NFL / NCAA 2019

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Can’t see the Chiefs recovering from this

Still only two scores, seen bigger comebacks.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a cracking game. 4th quarter and 49ers first punt of the game. Very evenly matched offences and defences on both sides meaning no big mismatches when either side has the game, and neither is it dominated by offence or defence.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Oh and anyone criticising Super League refs on their own with two TJs having to make calls on the fly, all on effectively rubbish salaries, should see how rubbish these Super Bowl calls are from the refs. There’s almost more refs on the field than players and they’re still making idiot calls.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Cracking game so far. Settled on 49ers as my team I want to win.

Half-time show has to be the most dire for a very long time. Not even pretending to sing live. And what’s with the guy looking like a less talented Ali G coming on for a few words in rubbishy stuff that’d be laughed at in any rap event.

Ali G is trending on Twitter. Glad I’m not the only one who spotted it...

8 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, but the 49ers D Line seem in control at the moment.

They've got Mahomes unsettled in the pocket with everyone else waiting in coverage.

Seems an ideal situation for the Niners.

? I won’t be asking you for tips in future...

I wonder if Super League refs are watching this with their families going “SEE, THIS LOT ARE WORSE THAN ME AND THEY GET PAID TEN TIMES WHAT I DO!”

He was in touch... 

In fact, no, billhooks, that was rubbish. That was in touch. His foot was touching something in touch before the ball got near the line. FFS... A bloody cracking game with some big calls going against 49ers. Nothing deliberate by the refs by any means, just FFS levels of “come on”.

35 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, but the 49ers D Line seem in control at the moment.

They've got Mahomes unsettled in the pocket with everyone else waiting in coverage.

Seems an ideal situation for the Niners.

You are Mike Stephenson and I claim my £5.

As an aside, those kick-offs. Surely they need a rule change so that if it goes dead then it’s brought back to the kick point.

I really like how the commentators don’t carry on excessively about the suspect touchdown.

In RL-land ... oh my god they’d carry on about it for the rest of the game, some would say the match has been ruined over and over again..

On another matter, the way they give the trophy to the owners is appalling.

4 hours ago, ckn said:

As an aside, those kick-offs. Surely they need a rule change so that if it goes dead then it’s brought back to the kick point.

If anything they will change the rule so there's no kick off and it's returned from the (say) 25 regardless.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, ckn said:

In fact, no, billhooks, that was rubbish. That was in touch. His foot was touching something in touch before the ball got near the line. FFS... A bloody cracking game with some big calls going against 49ers. Nothing deliberate by the refs by any means, just FFS levels of “come on”.

You should watch college football. The only people on the pitch being paid are the refs and, frankly, there are times I know the rules better than them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1st super bowl i have watched all the way through in 25 years. Fantastic game . PatM II  touchdown was a rugby see you later dummy and go brilliant .

"Eh Up, potty mouth. I know life hasn't been kind to you, but there's no need to parade your resentful jealousy on here." JohnM 16th April 2020

On 04/02/2020 at 13:23, gingerjon said:

IT'S TIME FOR THE XFL

It is indeed and it’s being shown live on ABC/ESPN and Fox in America and BT Sport over here.

Take your pick from:

DC Defenders

Seattle Dragons

Los Angeles Wildcats

Houston Roughnecks

Tampa Bay Vipers

New York Guardians

Dallas Renegades

St Louis Battlehawks

A few rule changes from the NFL https://www.xfl.com/en-US/rules

Archived