NFL / NCAA 2019

7 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

1-7 Falcons beat 7-1 NO Saints and pretty convincingly, Jets beating Giants, Browns beating the Bills, Titans beating the Chiefs, the bookies will be coining it in this weekend!

It's like they don't even care about my predictions.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Browns win... ?

...but I suspect there might be some repercussions. ?

Myles Garrett will be getting some time off work

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

On 13/08/2019 at 20:06, Gerrumonside ref said:

Predictions in the notoriously hard to predict NFL (from first to last) - here’s mine:

(# Denotes playoff seeding)

AFC East:

New England Patriots(2); New York Jets; Miami Dolphins; Buffalo Bills 

AFC West:

Kansas City Chiefs(1); Los Angeles Chargers(5); Denver Broncos; Oakland Raiders 

AFC North:

Cleveland Browns(3); Pittsburgh Steelers; Baltimore Ravens; Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South:

Indianapolis Colts(4); Tennessee Titans(6); Jacksonville Jaguars; Houston Texans 

Playoffs

Wildcard:

Browns to beat Titans; Chargers to win at Colts

Divisional: 

Chiefs to beat Chargers; Patriots to beat Browns

AFC Championship:

Chiefs to beat Patriots

NFC East:

Philadelphia Eagles(3); Dallas Cowboys(6); New York Giants; Washington Redskins

NFC West:

Los Angeles Rams(4); Seattle Seahawks(5); San Francisco 49ers; Arizona Cardinals

NFC North:

Chicago Bears(1); Minnesota Vikings; Detroit Lions; Green Bay Packers

NFC South: 

New Orleans Saints(2); Atlanta Falcons; Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Playoffs

Wildcard:

Eagles to beat Cowboys; Seahawks to win at Rams

Divisional:

Seahawks to win at Bears; Saints to beat Eagles

NFC Championship:

Saints to beat Seahawks 

SUPER BOWL: Kansas City Chiefs to beat New Orleans Saints

Oh dear, most of these predictions are way out ?

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaand ... Bama are out of the 'conversation' for the top four. Losing a tight defensive game against Auburn 48-45 with, because history repeats, a field goal that would have tied it going awry.

So the top four, for now, is LSU, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State ... my bet, and I think most commentators, is that whoever loses in the LSU-Georgia game next week could be bumped and if Clemson lose to Wisconsin they will definitely go too ...

The corruption of it all is magnificent.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 1 month later...

Just watching on TV the selection of the 100 greatest NFL players on a position by position basis with extra picks for the more skilled positions.

This particular episode was on the twelve all time best running backs (in no particular order below) as selected by a panel including Bill Bellichek:

Jim Brown

Emmitt Smith

Eric Dickerson

Barry Sanders

OJ Simpson

Gayle Sayers

Dutch Clark

Steve Van Buren

Lenny Moore

Walter Payton

Marion Motley

Earl Campbell

Must admit that Dutch Clark (1930s Lions), Steve Van Buren (1940s Eagles), Lenny Moore (1950s Colts) and Marion Motley (1940s/50s Browns) are not names I was readily familiar with from the list chosen.

The others up there are legends I feel lucky to have seen as their careers unfolded  (even if just via a grainy TV image usually on Channel 4), in particular Dickerson, Sanders and Smith.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:35, Liverpool Rover said:

The Raiders are now officially the Las Vegas Raiders. I get the feeling that they will regret this.

Hopefully.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

On 23/01/2020 at 14:35, Liverpool Rover said:

The Raiders are now officially the Las Vegas Raiders. I get the feeling that they will regret this.

The players will enjoy themselves. Some might even do it legally.

On 01/02/2020 at 06:50, MattSantos said:

How good a Superbowl do we have in store! Best team versus best QB. Would like Reid to win one.. 

Yep, hoping for a really good one and will be supporting the Chiefs as it’s a long time since they won one.

The bookies can’t seem to split them.

Its an intriguing battle between a great pass rush from the 49ers and a mobile, accurate and tough QB from the Chiefs.

This being the NFL though it wouldn’t surprise me if another couple of factors come to the fore that are getting less attention in the build up.

My prediction:

Kansas City Chiefs 20-14 San Francisco 49ers

Can they not just sing the bloody song properly for once? It’s a rubbish anthem but still better than GSTQ  

No idea who I want to win. Tempted to go SF but not sure why. 

The big choice is BBC or Sky. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

48 minutes ago, ckn said:

Can they not just sing the bloody song properly for once? It’s a rubbish anthem but still better than GSTQ  

No idea who I want to win. Tempted to go SF but not sure why. 

The big choice is BBC or Sky. 

Gone for Sky.

Probably want the Chiefs to win due to their long wait for a championship.

Cracking game so far. Settled on 49ers as my team I want to win.

Half-time show has to be the most dire for a very long time. Not even pretending to sing live. And what’s with the guy looking like a less talented Ali G coming on for a few words in rubbishy stuff that’d be laughed at in any rap event.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

And now they’re into a Riverdance knock-off.

$deity wept, this is awful. They could have saved millions and improved the quality by filming my drunk uncle at New Years gone past sitting in the corner crooning away to unrecognisable old rubbish. A bit like this:

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I find the problem with these quick medleys is that for every song I recognise, there’s then another three I really don’t.

Fair play though to the random guy who managed to get on stage with a microphone although he couldn’t really carry a tune to save his life! 

Shed Seven next year please!

The granny and the belly-dancer looked like the organisers realised the Treasurer ran away with the money and they had to scrape around for anyone who’d do it for a bit of publicity, a free meal and their taxi paid home after the event.

Archived