Kevin Brown to Leigh

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I know that but was replying to Toppy who reckons his full cap value would go onto Warrington's total if he played this season - if that's true then playing for someone else on loan would likely also count but TBH I can't be bothered to check up on the rule. I'm sure the clubs know what they're doing ?

When a player goes out on loan, as long as its for a minimum of 1 month their salary for that loan period goes against the cap of their loan club and not their parent club. That's the difference between loans and Dual Reg as DR players salaries remain with their parent clubs. So its only if Brown return to Wire after his loan spell this year that his salary would count on their cap.

Its a complete fiddle of the system and why I think this whole deregistration thing shouldn't be allowed.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

When a player goes out on loan, as long as its for a minimum of 1 month their salary for that loan period goes against the cap of their loan club and not their parent club. That's the difference between loans and Dual Reg as DR players salaries remain with their parent clubs. So its only if Brown return to Wire after his loan spell this year that his salary would count on their cap.

Its a complete fiddle of the system and why I think this whole deregistration thing shouldn't be allowed.

Where is the fiddle? Brown hasn't played for Wire all year because of a long term injury. It now looks like he will return very slightly earlier but still not play for Wire.

It is hardly a fiddle that Wire dont have him on their cap.

13 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

When they sign and when they are announced are two very different things

Quite.I believe John Duffy did the very same when at Swinton Lions a couple of seasons back.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Wouldn't it be the irony of ironies if Leigh deprived TWP of promotion after the history between the two clubs with the many player transfers going in both directions,  I don't think that it will happen but never say never (London 2018).But if it were to happen this site would go into meltdown, Mr Beaumont would probably be the most hated man in the RL on these pages that is if he already isn't, there is one thing for sure it would be big grin time for the supporter's of the Leigh club who back in last November we did not know if we would have a club let alone a team, we were all expecting to be fightibg of relegation a top 5 finish was not even considered.

There is a feeling on this site from some of our Canadian chums that should they fail this year we may not see the club again, being Mr Argyle will pull the plug? 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

Where is the fiddle? Brown hasn't played for Wire all year because of a long term injury. It now looks like he will return very slightly earlier but still not play for Wire.

It is hardly a fiddle that Wire dont have him on their cap.

I didn't mean wire are on some sort of fiddle - its the whole deregistration system that's a joke.

Injuries are part & parcel of the game 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I didn't mean wire are on some sort of fiddle - its the whole deregistration system that's a joke.

Injuries are part & parcel of the game 

I dont have an issue with having exemptions for a player whose injury is so bad he will not play a single game for you that year. It seems reasonable tbh. 

7 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

That's only if the loan is to another SL club, regardless of whether the club taking the player pay the whole or part of his salary to the parent club for his services. If the loan is from a SL club to a Championship or L1 club, the SL club add the player's regular wage onto their salary cap spend but can then offset whatever the club he's gone to pay them for his services (which again may be the whole or part of his salary). See section 5.8 in the SL Salary Cap Regs section and section 6.4 in the Championship SC Regs of the Op Rules . 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I dont have an issue with having exemptions for a player whose injury is so bad he will not play a single game for you that year. It seems reasonable tbh. 

I don't have a problem with de-registering

But does it pose the question, Were Warrington were above the cap at the start of the season?  No new players were brought in to replace him, so if they were  under the cap there wouldn't have been an issue with him returning to the side when fit?  Atkins going out would have more or less covered Matty Smith

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I don't have a problem with de-registering

But does it pose the question, Were Warrington were above the cap at the start of the season?  No new players were brought in to replace him, so if they were  under the cap there wouldn't have been an issue with him returning to the side when fit?  Atkins going out would have more or less covered Matty Smith

It was stated we got an exemption and could use money to sign somebody else if we wanted to I don't see us moving him on as an issue with the cap (I may have missed something on that). I see it as an acknowledgement that we will not be using him in the crucial part of the season, obviously he still has to prove his fitness and form, we have gone for Smith instead. 

I was also disappointed with Atkins going before the end of the year and not getting a proper goodbye, but I think ultimately we have to be fair to players and let them play first team, even if that means away from us. 

I'm not suggesting moving Brown and Atkins on are the right decision, but Price will live or die by his decisions. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

It was stated we got an exemption and could use money to sign somebody else if we wanted to I don't see us moving him on as an issue with the cap (I may have missed something on that). I see it as an acknowledgement that we will not be using him in the crucial part of the season, obviously he still has to prove his fitness and form, we have gone for Smith instead. 

I was also disappointed with Atkins going before the end of the year and not getting a proper goodbye, but I think ultimately we have to be fair to players and let them play first team, even if that means away from us. 

I'm not suggesting moving Brown and Atkins on are the right decision, but Price will live or die by his decisions. 

It’s an assumption they’ve been moved on due to SC, but given that Warrington are in the hunt for two trophies you’d think a coach would keep all option open if available? 

Archived