17 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 5pm

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/08/19 at 16:00

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love Salford to win but the defeat of Huddersfield wasn't as convincing as it seems and Hull have two much to play for. Having won the last 3 games Salford  due a defeat, based on the law of averages, so, Hull by 10. Sincerely hope I'm wrong. I won't be going because Hull have no match programme. Leigh Miners Rangers .v. Hunslet Club Parkside for me instead.

33 minutes ago, Celtic Roosters said:

I would love Salford to win but the defeat of Huddersfield wasn't as convincing as it seems and Hull have two much to play for. Having won the last 3 games Salford  due a defeat, based on the law of averages, so, Hull by 10. Sincerely hope I'm wrong. I won't be going because Hull have no match programme. Leigh Miners Rangers .v. Hunslet Club Parkside for me instead.

You have mentioned that about the programmes before. I still think it's a strange reason not to go to a game but hey, that's up to you.

As for the game. A win all but wraps up a playoff place for Hull and in all probability (I don't think Wire will beat Wigan) would push us up to 2nd. I expect us to treat the game as must win, and I think we will. Although Salford have proven themselves to be a very dangerous side and we will have to be on it.

Hull 30 - 22 Salford

1 hour ago, Celtic Roosters said:

I think you will find that Salford have won four on the bounce:

Warry away, Catalans home,, London away and Fartowners at home

5 on the bounce here we come.

34 minutes ago, John Boriston said:

I think you will find that Salford have won four on the bounce:

Warry away, Catalans home,, London away and Fartowners at home

5 on the bounce here we come.

Oh, I do hope so, but I fear this may prove a game too far and Hull will scupper our top 5 chances.

I hope I am wrong and, allowing my heart to rule my head (aka hedging my bets), Salford by 10. Fingers crossed!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Amazing the the HDM mention that Buchanan, Logan and Minichiello are all missing from the squad, then name them in it.  Also, that Sika Manu and Micky Paea return yet are not listed.  Highly skilled these journalists.

Hull by 12.  Connor will have to start playing like a stand off as he’s up against a good player.

On 15/08/2019 at 13:40, Lowdesert said:

Amazing the the HDM mention that Buchanan, Logan and Minichiello are all missing from the squad, then name them in it.  Also, that Sika Manu and Micky Paea return yet are not listed.  Highly skilled these journalists.

Hull by 12.  Connor will have to start playing like a stand off as he’s up against a good player.

HDM and journalists in the same thread. Must be a misprint.

Huge game in the context of getting a top 5 spot.

Both teams have been up and down performance wise so you could say this should be a tight one, but as we've seen throughout, form means sqaut so one team could be at the races and the other absolute dirge, in which case could be an easy win for one.

I'm going to go with FC by 5, Sneyd DG near the end, natch.

Richard Gay looks up for this one - Hull by 17 ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Fair smattering of about 200 Salford fans in the North Stand, credit to them.

20190817_170146.jpg

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Faraimo error, Salford score in ensuing set.

0-6.

Inu error and Hull score in the ensuing set...a pattern is emerging.

6-6.

Mickey Paea in

12-6.

Reds go for the intercept and Faraimo scores.

16-6.

Archived