PENNINE FIXTURES 2019-2020

On 13/08/2019 at 07:45, georgehadgingerhair said:

Any news on when league starts and fixture lists normally starts mid September and are they

going to create complete fixture lists for the season and not make it up week to week. 

The Pennine league are running a cup competition during September something on the lines of the 40/20 summer competition, the league is starting in October, so far we haven't a clue which format (Three to choose from) will be used, the clubs voted 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Lack of info is killing clubs

On 13/08/2019 at 07:45, georgehadgingerhair said:

Any news on when league starts and fixture lists normally starts mid September and are they

going to create complete fixture lists for the season and not make it up week to week. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I honestly think if a proper league was set up for winter based on the conference league idea where teams would have to  be committed to playing week in week out and given a full fixture list of twenty games at the start of the season after a couple of seasons when teams in the conference league see it is working I think some of them would opt for it.

A lot of National Conference teams are struggling for players you see teams turning up with just a team and the odd sub. Some of the players are in there forty's and fifties and are playing out of loyalty to there clubs so they can fulfil the fixture. There are too many alternative options of things to do in summer.  

5 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

I honestly think if a proper league was set up for winter based on the conference league idea where teams would have to  be committed to playing week in week out and given a full fixture list of twenty games at the start of the season after a couple of seasons when teams in the conference league see it is working I think some of them would opt for it.

A lot of National Conference teams are struggling for players you see teams turning up with just a team and the odd sub. Some of the players are in there forty's and fifties and are playing out of loyalty to there clubs so they can fulfil the fixture. There are too many alternative options of things to do in summer.  

Totally agree

Marauder heard the leagues are out have you had copies yet if you have can you please put them on cheers.

Not been sent to me yet mate, we voted on which format was going to be used by return email (18/July/2019) I'm losing players because I can't guarantee regular fixtures, over the last two seasons the fixture list for us has been poor at the best., 2017/18  we had something like 7 or 8 games away on the bounce and only played 2 or 3 home games, last season we had to give games up at the end of the season because players moved to summer sides simply because we had been going weeks without a game.

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Not been sent to me yet mate, we voted on which format was going to be used by return email (18/July/2019) I'm losing players because I can't guarantee regular fixtures, over the last two seasons the fixture list for us has been poor at the best., 2017/18  we had something like 7 or 8 games away on the bounce and only played 2 or 3 home games, last season we had to give games up at the end of the season because players moved to summer sides simply because we had been going weeks without a game.

No just heard Drig, East Leeds and Ossett had been moved up to Premier if true do you think this could be because of the number of fixtures they turned up for last season and trying to make the premier more like the conference and hopefully having teams playing every week. 

18 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

No just heard Drig, East Leeds and Ossett had been moved up to Premier if true do you think this could be because of the number of fixtures they turned up for last season and trying to make the premier more like the conference and hopefully having teams playing every week. 

Those three side have earned the right to move up IMO and it should be the aim of the league to have clubs playing as regularly as possible, I know it's hard to do so because of the local cups, but no team should be going over two weeks without a game.

On 16/08/2019 at 16:57, georgehadgingerhair said:

Any new winter based would have to be a BARLA initiative as the RFL have absolutely no interest in any traditional season.

The sport was aligned with the pro game to be summer based purely for monetary gain by the RFL who, after being recognised as the governing body, set about their assault on Sport England funding hence the apparent ascending pyramid.

This pyramid showed the amatuer game as it's foundation and peaking at Super League. This then gave the impression of progression through the different levels of the game and satisfy the Sport England funding criteria.

So the introduction of a conference type winter based league, I don't think that would happen.

You never fail until you stop trying

3 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

So the introduction of a conference type winter based league, I don't think that would happen.

I don't either, but one could get off the ground easily if certain people got their boots on and started canvasing for teams with the right planning in place.

Just now, Marauder said:

I don't either, but one could get off the ground easily if certain people got their boots on and started canvasing for teams with the right planning in place.

Certain people maybe should read the correct people in place.

6 hours ago, Marauder said:

In the advent of the summer switch, BARLA did put together quite an attractive conference style winter alternative for NCL teams not wanting summer rugby and for other interested teams from; Cumbria, Barrow, NWC and Yorkshire. Despite offering a well administered competition with a regular fixture calendar, not enough clubs were attracted to this concept.

However,all the templates for this competition are in the BARLA archives and with a quick dusting down, a conference style winter alternative could be offered to clubs at short notice.

Sadly the present BARLA board have neither the desire oŕ the know how to launch a new initiative and really I think that they would fear a reaction from the RFL.

You never fail until you stop trying

14 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

In the advent of the summer switch, BARLA did put together quite an attractive conference style winter alternative for NCL teams not wanting summer rugby and for other interested teams from; Cumbria, Barrow, NWC and Yorkshire. Despite offering a well administered competition with a regular fixture calendar, not enough clubs were attracted to this concept.

However,all the templates for this competition are in the BARLA archives and with a quick dusting down, a conference style winter alternative could be offered to clubs at short notice.

Sadly the present BARLA board have neither the desire oŕ the know how to launch a new initiative and really I think that they would fear a reaction from the RFL.

As youve said Nev the current BARLA board are simply there to help maintain the status quo and be subservient to the RFL. Shame that the New Dawn never happened

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

15 hours ago, Nev V Dawn said:

I can see why the shiny new summer season with all the propaganda  (produce more players, greater bar takings along with subsidised trave) must have been a massive draw for the NCL clubs, but now we all know the pro's and con's of playing in the summer would playing in a well run NCL style winter competition with less distractions, BBQ's, concerts, school holidays and coastal visits be a life saver for some of the clubs even after taking into account the shrinkage of the amateur game as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

See some league fixtures have been released and interestingly South Yorkshire Eagles have two teams but a few teams seem to be missing from last year and a few joined just hope its a success with less postponements and regular fixtures.

Who are South Yorkshire Eagles? First I’ve heard of them 

On 19/09/2019 at 11:09, DoubleD said:

Who are South Yorkshire Eagles? First I’ve heard of them 

Combination of Dearne Valley, Hillsborough and other players from teams around that area of South Yorkshire.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

I see Fryston have now appeared in the Div 2 fixtures, maybe their ban has finished

if thats what they call attracting new clubs i think they will lose more than they attract.

if its the fryston of old wont be long before teams concede rather than play

On 26/08/2019 at 14:02, Marauder said:

Certain people maybe should read the correct people in place.

There is no perceived appetite for a Tier 4 winter competition. If there were then NCL would run it..... the RFL would offer it there first as they can't do it themselves.

At Tier 5  Barla via the Pennine League already have that control..... Should that desire  spread elsewhere  into other areas then  Barla would undoubtedly be the first port of call for administration....

2 hours ago, del capo said:

There is no perceived appetite for a Tier 4 winter competition. If there were then NCL would run it..... the RFL would offer it there first as they can't do it themselves.

At Tier 5  Barla via the Pennine League already have that control..... Should that desire  spread elsewhere  into other areas then  Barla would undoubtedly be the first port of call for administration....

I talk to a lot of clubs as a nobody and obviously get told a different tail than you do in your role on the NCL management, the reason I get told why they wouldn't try it is the way the winter is being run.

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

I talk to a lot of clubs as a nobody and obviously get told a different tail than you do in your role on the NCL management, the reason I get told why they wouldn't try it is the way the winter is being run.

Most Tier 5 clubs apply to join the NCL with what they see as regularity of decent fixtures and (hopefully ) strong administration as prime attraction'

Get that right in the winter game and I agree some heads would certainly be turned.

Archived