Derwent park

TOWNSTRIP13

Well done to all the volunteers who put a lot of time in to sort the pitch out today, apologise for my previous comment

16 hours ago, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

Is  a    disgrace for professional club, It's like a bomb site in Syria 

Old speedway track needs tidying up but the rest of the ground is fine, it's certainly not a disgrace. ?

On 11/08/2019 at 20:26, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

Is  a    disgrace for professional club, It's like a bomb site in Syria 

Tell you what marra why dont I pick you up and you can come down next time the club ask for volunteers to help like myself and a few others did recently plus my 79 year old dad who helped bust the seats down, people like you make my blood boil ?

Good open game yesterday with some nice tries . Thought Jamie was head and shoulders man of the match , was involved in everything .Great kicking by Carl kicking 11/11 in that wind too .West Wales made it an entertaining game , and their No 7 Tyler Hunt was a real handful and had a great step .Lots of people on the general RL forum knock West Wales efforts pointing to the big scores against in their matches , but i salute their grit for hanging on in there and in a few years you never know how they might have progressed .With a fortnight off and maybe a clean bill of health , see no reason why we can`t beat Hunslet and Donny and shake  it up in the Play Offs .

I’m not surprised that Chris is concentrating on defence yet again in his interview . He’ll be thinking we shouldn’t really be shipping 22 to a side who average 10 a game, and barely 8 when you take their solitary win away . Specifically again he mentions our goal line and marker defence . In some ways it’s a microcosm of our season , scoring points yet shipping points . Yes we can make a mark in a play off fixture with our full personnel but those defensive frailties and ironing them out will be the  key . 

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Good open game yesterday with some nice tries . Thought Jamie was head and shoulders man of the match , was involved in everything .Great kicking by Carl kicking 11/11 in that wind too .West Wales made it an entertaining game , and their No 7 Tyler Hunt was a real handful and had a great step .Lots of people on the general RL forum knock West Wales efforts pointing to the big scores against in their matches , but i salute their grit for hanging on in there and in a few years you never know how they might have progressed .With a fortnight off and maybe a clean bill of health , see no reason why we can`t beat Hunslet and Donny and shake  it up in the Play Offs .

Ye  I agree Jamie had his finger prints on most things good in that game definitely my mom, but I suppose highlight of the match had to be laddo thinking he could dust Caine off, peeled him a pearler probably thought won’t try that again ?

I thought Penky had his best game for a while, when he's on the front foot the whole team respond .   Jamie is an handful and so elusive  , Carl is as good as any kicker in the game , I could say positives about all the team from yesterdays game , But one stands out week in week out  Danny Tickle  . Ex Super league player who hasn't just come for a easy life . who doesn't think he his better than any of his team mates .who needs an operation on his hand, but still puts a shift in . A true Professional  . Also  well done Blain two great try's  and nearly a third . Good luck Lads get in the playoffs  and on our day we can beat any of the other Teams . 

Blaine looks the real deal, Danny tickle is so influential as a leader on the pitch, was ffmm rested or injured? Bruie put a big shift in yesterday, could do with having Ryan back fit so we can have Tyler back on the wing as I would prefer him over Walsh, Chris Thurman said defence was a problem which I agree with, penky proved he is still a top class hooker and JD with a great shift again, would love Chris to stick around next year but doubt he will, any news on new coach? 

Hope we can keep the form up and surprise a few in the play offs,

Utt

The lads that played on Sunday all put a shift in, especially in the pack where we looked more than a bit thin on the ground, first subs were after half an hour, and when Tom came on I think he injured himself in the first tackle. Danny was outstanding again and organises everything, must be a coaches dream to have him in there.

I know I'm gonna get pelters for this but I think some of the superlatives thrown at Marwood are a bit OTT. Yes he has real promise, is the son of an ex player, and has shown his qualities in backing up a break to bag a brace on Sunday but IMO some of the reaction has been a bit too far at this stage for the young lad, but I suppose must be nice to have folk singing your name after five mins for backing up a break to get a try.

Just hope we can get a few back from injuries for the remainder of the season especially in the pack. If we do I think we will give anyone a game. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

9 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

The lads that played on Sunday all put a shift in, especially in the pack where we looked more than a bit thin on the ground, first subs were after half an hour, and when Tom came on I think he injured himself in the first tackle. Danny was outstanding again and organises everything, must be a coaches dream to have him in there.

