16 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/08/2019 at 13:25, muckymunksy said:

Wigan by 14 

Cant see Wire finishing in the top 5

Really?

I think they will, third or fourth but they'll deffo be in it IMO.

Wigan/Cas/Catalans win and it brings 2nd to 7th within 2 points of each other!

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Really?

I think they will, third or fourth but they'll deffo be in it IMO.

Wigan/Cas/Catalans win and it brings 2nd to 7th within 2 points of each other!

Such a close league this season... Most exciting ever for a regular season in the SL era? I can't remember one as close at both ends (play offs and relegation), but I do seem to remember a game that was between two teams for who made it into the play offs (might have been either Wakefield or Cas or both but can't remember!).

Wire are clearly capable of winning, we have shown that this year already, but we need to step out form up. Outside of that semi final our form has been off for pretty much 2 months now seeing us blow a strong lead in 2nd place.

I'd hope we are fully focused tonight as a win at Wigan is always good for confidence before a Wembley trip.

A strong game from Ratch, Clarke, Goodwin and the forwards, with a strong showing from BMM could give us the win.

If I had to out money on it would be on Wigan, but we are no mugs.

32 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

This weather will make it very difficult. Can't see anything beyond a huge forward battle.

Bring on golden point!

First Super League game to end in a draw after going to golden point would do nicely.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Why oh why oh why did Wire bin off a now fit Kevin Brown for Matty Smith?

I suppose because Brown is still a massive injury risk and wasnt passed fit at deadline day.

Brown hasn't played and been fit for over 8 months.

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Why oh why oh why did Wire bin off a now fit Kevin Brown for Matty Smith?

Not bothered if he can show some form for my club, if he can and is be as influential as he has been in the past and guide Leigh around the field we may just surprise a few in the play-offs.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Price's interview there sums up why I'm not a fan of him in the slightest. 

I thought that was odd too. Rain is generally a leveller for a weaker side against a stronger one as it limits the opportunity for skilful play.

To openly hope for a downpour doesn't say that he's confident in his side or it's attacking ability.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Price's interview there sums up why I'm not a fan of him in the slightest. 

My first impression of him last year was Price is a dud and I haven’t changed my mind.

He comes across as having learned to be a coach via a distance learning course in NRL Approved Formulaic Rugby League at the University Of Woolloomooloo.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not bothered if he can show some form for my club, if he can and is be as influential as he has been in the past and guide Leigh around the field we may just surprise a few in the play-offs.

Bit of a coup for the Championship. Any club would rather have Kevin Brown than Matty Smith.

8 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I thought that was odd too. Rain is generally a leveller for a weaker side against a stronger one as it limits the opportunity for skilful play.

To openly hope for a downpour doesn't say that he's confident in his side or it's attacking ability.

I've never seen a coach so excited about rain, it is frankly embarrassing. 

This is one of our biggest rivals, who we have beaten 3 times this year and sit above in the league. And we are approaching it like a lower league team.

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

My first impression of him last year was Price is a dud and I haven’t changed my mind.

He comes across as having learned to be a coach via a distance learning course in NRL Approved Formulaic Rugby League at the University Of Woolloomooloo.

I should qualify that he seems a perfectly nice guy, but I dont want to date him, I want him to lead my RL team and entertain me.

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Bit of a coup for the Championship. Any club would rather have Kevin Brown than Matty Smith.

I'd rather have a case of matted hair than Matty Smith, Leigh have had his heir apparent this season on loan from Wigan - Josh Wood, like Smith he sits back completely contact avoidance doesn't take the ball in or gets involved in defence, not a Championship type player as I would suggest Smith would not be.

18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Three out of three finals good job he isn't very good.

Thaler is hot on these forward passes, but flops in every tackle are fine.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived