AGM - Debenture Holders

Jane

Barrow Raiders Annual General Meeting will be held Thursday 15th August 7pm in The Raiders Bar when the 2018 accounts will be presented. The meeting is open to all debenture holders and there will be opportunity to present questions to the board of directors. There will also be an opportunity for new directors to be voted on to the Board by the members with nominations required to the club secretary.

On 13/08/2019 at 11:31, Jane said:

Barrow Raiders Annual General Meeting will be held Thursday 15th August 7pm in The Raiders Bar when the 2018 accounts will be presented. The meeting is open to all debenture holders and there will be opportunity to present questions to the board of directors. There will also be an opportunity for new directors to be voted on to the Board by the members with nominations required to the club secretary.

Is there any feedback from the AGM? Sorry if i've missed something posted elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, tec said:

Volunteers ?? I have no idea what went on .Regardless of that maybe that’s why the club would rather use social media as it can be censored as I believe a lot of comments have been deleted .

Also seems to be a culture where you can't criticise players or the coach without getting a load of abuse. 

Don’t 

8 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Also seems to be a culture where you can't criticise players or the coach without getting a load of abuse. 

Don’t usually criticise players or staff myself but if it’s not offensive I don’t get upset .

On 13/08/2019 at 11:31, Jane said:

The Club needs to decide where its mouthpiece is and I'm not sure it should be this forum. 

Can't see the AGM being mentioned on the official website, to me the 'go to' place for news. 

I should not have to trawl through Twitter, Facebook or this forum for this sort of news, nor for team updates. I had high hopes for the website this year but alas my hopes were dashed. 

I had high hopes for the stadium clock but after a few games it became apparent it wasn't synced to the games as the Chairman and spectators wanted. 

It's these little things that matter. 

And a criticsism of the RFL, how on earth did they decide if you sign up to social media, clubs get more money: clubs need bums on seats, not sat at home listening to the wireless, yep that dates me as a grumpy old man ? 

David Taylor

@750VFR

I agree with you 750 the clubs main website should be the reference point for all supporters for all announcements etc .At the moment there does seem to be a mind set that its social media or nothing which brings a number of issues and some people not only old duffers wont use twitter or facebook for various reasons.

4 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Clubs earn points and extra funding from the RFL from the amount of Social Media use and interaction between the Clubs and their fan base and supporters . It isn't rocket science why Social Media is used the most .

Its not rocket science that all supporters don't use social media the club are missing out on reaching 100 % of fans. I was under the impression funding was based on how many fans register on the RL app which I have done.Does anyone know how much extra funding you can get from  the app & social media & how is it quantified ?

4 minutes ago, tec said:

Its not rocket science that all supporters don't use social media the club are missing out on reaching 100 % of fans. I was under the impression funding was based on how many fans register on the RL app which I have done.Does anyone know how much extra funding you can get from  the app & social media & how is it quantified ?

You cannot expect debates and discussions , questions and answers on an official web site . No Club or Team does that in any sport .

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

You cannot expect debates and discussions , questions and answers on an official web site . No Club or Team does that in any sport .

Nobody has asked or expected that .What we do need us the club promoting itself across all media platforms .Using Facebook as the main platform actually means the club is basically controlling what it wants to be made public and I include comments that it can delete or manipulate to suit a certain agenda and opinion of whoever is moderating /editing the page.

1 hour ago, tec said:

Nobody has asked or expected that .What we do need us the club promoting itself across all media platforms .Using Facebook as the main platform actually means the club is basically controlling what it wants to be made public and I include comments that it can delete or manipulate to suit a certain agenda and opinion of whoever is moderating /editing the page.

believe me this TRL forum is not a good place for Clubs and Directors to get involved in . It's purpose is specifically for rugby fans as indeed it's title suggests , Total Rugby League Fans Forum , and it is as equally as bad or even worse than any Facbook pages or Twitter feeds .

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

My point was that the AGM was listed on here but not the website. 

I really do think we are all agreeing with each other. 

I want the website to be the 'go to' place for information meanwhile I enjoy looking on here for Idle speculation, rumour and misinformation.

A number of us spectators are from Kendal, the club will know this from ST sales or could do so from casual post code enquiries at the gate. 'We' could be the club of South Lakes / South Cumbria. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

5 hours ago, 750VFR said:

My point was that the AGM was listed on here but not the website. 

I really do think we are all agreeing with each other. 

I want the website to be the 'go to' place for information meanwhile I enjoy looking on here for Idle speculation, rumour and misinformation.

A number of us spectators are from Kendal, the club will know this from ST sales or could do so from casual post code enquiries at the gate. 'We' could be the club of South Lakes / South Cumbria. 

If you are an old gimmer like me 750 then you will remember when the only information that you got was via the local newspaper, if anywhere at all. Some things have certainly improved.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived