Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Manfred Mann

After Toronto and Toulouse, which expansion clubs would you like to see in Super League?

After Toronto and Toulouse, which expansion clubs would you like to see in Super League?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. After Toronto and Toulouse, which expansion clubs would you like to see in Super League

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/08/20 at 23:34

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What crowds? They've been in SL 20 years, yet barely reach 5k.

If you had bothered to read the whole of my previous post and not just select a piece to suit your own point of view you would see that my comment regarding an increase in crowds was in relation to their attendances of the 1980s.

5 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that was in the next 10-15 years. It's the natural next step after Toulouse.

If rugby league in Britain suffered the same fate as is it during the war in France, I'd be surprised if some of the clubs made it into the 21st century.

Comparing Carpentras to Avignon is like comparing Siddal, Ovenden, etc to Halifax.

Nonsense.

Siddal & Ovenden haven't been in the Challenge Cup Final whereas Carpentras have made the Lord Derby Cup Final nor have they played in the top tier of the sport in England whereas Carpentras played in Elite One as recently as 2011. 

Not to mention Carpentras is a completely separate town to Avignon as opposed to Siddal and Ovenden pretty much part of Halifax. 

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Nonsense.

Siddal & Ovenden haven't been in the Challenge Cup Final whereas Carpentras have made the Lord Derby Cup Final nor have they played in the top tier of the sport in England whereas Carpentras played in Elite One as recently as 2011. 

Not to mention Carpentras is a completely separate town to Avignon as opposed to Siddal and Ovenden pretty much part of Halifax. 

Just because there not very good in comparison to the clubs around them doesn't mean it's not a good comparison.

You chose to use the Vaucluse area as a comparison. I'm using the Calderdale area. Similar sizes.

Avignon have a huge amount of potential.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Q. After Toronto and Toulouse, which expansion clubs would you like to see in Super League. 

A. Red Star Belgrade. 

3 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

If you had bothered to read the whole of my previous post and not just select a piece to suit your own point of view you would see that my comment regarding an increase in crowds was in relation to their attendances of the 1980s.

I did read it. I thought it was a poor example of "fans being there" and "fans returning" in response to someone saying that there isn't much potential for growth of the fanbase, hence my comment.

If anything, you emphasised his point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I did read it. I thought it was a poor example of "fans being there" and "fans returning" in response to someone saying that there isn't much potential for growth of the fanbase, hence my comment.

You thought so .. I didn't

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Xian Terracotta Warrior's 🇨🇳👍

Come on ' arry ' , we've been warned once about this 😉 , you'll be giving us leythers a bad name 😀

1 hour ago, RL does what Sky says said:

On 19/08/2019 at 18:46, Manfred Mann said:

By contrast, Halifax has a lot of competing rugby league clubs in West Yorkshire, many of them in Super League already. It has little demographic basis for fan growth.

You think using Huddersfield growing their attendances to about 5k and maintaining it for about 15 years is a good argument against there being little demographic basis for fan growth in the area?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

As I also had to say during a previous conversation, you might not have been able to read what I wrote so I will again put it in bold and larger print ....

Is this the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and going "la la la la la" when someone asks you a difficult question?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Is this the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and going "la la la la la" when someone asks you a difficult question?

So let's go through the whole scenario....

I had made a comment about crowds at Huddersfield to which you replied by only quoting part of my post ....

18 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

What crowds? They've been in SL 20 years, yet barely reach 5k.

13 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

10 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

10 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

You think using Huddersfield growing their attendances to about 5k and maintaining it for about 15 years is a good argument against there being little demographic basis for fan growth in the area?

8 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

As I also had to say during a previous conversation, you might not have been able to read what I wrote so I will again put it in bold and larger print ....

You thought so ... I didn't

Having answered you the first time and just stated it was a difference of opinion you then again continued to push your point of view, to which I again told you it was just a difference of opinion. And now you make derogatory comments (Oh, yes, it's not you is it; it's me being too sensitive isn't it ?)

What's your problem apart from not wanting someone to have a different opinion to yours ?

As you are aware I also had this problem with you earlier in this thread when I gave you an answer which you didn't like and so continued to push your point of view at me.

Furthermore, on that occasion, you said ...

"Well, you clearly have no desire to have a conversation like an adult and have decided to sulk off, so I'll leave you to it so the adults can talk".

Yet, you haven't "left me to it" and have continued to try and push your own views at me because I don't agree with yours. Clearly you can not be trusted to keep your promises.

So, for the third time on this occasion, I am going to say ... I have one opinion, you have an alternative one. You won''t agree with mine so don't keep just expecting me to agree with yours.

Yet, if it makes you happy ..... Everybody please take note - Wellsy4HulFC is right in everything he says !

Edited by RL does what Sky says

1 hour ago, RL does what Sky says said:

So let's go through the whole scenario....

I had made a comment about crowds at Huddersfield to which you replied by only quoting part of my post ....

Having answered you the first time and just stated it was a difference of opinion you then again continued to push your point of view, to which I again told you it was just a difference of opinion. And now you make derogatory comments (Oh, yes, it's not you is it; it's me being too sensitive isn't it ?)

What's your problem apart from not wanting someone to have a different opinion to yours ?

As you are aware I also had this problem with you earlier in this thread when I gave you an answer which you didn't like and so continued to push your point of view at me.

Furthermore, on that occasion, you said ...

"Well, you clearly have no desire to have a conversation like an adult and have decided to sulk off, so I'll leave you to it so the adults can talk".

Yet, you haven't "left me to it" and have continued to try and push your own views at me because I don't agree with yours. Clearly you can not be trusted to keep your promises.

So, for the third time on this occasion, I am going to say ... I have one opinion, you have an alternative one. You won''t agree with mine so don't keep just expecting me to agree with yours.

Yet, if it makes you happy ..... Everybody please take note - Wellsy4HulFC is right in everything he says !  Happy now ?

That's the thing about discussion forums... there's meant to be discussion. You have an opinion; I have an opinion; we justify our positions, sometimes changing our opinions based on new information, sometimes we solidify our opinion based on it. But we discuss it. 

It's called having a discussion. Just because you have an opinion now doesn't mean you won't change it later. Just because I have an opinion now doesn't mean I won't change mine.

You posted an opinion. I questioned it. You refused to justify your position, choosing to just repeat yourself. It's a defensive position. At no point have I said I'm right it you're wrong. At no point have I asked you to agree with me that my opinion is superior. All I've asked is for you to clarify your position.

Is it wrong to question other people's opinions? Should everyone just be left to say what they think without ever having to be questioned about it or have to justify it (even to themselves)?

It's an incredibly weird stance you take to your opinion being questioned. It comes across like you don't believe enough in your own opinion to be able to justify it or that you can't justify - which, if you can't, there's nothing wrong with changing your position. If you can justify it, why won't you?

• Like 1

Having previously insulted me and now making derogatory comments, yet you still expect me to justify my views with you ?

I note you haven't said why you didn't keep your promise and just leave me to it.

But having said it ... do it !

You can put your own spin on anything you want. If it was anyone else asking then I might answer. You - no way.