Bradford Sunday

NickD

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

If MS makes a few bob out of the deal. I doubt it will anywhere near recoup the money he has already put into the club.

I am assuming the deal is with MS and not the Dewsbury Rams club. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

21 hours ago, colinb said:

Yep. Chalmers announced it. Will they play on all weather cos real grass could take a hammering.

It didn't do Mount Pleasant any harm, did it Colin?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I am assuming the deal is with MS and not the Dewsbury Rams club. 

It is a limited company, not a club. We no longer have members, I believe.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It didn't do Mount Pleasant any harm, did it Colin?

Proper grass. Brilliant drainage and a Superb groundsman BSJ. ?

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Dewsbury's very own HWD Hospital Radio have Rugby League action this Sunday as the Rams take on The Bradford Bulls at the Tetley Stadium - and you can listen LIVE!

Join Martin Sharpe for "Afternoon Delight" from 2pm with all the big game build up and then listen to game commentary in full from 3pm on "Rugby League Live" ?

Select this link.. http://ow.ly/jLwd50uuoHm on your PC, Tablet or Smartphone and click on play to Listen Live!

Why not join in the banter and get a mention on the "Chat Box" during the game.

Sunday is also HWDs annual bucket collection day, so if you are at the game please give generously.

Rugby League Live on HWD Radio - It's just like being there

HWD Listen_image.jpg

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

its showing on the rl match centre..

Robbie Ward and Liam Johnson in the 19 ..... No Dom though!

Waite-Pullan, Toby Richardson and Nelmes in there too.

Dewsbury Rams

Sam Day

Liam Finn

Andrew Gabriel

Tom Garratt

Daniel Igbinedion

Liam Johnson

Michael Knowles

Joe Martin

Frazer MORRIS

Dale Morton

Luke Nelmes

Martyn Reilly

Tobias Richardson

Adam Ryder

Paul Sykes

Owen Trout

Daniel Waite-Pullan

Lucas Walshaw

Robbie Ward

A hide into nothing again today. I hoped we would win but knew we couldn't. However Barrows defeat at Sheffield makes us safe.  I thought we played ok in spells. 

Jordan Lilly is IMO a total disgrace to the game certainly not a sportsman. I hope the review panel see this and serve some justice upon him.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

15 minutes ago, muddyfunster said:

A hide into nothing again today. I hoped we would win but knew we couldn't. However Barrows defeat at Sheffield makes us safe.  I thought we played ok in spells. 

Jordan Lilly is IMO a total disgrace to the game certainly not a sportsman. I hope the review panel see this and serve some justice upon him.

Outclassed unfortunately but let’s celebrate safety ?

agree about Lilley.  No idea if it was high or not but as soon as he realised his job was done he was up like a shot. Shame as they’d have won easily anyway.  

If we do get a few bob out of their tenancy let’s hope we can beef up the squad for next year. 

Skye's got you the ball back 4-5 times from kick offs shame never did anything with it.

not the best of games strong wind made it hard for both teams today. Given the result at the start I'd of taken it normally always make it hard for us to take anything or beat us so result wise happy with. 

Congrats on the safety aswell has said hopefully the extra money helps you too beef up your squad.

Well we lost again and deservedly so, but I do question some of Jack Smith’s decisions; he sees offences that are not there and misses lots where penalties should be awarded. I believe he had a hand in three of Bradford’s tries. First one was when there was a kick and chase and our player was bundled into touch. From the ensuing scrum Bradford scored, but I think we should have been awarded a penalty as Ryan encroached within 10 metres and was thus offside, being ahead of the kick. Second was when the Dewsbury player grabbed the ball on the ground, facing his posts, but was given as a knock-on. Try scored. Third, in the second half, a Bradford player danced behind a teammate who had his arms in the air; still obstruction., but a try was scored. 

I suppose the highlights will give us the answers. 

Aside from all that it was clear that we were not good enough on attack and I was pleased we even scored. Could all that lack of attacking flair be through too many team changes each week? We’ve had an enormous number of players arrive and leave the club, which must mean that the team isn’t settled and moves have been difficult to learn or remember.

Could it also mean that the players brought in, on loan or not, haven’t the quality to play consistently at Championship level?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Could all that lack of attacking flair be through too many team changes each week? We’ve had an enormous number of players arrive and leave the club, which must mean that the team isn’t settled and moves have been difficult to learn or remember.

Nope.  I think we’ve had a fairly settled team of late and it ain’t made one iota of difference. 

Its more likely be down to half backs, forwards generally starting a “run” while  walking, no backing up, a distinct inability or desire to offload and only having one centre all season.   In my opinion of course?

Before BSJ reminds me we have got to take all this against the relative spending power that we don’t have. 

Couldn't go to the game but watched the highlights and just looking at the card incidents.

Knowles sending off was a yellow card at most and maybe a yellow card for Lilley for faking an inury.

Owen Trout's yellow card was laughable, it was two players nowhere near the ball colliding. If that was the benchmark, the Bulls player who grabbed hold of him earlier in the play should have been binned as well. And definitely not as bad at the Bulls player taking Gabriel out in the air. That should have been a yellow for reckless play.

All the tries for both teams were fairly soft ones though.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Couldn't go to the game but watched the highlights and just looking at the card incidents.

Knowles sending off was a yellow card at most and maybe a yellow card for Lilley for faking an inury.

Owen Trout's yellow card was laughable, it was two players nowhere near the ball colliding. If that was the benchmark, the Bulls player who grabbed hold of him earlier in the play should have been binned as well. And definitely not as bad at the Bulls player taking Gabriel out in the air. That should have been a yellow for reckless play.

I'd like to see the review panel take further action against Lilly, its just cheating. It probably wouldn't have had a bearing on the game but there's no place for it. 

I too didn't see much wrong with the collision that lead to Trout's sin bin 6 of one and half a dozen of the other!

I also failed to see Garret knock the ball on when he intercepted it. 

Some of Smith's decisions were (IMO) dubious, to say the least. 

Oh well here's to next season 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Yes this game and the Sheffield game, he gave us 2 reds and 6 yellows. Don't know how this compares other games he refs, but it's more than anyone else has given us by far.

It wasn't just against us before we become paranoid. At Sheffield he gave some calls against them that were equally baffling as he did against the Bulls yesterday. At one point I felt that they were getting unduly favoured due to them constantly chatting with him, but Sykes then proved me wrong. ?

Unfortunately, from being one of the most promising new referees, he has declined to not actually being very good. He is very decisive though, so that must make up for it.

4 hours ago, NickD said:

Nope.  I think we’ve had a fairly settled team of late and it ain’t made one iota of difference. 

Its more likely be down to half backs, forwards generally starting a “run” while  walking, no backing up, a distinct inability or desire to offload and only having one centre all season.   In my opinion of course?

Before BSJ reminds me we have got to take all this against the relative spending power that we don’t have. 

Well York clearly proved my sweeping premise wrong Nick (as have Bradford but in another way). I would expect that the coach having from now until February 2020 to select his personal squad, within budget of course, things should improve. The late recruitment is what held us back this season we are told, so the proof of that should be there to be seen next year.

Agreed BSJ - some ill informed comments at the Batley game against Lee but he did not knock on 10 times in the first half - at least our ball control was better yesterday, but flaky defence again. With a full pre season ahead we can hope to be a bit more competitive and not in yet another relegation dog fight. At least in my profession I can always find a bright side....

Archived