NFL / NCAA 2019

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'll be hoping for the big winners to come from the same state. I did say hoping! ? 

cleveland_browns_stadium_arial_550.jpg

Horseshoe photo aerial (Plain Dealer).jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily put the house on either of those ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'll be hoping for the big winners to come from the same state. I did say hoping! ? 

cleveland_browns_stadium_arial_550.jpg

Horseshoe photo aerial (Plain Dealer).jpg

As this is a rugby league forum, allow me say, "Look at all those empty seats! What were the crowds? Pathetic! I blame the RFL!"

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

16 hours ago, TheConductor said:

No College Football fans support NFL teams and vice versa ?

I'm sure casual fans overlap but given that the biggest college teams are in places without an NFL one (or Los Angeles) there seems to be much less then you'd suppose.

Bears, for mine, in the NFL, and Nebraska and "anyone but Notre Dame and Bama" in college.

And Saskatchewan in the CFL. Obviously.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I’ve liked the Washington Redskins since 1983 and too a much lesser degree I want the Tennessee Volunteers to do well in the college game.

Not looked in too much detail at this year’s runners and riders, but I do like the fairly unpredictable nature of the pro game.

Could it be the year for all the glory-hunting Cleveland Browns dawgpound types on here!

10 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Ah yes, ‘the Drive’ and John Elway.

Think most neutral fans too were supporting Bernie and the Browns that day.

Legendary playoff game, but that’s of no consolation I imagine!

And then there was "The Fumble" in '87 ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Predictions in the notoriously hard to predict NFL (from first to last) - here’s mine:

(# Denotes playoff seeding)

AFC East:

New England Patriots(2); New York Jets; Miami Dolphins; Buffalo Bills 

AFC West:

Kansas City Chiefs(1); Los Angeles Chargers(5); Denver Broncos; Oakland Raiders 

AFC North:

Cleveland Browns(3); Pittsburgh Steelers; Baltimore Ravens; Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South:

Indianapolis Colts(4); Tennessee Titans(6); Jacksonville Jaguars; Houston Texans 

Playoffs

Wildcard:

Browns to beat Titans; Chargers to win at Colts

Divisional: 

Chiefs to beat Chargers; Patriots to beat Browns

AFC Championship:

Chiefs to beat Patriots

NFC East:

Philadelphia Eagles(3); Dallas Cowboys(6); New York Giants; Washington Redskins

NFC West:

Los Angeles Rams(4); Seattle Seahawks(5); San Francisco 49ers; Arizona Cardinals

NFC North:

Chicago Bears(1); Minnesota Vikings; Detroit Lions; Green Bay Packers

NFC South: 

New Orleans Saints(2); Atlanta Falcons; Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Playoffs

Wildcard:

Eagles to beat Cowboys; Seahawks to win at Rams

Divisional:

Seahawks to win at Bears; Saints to beat Eagles

NFC Championship:

Saints to beat Seahawks 

SUPER BOWL: Kansas City Chiefs to beat New Orleans Saints

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Predictions in the notoriously hard to predict NFL (from first to last) - here’s mine:

(# Denotes playoff seeding)

AFC East:

New England Patriots(2); New York Jets; Miami Dolphins; Buffalo Bills 

AFC West:

Kansas City Chiefs(1); Los Angeles Chargers(5); Denver Broncos; Oakland Raiders 

AFC North:

Cleveland Browns(3); Pittsburgh Steelers; Baltimore Ravens; Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South:

Indianapolis Colts(4); Tennessee Titans(6); Jacksonville Jaguars; Houston Texans 

Playoffs

Wildcard:

Browns to beat Titans; Chargers to win at Colts

Divisional: 

Chiefs to beat Chargers; Patriots to beat Browns

AFC Championship:

Chiefs to beat Patriots

NFC East:

Philadelphia Eagles(3); Dallas Cowboys(6); New York Giants; Washington Redskins

NFC West:

Los Angeles Rams(4); Seattle Seahawks(5); San Francisco 49ers; Arizona Cardinals

NFC North:

Chicago Bears(1); Minnesota Vikings; Detroit Lions; Green Bay Packers

NFC South: 

New Orleans Saints(2); Atlanta Falcons; Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Playoffs

Wildcard:

Eagles to beat Cowboys; Seahawks to win at Rams

Divisional:

Seahawks to win at Bears; Saints to beat Eagles

NFC Championship:

Saints to beat Seahawks 

SUPER BOWL: Kansas City Chiefs to beat New Orleans Saints

I didn't read any of that so I'll just assume that you wrote "Difficult to predict the NFL but, somehow, the Patriots will win because that's what they do."

There were signs last year that the Patriots weren't quite the team they used to be and Brady is another year older. The championship they won last season seemed like that one last title a dominant team manages to dig out in it's dying days. I thought last season that the Chiefs would win it all and i'll say the same thing again. As a 49ers fan I hope that Jimmy G stays healthy as our season finished when he suffered a season ending injury.

8 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Took me ages too ?

Sorry, was a bit unfair of me.

It looks like a perfectly sound set of predictions to me. But, like you say, the NFL never seems to go exactly per predictions at all.

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Bears as number 1 seed? Woof thats a prediction! Vikings will win that division and the Eagles, Saints and maybe Falcons will have more wins. 

No chance of the Vikings winning the NFC North I’m afraid.

Their offensive line is still a weakness and it’s all won and lost in the trenches if you ask me!

The Bears just need to get a bit of a tune going from the QB Mitch Trubisky and the defence will take them the rest of the way.

5 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

No chance of the Vikings winning the NFC North I’m afraid.

Their offensive line is still a weakness and it’s all won and lost in the trenches if you ask me!

The Bears just need to get a bit of a tune going from the QB Mitch Trubisky and the defence will take them the rest of the way.

We shall see. Shame on the Packers for wasting Rodgers

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Miami at Florida on the 24th ... should anyone want some absolutely mental college football before the NFL season begins ...

Tickets on stubhub start at $180 so I'll assume there's a fair bit of interest in the game.

Patriots, Jets, Bills, Fin - Bills will be ok. Miami will be awful 

Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders - Easy pick really.

Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Bengals - Browns will be next year. Steelers will be ok, lost a lot of games on kicks last year

Colts, Texans, Jags, Titans - If Luck is not fit then... Mariota is garbage

Wild cards - Chargers & Browns/Ravens

Eagles, Cows, Giants, Redskins - Redskins are truly awful. Giants not much better. Don't like Zak

Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions - Could go either way. Very close as always

Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs - Brees is gone, but i can't see Cam lasting a season. Falcons could actually win this.

Rams, Hawks, 9ers, Cards - Cards could do well early. Jimmy G yet to do it

Wild cards - Based on the above, Falcons & Hawks but it could be anyone here. 

Championship games

Colts v Chiefs

Rams v Eagles

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Archived