18 Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wakefield Trinity KO 3pm

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/19 at 14:00

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

This is an ugly defeat for Hull KR. A defeat was bad enough, but the damage to their points difference is significant too.

Not quite as significant as it was when they kicked off.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

They've got Catalans away, who are in a bit of free fall; then London at home, who don't travel well; then Salford away, who do score points for fun.

Rovers have every opportunity to make points difference irrelevant. But if they don't win against London, they are doomed.

A win against Catalans isn't enough to settle the nerves.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Full tarm at a ground where what's left of the home fans are booing.

Hull KR 10 Wakey 38.

As RoyBoy has just pointed out to me, Trin coached by ex Hull FC favourite, Chris Chester.

15 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Rovers have every opportunity to make points difference irrelevant. But if they don't win against London, they are doomed.

I am not sure... Huddersfield now have Hull and Saints away. Last game Catalan at home. They may well be bottom when it comes to that last game.

10 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I am not sure... Huddersfield now have Hull and Saints away. Last game Catalan at home. They may well be bottom when it comes to that last game.

Meh, easy win against Hull. They put 55 on us last time!

Just think how much worse off their points difference would be had Hull lost by a more reasonable/expected scoreline (or had actually won).

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 16/08/2019 at 15:39, burke said:

Hull KR by at least 30. Wakefield have an incompetent coach who is surrounded by equally incompetent coaching and fitness staff. Chester keeps playing Miller and Brough who are without doubt the worst half backs in SL. In Broughs defense he was a very good player, the same cannot be said for Miller who has always been gash, Chester has no idea about game plan and his players are confused and leaderless. Chester has no idea of his best team and continues to play players in wrong positions. The team selection against Hull was criminal. Miller is without doubt the weakest captain ever at Trinity, who ever felt that Miller would be a good captain is an idiot. That said Chester cannot be blamed for been a buffoon, its not his fault. Chairman Carter is at fault for not acting months back when it was obvious that the team were in a relegation battle. 

Get off the fence.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

58 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They've got Catalans away, who are in a bit of free fall; then London at home, who don't travel well; then Salford away, who do score points for fun.

Rovers won't win in South of france IMO.

51 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Should make Trinity safe with our points difference being far superior to KR and the Broncos. 

But anything can happen ...

Famous last words, I would be saying nothing at this moment in time. Leeds fans were saying same thing last week and all of a sudden  a few results squeeze things yet again. Sure they have the advantage of the points difference as do yourselves but right now no-one knows how things are going to pan out when the realisation dawns on some (players) that they need to step up. CC final is just going to be a pre match warmer upper for the following three weeks!

14 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Famous last words, I would be saying nothing at this moment in time. Leeds fans were saying same thing last week and all of a sudden  a few results squeeze things yet again. Sure they have the advantage of the points difference as do yourselves but right now no-one knows how things are going to pan out when the realisation dawns on some (players) that they need to step up. CC final is just going to be a pre match warmer upper for the following three weeks!

Hence 'But anything can happen ...'

On 16/08/2019 at 15:39, burke said:

Hull KR by at least 30. Wakefield have an incompetent coach who is surrounded by equally incompetent coaching and fitness staff. Chester keeps playing Miller and Brough who are without doubt the worst half backs in SL. In Broughs defense he was a very good player, the same cannot be said for Miller who has always been gash, Chester has no idea about game plan and his players are confused and leaderless. Chester has no idea of his best team and continues to play players in wrong positions. The team selection against Hull was criminal. Miller is without doubt the weakest captain ever at Trinity, who ever felt that Miller would be a good captain is an idiot. That said Chester cannot be blamed for been a buffoon, its not his fault. Chairman Carter is at fault for not acting months back when it was obvious that the team were in a relegation battle. 

Whoops...

f3gms4.jpg

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

HKR won't beat Catalan.

12 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

If HKR can't win in France they deserve to go down. Catalans are rubbish.

Catalans need to win at the Gile Brutus not for the points but for their pride and faithful fans, the silence from the home crowd was deafening against London, they will have gone home from the stadium chunnering and very dissapointed, the team need to put in a performance next up which I think they will and unfortunately that is HKR, I can see a result that will also not do Rovers any good in their points for and against.

Archived