18 Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/19 at 14:00

6 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Some decent Hudds players listed on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/49333428

Watts missing for cas?

I.Senior, L.Senior, Jake Wardle, Russell, Hewitt, Wilson are all recent academy graduates, not to mention English who can't play this week, Holmes has played 4 games since being recalled from a loan spell at Featherstone, Walne has only played 3 times since a bad injury in the first week of the season, Roberts and Ikahihifo have been bit part players this season.

Big, big ask for the giants!

Hudds 0 Cas 10.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

54 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Pathetic by Huddersfield to be nilled at home twice in succession. Something’s gone badly wrong there, and I don’t mean the cowbells 

Even they appear to have given up.

Today was depressing, I'm usually fairly positive, but the only positive i can find from today is that Cas weren't at their best and so it was "only" 24-0!

We look totally devoid of ideas, we have zero creativity, some of the players appear to be going through the motions to have their contracts null and voided, part of me is now thinking relegation may not be so bad after all, obviously, presuming we are sound financially.

I feel for Ken, i feel for Simon and i feel for the young lads who have been thrown in at the deep end and are receiving very little help from the senior pro's around them, I sat through the game almost disinterested, i have rarely felt like that in 30 years of supporting Huddersfield.

I just want this season to end tonight.

I actually think from the very top. the Giants are seeking relegation, as Thewlis has said on many occasions the giants don’t want a reserve team. And Thewlis is a big part of the problem at the giants. Relegation means they don’t have to have a reserve grade, the cynic in me thinks Ken Davey is winding the club up to make it cheaper to run on a part time basis in the championship or even league 1. This will be the last year the Giants perform in super league....

28 minutes ago, meast said:

for Ken, i feel for Simon and i feel for the young lads who have been thrown in at the deep end and are receiving very little help from the senior pro's around them, 

Sadly you gave good answers to my earlier posts asking players to step up and were proved correct. 

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Pathetic by Huddersfield to be nilled at home twice in succession. Something’s gone badly wrong there, and I don’t mean the cowbells 

What in your opinion has gone wrong then? for me it is Simon Woolford, he may technically be a good coach but when he opens his mouth can anyone really take him seriously. There are people who by the power of their voice can get their point across even if not coherently, then there are those who no matter how much sense they speak no one listens because they sound so dull, unfortunately after hearing him in pre and  post match interviews on the TV Simon fits perfectly in that category, shame not his fault but it is a way of life.

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What in your opinion has gone wrong then? for me it is Simon Woolford, he may technically be a good coach but when he opens his mouth can anyone really take him seriously. There are people who by the power of their voice can get their point across even if not coherently, then there are those who no matter how much sense they speak no one listens because they sound so dull, unfortunately after hearing him in pre and  post match interviews on the TV Simon fits perfectly in that category, shame not his fault but it is a way of life.

I can only speak of what I’ve seen on TV and one game at Ealing but to my eyes Huddersfield are the rugby equivalent of a Route 1 side.

They are a direct and powerful side but have all the imagination of a tub of lard.

Like with Steve Price, Woolford appears to have done a distance learning course in NRL-Approved Formulaic Rugby League-By-Numbers from the University of Woolloomooloo.

I can’t speak of Woolford’s man-management skills but if he’s lost the respect of the players who he needs to implement his dull rugby then it’s a pretty toxic mix. 

On 18/08/2019 at 18:19, meast said:

Even they appear to have given up.

Today was depressing, I'm usually fairly positive, but the only positive i can find from today is that Cas weren't at their best and so it was "only" 24-0!

We look totally devoid of ideas, we have zero creativity, some of the players appear to be going through the motions to have their contracts null and voided, part of me is now thinking relegation may not be so bad after all, obviously, presuming we are sound financially.

I feel for Ken, i feel for Simon and i feel for the young lads who have been thrown in at the deep end and are receiving very little help from the senior pro's around them, I sat through the game almost disinterested, i have rarely felt like that in 30 years of supporting Huddersfield.

I just want this season to end tonight.

It was certainly grim stuff to watch Martin. As you have posted,  the lack of creativity is worrying and it seems to have become more marked in recent games. Playing Gaskell at fullback is understandable but it makes it harder for him to influence the attacking side. There is so little creativity it appears to make it easy for the opposing teams to defend. The low risk style of rugby got Fartown up the pitch to a certain extent but little time was spent in Cas' twenty and hardly any pressure applied. The nerves and lack of confidence were evident in the number and kind of mistakes made in the second half. The team  lacks leaders and old heads who can influence the games sufficiently and consistently.   

Congratulations to Cas.

Archived