If England actually played in London each year you could package a London game, CC final together and maybe even GF and Magic as a supreme package.

You can only raise prices if you sell out

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

40% discount codes/tickets being offered through my work today to all employees.  I think on balance it’s not a bad thing as it’s less public than a groupon and it will be a largely untapped market being southern based. Wish we didn’t have to tho!

I went to Alton towers and everyone in the queue to get in had empty packets, cut out pizza boxes and plastic bottle washes in their hands. I booked on line and got 40% off and they did parent and toddler offers for practically free! 

I would be amazed if anyone actually paid the price on the ticket.

It's a marketing tactic which works well as a buy one get one free actually gets more people going and everyone thinks they have a bargain!

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

2007 the first year at Wembley? The year before the financial crisis when the economy was booming?

Lots going to be there at the first Wembley final for a long time and had the money to do so.

If England actually played in London each year you could package a London game, CC final together and maybe even GF and Magic as a supreme package.

The official attendance for that 2007 final was just over 84K despite Catalans bringing next to no support with them. I'd say that was a pretty good effort for filling Wembley. Incidentally that attendance was 2K higher than 2008 when Hull replaced Catalans as the other finalists.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I went to Alton towers and everyone in the queue to get in had empty packets, cut out pizza boxes and plastic bottle washes in their hands. I booked on line and got 40% off and they did parent and toddler offers for practically free! 

I would be amazed if anyone actually paid the price on the ticket.

It's a marketing tactic which works well as a buy one get one free actually gets more people going and everyone thinks they have a bargain!

50% off my Wembley ticket this year as I bought it from Leigh RL. I bought them almost 2 weeks ago. The graphic for the seats looks pretty much the same as it did when I bought them so I think me and my friends might have plenty of room in our block. Not to sure if Leigh advertised these or not. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The official attendance for that 2007 final was just over 84K despite Catalans bringing next to no support with them. I'd say that was a pretty good effort for filling Wembley. Incidentally that attendance was 2K higher than 2008 when Hull replaced Catalans as the other finalists.

How many Wigan fans bought tickets as they thought they would win the semi... I know a few and they still went.

Good attendance.. could have been a sell out. 

Was 2007 pre magic as well?

4 of us have been to the last 10 or so finals but decided to give this year's a miss.  I generally drag the others along.

IMHO it's the biggest foregone conclusion of any recent Wembley Final.  The Leeds v Hull KR was bad enough but at least that was a surprise.

Don't know if any other neutrals feel the same?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

You get 40% discount for a group booking of 15 or more, it's possible that this is where this has come from 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

3 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

4 of us have been to the last 10 or so finals but decided to give this year's a miss.  I generally drag the others along.

IMHO it's the biggest foregone conclusion of any recent Wembley Final.  The Leeds v Hull KR was bad enough but at least that was a surprise.

Don't know if any other neutrals feel the same?

I still feel Saints have a chance

5 hours ago, yipyee said:

How many Wigan fans bought tickets as they thought they would win the semi... I know a few and they still went.

Good attendance.. could have been a sell out. 

Was 2007 pre magic as well?

We ( Leigh fans ) went down on a Wigan based trip in 2007 , a fair few Wiganers had tickets , went down to London on the trip but didn't attend Wembley 

50 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We ( Leigh fans ) went down on a Wigan based trip in 2007 , a fair few Wiganers had tickets , went down to London on the trip but didn't attend Wembley 

I wonder if you were included in the attendance figure?

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

I think the 'first year at Wembley' effect was definitely significant. So many people were keen to get there shortly after it opened, they even got 30,000+ for an FA Vase Final that year.

On 09/08/2019 at 14:17, EssexRL said:

True but there is zilch, zero, no advertising about it in London. So don’t expect many Londoners there except the few of us who follow the game. 

On a recent BBC RL podcast, Ralph Rimmer reckoned 15/20% of tickets would be sold to people who live within an hour of Wembley (however that may be defined - e.g. an hour's drive north from Wembley is quite far, but not many people would be driving right up to Wembley)

1 hour ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

On a recent BBC RL podcast, Ralph Rimmer reckoned 15/20% of tickets would be sold to people who live within an hour of Wembley (however that may be defined - e.g. an hour's drive north from Wembley is quite far, but not many people would be driving right up to Wembley)

Well we've got 18 going, 8 of whom live in London so we've beat his figure

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Yes but that’s people like me and friends who are existing converts. 

Archived