17 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v London Broncos KO 5pm (UK time) (TV)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/08/19 at 16:00

Great win for London, really played as a team, worked for each other and took their chances well, Ward must be very satisfied and proud that they put in performance's like that when the odds are against them.  Taking nothing away from London but Catalans are a absolute shower, totally disinterested, prepared to let the next guy do the work and full of errors. Mcbanana may be rubbish as a coach but it's a ongoing thing with them whether the coach is French, English or Australian. It comes down to their recruitment in the end, signing the dregs that the NRL has banished doesn't help but adding grub's like Tompkins and Maclorum to it is foolish to say the least and who do they sign for next season? James Maloney! must keep their quota up if Bird is finally retiring ?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Who then other than London do these people want to see relegated?

For me, the answer is "Anyone but London." HTH

Oh, and "Anyone but Salford."

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Well, that was a weird one! I think Danny Ward summed it up very well post-match when he said the game plan went out the window early on and it was just 80 minutes of guts and hard work. And the whole 17 showed plenty of both.

Great to see young Hindmarsh come into the team and do well, he was excellent for us in the Championship last season but has found game time scarce this season, so I'm pleased for him. And the new boy Armitage showed up well too; carried the ball in, made some tackles, took a couple of high shots.

Catalans are a club I like, especially being outsiders like ourselves, but they currently have a very unlikeable team. Lots of cheap shots, lots of niggle, lots of whinging - and not a lot of attractive rugby. They need to re-assess their approach to the game.

One comment re the ref (which I try to avoid) is that I can discount the mistakes, we all make them, but I thought he was very weak today. That's a real problem, especially with a team like Catalans.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Judging by the thread, plenty of people like this result.

The format was changed because allegedly the 8's were more popular than the top of SL and people were moaning about that,  this result has really put the focus on the bottom indeed if it was not there already, not taking anything away from London in fact I find the bottom of SL totally fascinating far more interesting  than the top.

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Judging by the thread, plenty of people like this result.

Brilliant performance from the Broncos, thoroughly deserved. The fox is in the hen house now.

40 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The format was changed because allegedly the 8's were more popular than the top of SL and people were moaning about that,  this result has really put the focus on the bottom indeed if it was not there already, not taking anything away from London in fact I find the bottom of SL totally fascinating far more interesting  than the top.

But to be fair, it's been one of those seasons where top has ran away with it again (three years on the bounce).

You get years where the bottom is well relegated halfway through the season too.

The race for 2nd now runs down to 6th place. Catalans would have been in with a shot had they not blown this too.

2 points seperate 2nd to 6th.

2 points seperate 8th to 12th.

The team in 2nd is 4 points closer to finishing bottom than they are top.

Had Hull not bottled it today, they'd have been in 2nd with a negative points difference.

It really is a crazy year.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 hours ago, barnyia said:

Catalans had their cup final in Barcelona at the nou camp, I said it felt like a final with the atmosphere and the way the players got themselves up for it, hopefully McNamara will now blood a few young French players when it's not mathematically possible to qualify, 

Yeah, it's almost like they won the / a replay of the challenge cup final, at Barcelona and then went "that's it lads, job done, hang up yer boots".

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

But to be fair, it's been one of those seasons where top has ran away with it again (three years on the bounce).

You get years where the bottom is well relegated halfway through the season too.

The race for 2nd now runs down to 6th place. Catalans would have been in with a shot had they not blown this too.

2 points seperate 2nd to 6th.

2 points seperate 8th to 12th.

The team in 2nd is 4 points closer to finishing bottom than they are top.

Had Hull not bottled it today, they'd have been in 2nd with a negative points difference.

It really is a crazy year.

I think it is in the main the fans of those clubs below who are vying for postition at the top who will be the one's interested in the jockeying for places below Saints, whilst I consider everyone is fascinated by the relegation battle.

Not really a crazy year in respect of as you say the top has been settled now for tgree years, I would also add in that 3 years there has been a fierce contest at the bottom to avoid the 8's and now auto relegation, yes happening one year would be a crazy situation, 2 years on the bounce a coincidence, but 3 years that could becoming the norm.

I can't see a new name on the Grand Final merit board this year (either Saints or Wigan and I am not sure which one) nor in the immediate next few years either, but I can still envisage that the relegation battle will continue to be contested for a long time yet, unless we move to 14 teams including T.O. and TWP neither of those two will be strong enough.

Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

what a farcical game this was its as though the rfl are doing the best to keep london up.theres no way on earth london would beat catalans twice in one season leeds and also saints.wait and see how the london v leeds game is reffed.

Poppycock. 

10 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Well, that was a weird one! I think Danny Ward summed it up very well post-match when he said the game plan went out the window early on and it was just 80 minutes of guts and hard work. And the whole 17 showed plenty of both.

Well,having watched 80 minutes of dross at the KCom yesterday, I hope Radford has a video of this game and shows it to the players. We put 17 turnstiles on the pitch yesterday and got exactly what we deserved.

A big rap to the Broncos and a warning to all the teams around them.

44 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

what a farcical game this was its as though the rfl are doing the best to keep london up.theres no way on earth london would beat catalans twice in one season leeds and also saints.wait and see how the london v leeds game is reffed.

Wrong 

I just saw an inept and disinterested rabble give London the game on a plate. 

Reminded much of a typical Leeds United performance.  Possession, territory and scoring opportunities about 80:20 but still lose.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, ihaveatry said:

Let me guess Wakefield fan?..... or Huddersfield? 

Just now, The Daddy said:

Let me guess Wakefield fan?..... or Huddersfield? 

Whitehaven fan I think, going by his posts on the Workington forum. So if he has seen every single London game that's a hell of an effort to see a team he doesn't like. 

11 hours ago, JohnM said:

I'd previously felt that Tomkins wasnt contributing much, but he has been returning to form more recently,  They really missed him tonight I felt. Don't expect much from Catalans until he returns from suspension. 

I'll agree, much as a hate his antics sometimes, he has been getting back to his best.

Archived