NFL / NCAA 2019

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

BROWNS WIN! ? 

However it was against the Jets so I'm not quite sure if it counts. 

BROWNS WIN! ? 

It wasn’t the best game. Cleveland sort their OLine they could be decent. Massive game v Baltimore soon I think.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

'phins got absolutely paddled by NEP, not sure how good NE are relatively speaking atm but they looked pretty slick, though given Miami's their offence was gutless and their defence pretty damn awful it's actually hard to say.

8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Should you have a spare - I don't know, week? - you could look at what's publicly available about sexual assaults and cover ups in college football. It's not quite murder that campus police and athletics departments are letting guys getting away with on a regular basis but it's close.

In other news, because I am a vile person, the three on my 50p acca this week are Central Florida, Florida and Georgia. I'll make about 20p when those beauties come home.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

What would happen if the top NFL team played an NCAA All Stars side?

There would be a lot of injuries to the college players and the NFL would win very easily.

The closest game would only be if you had a college team that won the title based virtually exclusively on defence versus an NFL team bad by 0-16 standards. So the Bama team of a few years ago versus, say, Cleveland of last season but one? And even then Cleveland would win.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

There would be a lot of injuries to the college players and the NFL would win very easily.

The closest game would only be if you had a college team that won the title based virtually exclusively on defence versus an NFL team bad by 0-16 standards. So the Bama team of a few years ago versus, say, Cleveland of last season but one? And even then Cleveland would win.

I wondered if that might be the case. Players still young and developing.

I didn't know the Crimson Tide were also called Bama as well. I'm an Auburn fan.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

8 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Chicago have the best defence in the NFL IMO but going by today their offense will need to be better if they are to go far in the playoffs. In todays NFL having a great defence when you have an average offence doesn't get you as far as it once could have done.

I think what tends to hold true is that a great defence is more important in the playoffs when the weather can be more of a factor and offensive playcalling can get more conservative.

On 16/09/2019 at 10:14, Wolford6 said:

Kansas: This is going to be "our" year. Superbowl bound.

Arizona: Started off rubbish but will come good.

Minnesota, Tampa: Started off average but will come good.

Detroit, Cleveland: Their fans deserve a good season. Hope they get one.

All these predictions are coming true.

How come I'm doing rubbish on Superbru?

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Bengals defence, well mainly the linebackers showing us why they are 0-7, absolutely woeful. Dalton doing okay but they need to come away with a TD this possession to bolster their chances. Rams have lost Cooks which is a significant threat removed.

Aaaand as we speak Bengals are in through a nice pass play to the RB Mixon and it's 10-10, could be a surprise win on the cards!

And a nice guest appearance by Bengals legend QB Ken Anderson.

LA Rams come right back from a flea flicker and an unfortunate slip by the CB on the awful Wembley turf - nah not enough cleat in dem slippers son? leaves Kupp alone on the touchline for a 60+ yard TD 17-10 Rams.

Alabama v LSU next Saturday. Then it will probably be a rematch in the playoff semi or final. 

Wish I could be there in Tuscaloosa but instead I ll be in Birmingham for the Fulham game.

LSU beat Alabama 45-41 in Tuscaloosa.

I watched the first half which was pretty much everything that's good about college football. Sounds like the second half, in particular the final quarter, was pretty wild.

No idea what it means for the playoffs. I'd still back the committee to find a way of getting Bama in. They'll be eyeing a rematch in the final if nothing else.

Archived