I know I'm gonna get pelters for this but I think some of the superlatives thrown at Marwood are a bit OTT. Yes he has real promise, is the son of an ex player, and has shown his qualities in backing up a break to bag a brace on Sunday but IMO some of the reaction has been a bit too far at this stage for the young lad, but I suppose must be nice to have folk singing your name after five mins for backing up a break to get a try.

Just hope we can get a few back from injuries for the remainder of the season especially in the pack. If we do I think we will give anyone a game. UTT.

I believe it's called "damned with faint praise". Blain's old feller isn't just an ex-player he is a Town legend who mixed it at the highest level alongside the Hepis,Pickerings,Mulligans and all the other stellar personnel who took us into Super League against the odds. The only other player who comes close for metronomic kicking and influential link play in recent times is Carl Forber -often underestimated by some because of his quiet and unassuming nature but , like Deano, his stats do the talking.    Like his dad young Blain is physically unimpressive by Rugby League yardsticks but following the dynastic mould he plays way above his weight.    He is quick , intuitive ,brave and has a model attitude to training which will do for me. If that's OTT I'll take it.......

2 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I believe it's called "damned with faint praise". Blain's old feller isn't just an ex-player he is a Town legend who mixed it at the highest level alongside the Hepis,Pickerings,Mulligans and all the other stellar personnel who took us into Super League against the odds. The only other player who comes close for metronomic kicking and influential link play in recent times is Carl Forber -often underestimated by some because of his quiet and unassuming nature but , like Deano, his stats do the talking.    Like his dad young Blain is physically unimpressive by Rugby League yardsticks but following the dynastic mould he plays way above his weight.    He is quick , intuitive ,brave and has a model attitude to training which will do for me. If that's OTT I'll take it.......

?? I was waiting for this Sandy , and I'm well aware of Deanos standing in our folklore as I don't think I missed many of the games he played in a Town shirt. I also can't dispute any of what you say about Buffer or Blaine. I just hope the lad doesn't feel any pressure to live up to any expectation of being in his dads shadow when the crowd are chanting Deano etc. He didn't put a foot wrong in his cameo on Sunday and good luck to the lad but I was surprised how positively people rated his performance.  This was not a slight on Marwood in any way, but I suppose everyone loves the back story of him following in Dean's footsteps and are rooting for him more than they might someone with no connection to the club.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

23 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Tell you what marra why dont I pick you up and you can come down next time the club ask for volunteers to help like myself and a few others did recently plus my 79 year old dad who helped bust the seats down, people like you make my blood boil ?

well said, plenty of knockers in this town but when challenged to lend a helping hand they go all shy.

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

?? I was waiting for this Sandy , and I'm well aware of Deanos standing in our folklore as I don't think I missed many of the games he played in a Town shirt. I also can't dispute any of what you say about Buffer or Blaine. I just hope the lad doesn't feel any pressure to live up to any expectation of being in his dads shadow when the crowd are chanting Deano etc. He didn't put a foot wrong in his cameo on Sunday and good luck to the lad but I was surprised how positively people rated his performance.  This was not a slight on Marwood in any way, but I suppose everyone loves the back story of him following in Dean's footsteps and are rooting for him more than they might someone with no connection to the club.

I confess to being a tad vocal when discussing the legacies of Town heroes past and present which ,in my defence, I put down to irrational bias!  I reckon the new Marwood on the block will cope with all the hype just like his old feller did. For the record Brad Hepi still refers to Deano as "Chucky" --- a tribute to the feisty little guy who belied his lack of physique with the same sort of commitment that his son seems to have in spades. 

By the way,are you still hanging around on the periphery of music festivals seeking like-minded Goths ???

3 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I confess to being a tad vocal when discussing the legacies of Town heroes past and present which ,in my defence, I put down to irrational bias!  I reckon the new Marwood on the block will cope with all the hype just like his old feller did. For the record Brad Hepi still refers to Deano as "Chucky" --- a tribute to the feisty little guy who belied his lack of physique with the same sort of commitment that his son seems to have in spades. 

By the way,are you still hanging around on the periphery of music festivals seeking like-minded Goths ???

Nicely put although the Chucky where Deano got his name was a murderous doll that came to life!

Us Visigoths gather wherever there may be resurgence of the Romans. Afterall what did the Romans ever do for us??

Archived