17 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v London Broncos KO 5pm (UK time) (TV)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/08/19 at 16:00

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London have shown so much character this year.

They are an absolute credit to their coach and their performances reflect very well on him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Click said:

Who would of guessed that Bird would of been yellowed? Absolute grub of a player. It is a real shame because he has so much skill as a player.

That's what rankles. Everyone knows how good he can be when he's just playing Rugby, but he chooses to bring this extra element to his game, which is not needed, and taints the sport as a whole.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I really thought that Catalans would of come into this game really pumped up, wanting to play good rugby, and to put a good score on us. After what happened last week with their performance, and what the crowd must remember from the Warrington game - But they've come out and served absolutely nothing up. All they can do is give the ball to Kasiano or Edwards and hope they do something with it. Gigot has been largely absent, Langi shows he isn't a half that can lead any team, Bird delivers a typical Bird performance. I think they are clearly suffering from having McIlorm and Tomkins banned from that Warrington game, in what was such an unneeded incident.

FT - 4 - 17 to the Broncos, great defence by London - Great character shown. They wouldn't let the Catalans forwards get the upper hand and bulldozer them. They can be very proud tonight. 

Pressure put back on the other teams at the bottom of the table!

What a day for cheering on capital city-based clubs, eh?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

People won't like this result it will mean more interest in the bottom of the division than the top. 

Judging by the thread, plenty of people like this result.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Click said:

I really thought that Catalans would of come into this game really pumped up, wanting to play good rugby, and to put a good score on us. After what happened last week with their performance, and what the crowd must remember from the Warrington game - But they've come out and served absolutely nothing up. All they can do is give the ball to Kasiano or Edwards and hope they do something with it. Gigot has been largely absent, Langi shows he isn't a half that can lead any team, Bird delivers a typical Bird performance. I think they are clearly suffering from having McIlorm and Tomkins banned from that Warrington game, in what was such an unneeded incident.

Yes. Catalan won that game against Wire. Deservedly. But then gave away 2 suspensions, needlessly in the last minute.  So as a result they serve up an inept display.

I am not sure who else is missing, but I would have thought a good performance from a regulation rugged Catalan pack ought to lay down a suitable platform for any backs they had available.  The club and its players need to put their heads straight.

Catalans had their cup final in Barcelona at the nou camp, I said it felt like a final with the atmosphere and the way the players got themselves up for it, hopefully McNamara will now blood a few young French players when it's not mathematically possible to qualify, 

Leeds, Hull KR and Wakefield remaining for London, all potentially winnable games. Final round Wakefield v London at Belle Vue could well be a relegation decider. They've already won more games than any previous bottom club has done.

Great win by London.  To be asked to play twice in France is tough for any side but must be more so for the side facing relegation.  As mentioned earlier, with three other teams on the same comp points as them at present, and having the chance to play two of those teams before the season ends, their fate now is largely in their own hands.  Exciting stuff but for a London fan, very nerve wracking too!

45 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

London have shown so much character this year.

They are an absolute credit to their coach and their performances reflect very well on him.

Fair play to them 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Click said:

Who would of guessed that Bird would of been yellowed? Absolute grub of a player. It is a real shame because he has so much skill as a player.

It was funny last week when the ref pulled together the 2 captains to tell them to speak to their players , it was Bird and Ferres , 2 of the nastiest pieces of work we've ever seen 

1 hour ago, Click said:

The RFL should do something about the penalty that he won in the first half that got Krasniqi sin binned. How could the referee be the only one that didn't see what he did?

Archived