Bradford Sunday

NickD

Well our old mate George Flannagan won't be around to terrorise us this Sunday at least.  Nice 8 match ban....

Add that to the earlier bans for a couple of other Bulls players and who knows...we might just be able to pull this one off...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think we will know in the first five minutes. If we don't make a mistake, we are in with a chance,  if not it's another grim 80 minutes.

No idea who the other banned Bulls players might be Nick, but if we are to overcome Bradford, we must contend with the master of penalty issuing masters in Mr J Smith, our referee on Sunday. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

No idea who the other banned Bulls players might be Nick, but if we are to overcome Bradford, we must contend with the master of penalty issuing masters in Mr J Smith, our referee on Sunday. 

Were doomed were doomed

I used to like jack Smith and warmed to the ex military story about the sniper

Lad was fast tracked to super League and the career went boom (not for the first time a boom changed his path)

I think he chucked in been a full time referee and boom (yes another one)

And Became yet another referee who's only consistency is been inconsistent

He's been shocking last couple of times we've had him.

Hopefully the only boom on Sunday is Bradford's chances of top 5

In the true words of Basil Brush..

BOOM!! BOOM!!

I too used to think Smith was one of the better refs. That all changed at home to the seagulls this year. I honestly believe he and his colleague on the right wing Royally shafted us that day. (Infact I spoke to 3 or 4 seagulls fans... who weren't causing bother... who agreed). That was one of the close ones that got away! Who knows our season might... only might have been slightly different if we hadn't been robbed?

To be fair I've seen him since and realise hes just turned ######

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

11 hours ago, NickD said:

Well our old mate George Flannagan won't be around to terrorise us this Sunday at least.  Nice 8 match ban....

Add that to the earlier bans for a couple of other Bulls players and who knows...we might just be able to pull this one off...

The Bulls first team don't have any other bans. The others are all academy players 

The Bulls are scoring points for fun at present, now that the pressure of trying to get into the top five has disappeared. Notwithstanding the referee I can't see us getting anywhere close if we play as we did against Batley. On the other hand LG has promised/threatened changes after that display - so maybe, just maybe? Naah, we will still lose by a load.

Let's hope for a decent turnout from the Bulls fans because I don't expect many from the Rams.

Rams 18 - 32 Bulls

Att: 1825

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

49 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If we play like we did against Fev, it could easily be a win

Ah if only we knew when our teams were going to turn up it would make my life at more pleasant

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Bulls are scoring points for fun at present, now that the pressure of trying to get into the top five has disappeared. Notwithstanding the referee I can't see us getting anywhere close if we play as we did against Batley. On the other hand LG has promised/threatened changes after that display - so maybe, just maybe? Naah, we will still lose by a load.

Let's hope for a decent turnout from the Bulls fans because I don't expect many from the Rams.

Rams 18 - 32 Bulls

Att: 1825

They'll be coming for a look at their new home

When is the deadline for them making their minds up ???

12 hours ago, coolie said:

They'll be coming for a look at their new home

When is the deadline for them making their minds up ???

There is no immediate deadline other than their own self-imposed one, which is August 15th. The RFL has a requirement for teams to have a contractual agreement to play at an acceptable ground before the season commences, which is really the only deadline that would be imposed. I believe that the renewal of the lease, or at least its extension, is up for ratification in a few week's time so this is driving AC's brinkmanship.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

There is no immediate deadline other than their own self-imposed one, which is August 15th. The RFL has a requirement for teams to have a contractual agreement to play at an acceptable ground before the season commences, which is really the only deadline that would be imposed. I believe that the renewal of the lease, or at least its extension, is up for ratification in a few week's time so this is driving AC's brinkmanship.

The T&A website reporting that an announcement is now expected tomorrow (Friday). As well as any proposed stadium having to meet the required criteria I think the RFL also have to approve any move - there's a potentially interesting one. TBH I can't see how the RFL can agree to any rent reduction and/or taking on maintenance costs without not only making their loss on the whole Odsal deal even bigger than it is now but also leaving themselves wide open to accusations of subsidising one of its member clubs (and given the seeming mutual dislike between him and quite a few of his SL cohorts I doubt that would go down well).

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seems Bradford is a few hours ahead of the rest of the UK and you've got new tenants...........

Yep. Chalmers announced it. Will they play on all weather cos real grass could take a hammering.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

48 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seems Bradford is a few hours ahead of the rest of the UK and you've got new tenants........... https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17840618.bradford-bulls-leave-odsal-dewsbury/ 

Bully for us.  :kolobok_good:  Hope Mark is getting the rent in advance.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Maybe not that great: ".....an extremely favourable deal signed with Dewsbury Rams owner Mark Sawyer.'

If MS makes a few bob out of the deal. I doubt it will anywhere near recoup the money he has already put into the club.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Just now, grumpyoldram said:

If MS makes a few bob out of the deal. I doubt it will anywhere near recoup the money he has already put into the club.

Looks as though this may all get interesting https://bpafc.com/the-option-for-professional-rugby-league-to-stay-in-bradford-is-still-alive-insists-avenue-owner/ Also unconfirmed reports that The RFL have said that they have yet to approve the move 

Archived