Knights v Fev

Fenton Knight

If I went through my posting history I think I keep saying ‘that’s the best win of the season.’

Well I can safely today is the best win of the season. Very similar to the Bulls game in that York never dominated but took their chances. That back line should not be changed anytime soon. I’ve long thought a Porter needs more consistency, he’s had some big games (Catalans, Featherstone bash), a good performance today and I hope he builds on that.

Looked a good crowd. A lot of the Fev fans nearby morning about the ref, saying Fev never knocked on over the line and questioning why Chisholm was binned but a York player wasn’t in the 2nd half - difference being Chisholm’s was a blatant professional foul, I think he was last man back too.

But I hope today is all about how entertaining the game was and doesn’t descend into criticism of the officials. 

Leigh next followed by Halifax, playoffs secured although I can’t see the Knights easing off.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Fev tries chalked off. Chisholm binned for holding down, but when Cooper was held down second half in similar circumstances, nothing.  I think York can say they definitely had the rub of the green today.  Plus £2 for a .50p bottle of water and you don't get to keep the top, disgusting!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Three Fev tries chalked off. Chisholm binned for holding down, but when Cooper was held down second half in similar circumstances, nothing.  I think York can say they definitely had the rub of the green today.  Plus £2 for a .50p bottle of water and you don't get to keep the top, disgusting!

20 pounds to get in at Fev disgusting!! 

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Then I hope you didn't need to use the toilet facilities 

Congrats york play offs clinched. 3 teams now batte it out for that last spot can't see past fev getting it in two weeks time but crazier stuff have happen.

leigh in two weeks has jocking for a second chance game or straight knock out games carry on.

26 minutes ago, paul said:

First 30 minutes there was only going to be one winner,but the sin binning of Chisholm turned the game on it's head and scoring the 2 trys before halftime lifted the whole ground.Second half we were the much better team and deserved to win the game,thought both wingers were outstanding and took the ball up on countless times making yards on numerous occasions.Great to see so many Fev fans at the game which made it a great atmosphere,still think there are the best team we have played this season would be nice to play them at BC in the playoffs.

Agree with everything except, based on last week, even though we were a bit off it Toronto played the best rugby I've seen in the championship, it was super dooper league stuff.

7 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

Agree with everything except, based on last week, even though we were a bit off it Toronto played the best rugby I've seen in the championship, it was super dooper league stuff.

OK here's the deal. We go up this year, Kneets win CH in 2020 and join us in 2021. We both meet in SL GF. job done!

22 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Shurrup moaning. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

39 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Was it gripe water you bought?.

15 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Crowd given as 3,115. Well done to all who attended. You were treated to a cracking match.

Great attendance that now with play offs clinched on sky again minimum one more time. Good signs for the new ground is that the 3rd time you've hit over 3k this season?

1 hour ago, Peter G. said:

Went to the Toronto game and missed today's - might have got that one wrong! Wolfpack displayed some great handling and ran in some superb tries. They were good  but we made  them look amazing, I've never ever seen us miss so many tackles and give any opposition so much space. There's a conversation somewhere else about jet lag and even playing fields, I was cream crackered for a couple of days after the flight, would  not have fancied turning out for a high profile sporting contest. I had a  horrible feeling when Fev went over in  the first  minute we still hadn't got off bus (plane?) - couldn't be more delighted to be proved wrong.

Listening to a few Fev fans near us, obviously the ref was to blame. Chisholm was laid on the York player so long he could have had a kip. He can do no wrong in their fans eyes, but today he cost them the game. Also a word for their physio who managed to get in the way and give York an extra set of 6. Considering how long he spent on the pitch, it's amazing he didn't get hit more often.

For all that, a great game, and advert for the Championship.

Resilience, heart, desire got us home today.

Turning point was Chizzy's sinbinning but he had to go and he was playing the percentages as he knew the Knights would score if he allowed the PTB. and his jump out of the line for an interception paved the way for Joe Porter to go in.

The signs were all there with 20 to go as Fev players were looking for a team mate to do the work for them.

Though Brad Day was immense for Rovers and McCelland was very unlucky to have his second try ruled out.

Big minutes for us from Horney - the guy is absolutely inspirational as is Spearsie - or as a team mate said after the game 'He's f***in crackers playing eighty minutes in that, but  amazing too'.

Thought Den Whiteley and Oaksey were superb both in and out of defence.

Had to wait till I came off air today to let out my massive 'Yeeesssss!'

27 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Resilience, heart, desire got us home today.

Turning point was Chizzy's sinbinning but he had to go and he was playing the percentages as he knew the Knights would score if he allowed the PTB. and his jump out of the line for an interception paved the way for Joe Porter to go in.

The signs were all there with 20 to go as Fev players were looking for a team mate to do the work for them.

Though Brad Day was immense for Rovers and McCelland was very unlucky to have his second try ruled out.

Big minutes for us from Horney - the guy is absolutely inspirational as is Spearsie - or as a team mate said after the game 'He's f***in crackers playing eighty minutes in that, but  amazing too'.

Thought Den Whiteley and Oaksey were superb both in and out of defence.

Had to wait till I came off air today to let out my massive 'Yeeesssss!'

The ref got you home today pal.  Chisholm was binned for laying on, why wasn't the York player who did exactly the same in almost the exact same position on Cooper binned?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The ref got you home today pal.  Chisholm was binned for laying on, why wasn't the York player who did exactly the same in almost the exact same position on Cooper binned?

Bolloxx. Chisholm was last man and laid on forever.  Chisholm cost you the game today. York's attitude and teamwork got us home today, but you can't accept that, so blame the ref. You must be sweating on even getting to the play offs now.

Just now, HaxbyKnight said:

Bolloxx. Chisholm was last man and laid on forever.  Chisholm cost you the game today. York's attitude and teamwork got us home today, but you can't accept that, so blame the ref. You must be sweating on even getting to the play offs now.

In which case why did the ref penalise York for laying on?  Why did he chalk off at least one perfectly good try?  I'm surprised he didn't put on a black and yellow shirt.

Clement Attlee.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

In which case why did the ref penalise York for laying on?  Why did he chalk off at least one perfectly good try?  I'm surprised he didn't put on a black and yellow shirt.

A team of part time players are too good for a team made up of super league D/R and loan players. It was a great game, the best team won. Get over it.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Black & Amber. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived