Kevin Brown to Leigh

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

If he’s fit why wasn’t he playing instead of the young kid at the weekend 

Wire de-registered him at the start of the year so his salary was then exempt from the SC. If they played him last week then his entire years salary would count on the cap for 2019. They had probably already used some of his cap space to upgrade other players contract during the year as they hadn't expected Brown to play again in 2019. Playing him would probably have then taken them over the cap.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

52 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Wire de-registered him at the start of the year so his salary was then exempt from the SC. If they played him last week then his entire years salary would count on the cap for 2019. They had probably already used some of his cap space to upgrade other players contract during the year as they hadn't expected Brown to play again in 2019. Playing him would probably have then taken them over the cap.

He's signed on loan so must still be a Warrington player? If so Warrington have to include his salary on their salary cap spend but can offset what Leigh pay for his services...   

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He's signed on loan so must still be a Warrington player? If so Warrington have to include his salary on their salary cap spend but can offset what Leigh pay for his services...   

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/17429380.warrington-wolves-granted-salary-cap-dispensation/

18 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Looks like Mr Beaumont is eying winning the Play Offs, never mind all this nonsense of saying Leigh are building for next season in the Championship.

....but he is. No one is going to beat the tw'@pack with all the advantages they have (earned) in the play off series.  The recent permanent signings are signed for 2020 also.  If Leigh managed to win through in the play offs to the final they could possibly have had to go to Toulouse and also Toronto twice, (maybe Toulouse twice) thats not including Toronto in their last game of the regular season.  With a mainly part time squad I would say it wuld be a miracle if Leigh got promoted.  Maybe Leigh should finish 4th then at least they get one home play off game, as 2nd is unlikely

Here we go again .....

31 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Looks like Mr Beaumont is eying winning the Play Offs, never mind all this nonsense of saying Leigh are building for next season in the Championship.

Bomo plays at being Bojo!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Maybe a deal was done with one of those that allowed them to acclimatize to the UK this season???

Do loan players not have any transfer deadline - or is it just Leigh that are exempt?

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55124/signings-and-registration-deadlines-update

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I know that but was replying to Toppy who reckons his full cap value would go onto Warrington's total if he played this season - if that's true then playing for someone else on loan would likely also count but TBH I can't be bothered to check up on the rule. I'm sure the clubs know what they're doing ?

I can only think that we are signing presumably,a few full time players,on the proviso that we do end up with 5 away trips to t.o and twp,to cover for the part time lads that perhaps can't take all that time off(credit where it's due,the young lads have been fantastic),or the other reason could be that,oh wait....no,nothing, I have NOTHING!

2 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I can only think that we are signing presumably,a few full time players,on the proviso that we do end up with 5 away trips to t.o and twp,to cover for the part time lads that perhaps can't take all that time off(credit where it's due,the young lads have been fantastic),or the other reason could be that,oh wait....no,nothing, I have NOTHING!

We are going to TW to win, we will then play TO at home, go to TW again and win comfortably, before going there again and putting the final nail in the dream. Dexy has got a new air miles card

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Do loan players not have any transfer deadline - or is it just Leigh that are exempt?

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55124/signings-and-registration-deadlines-update

Turns out warrington and Featherstone must have exemption too then since they've also announced signings this week.

...or of course you could just read the press release where it says he was registered before the deadline last week.

Archived