15 Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m a Saints fan and as weird as it sounds I’m getting bored of us being so good. 

Baffling. Do you not remember the misery of the Potter/Simmons/Cunningham periods just a short time ago? Or the number of big games we've bottled over the last decade? Maybe if we were on the back of five years of winning every trophy available

Shows just how much Leeds need to improve/ship out deadwood before they can hope to match it with the likes of Saints and I hope that's  put paid to the mistaken belief that Agars the man to do it, his past record suggests otherwise and I don't think he's suddenly become a coaching guru?

Just now, JohnM said:

Me too....but I'm a Wigan fan. ?

Sky reporters are praising Holbrook for managing his squad.

Just about every team in the league all rotated their squads a lot more than Saints, but were forced to by injuries. Usually lots of them.  That's one reason  Saints are "So good".

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Sky reporters are praising Holbrook for managing his squad.

Just about every team in the league all rotated their squads a lot more than Saints, but were forced to by injuries. Usually lots of them.  That's one reason  Saints are "So good".

I'd have given you that last season as aside from Walmsley missing most of the year we did incredibly well on the injury front, but that simply isn't the case this year. Roby, Walmsley, Coote, Thompson, Taia, Fages and Percival have all missed decent chunks of the season through injury. Holbrook has still chosen to rotate others bit by bit through the season on top of that, pretty much from the start, which has helped keep them fitter and reduced the risk of injury. This time last year we looked knackered and I do think Holbrook deserves praise for learning from that mistake.

Easier to rotate youngsters and fringe squad players into a winning team mind.

Leeds are atrocious at defending and they have some players that simply baffle me. How that Briscoe and Myler have hoodwinked people into giving them money to play Rugby League as a full-time job is just bizarre. 

We took our foot off the gas at the end and Leeds made it more respectable. 

On to a proper game now. 

28 minutes ago, Moove said:

Baffling. Do you not remember the misery of the Potter/Simmons/Cunningham periods just a short time ago? Or the number of big games we've bottled over the last decade? Maybe if we were on the back of five years of winning every trophy available

Yeah true, 100%, I have a short memory, though it would be good to have at least one other team challenging at the top. 

Some saints fans need to remember they’ve not won anything of worth just yet before starting with the arrogance.

Saints are a very good side and it’s a lot easier for younger players to slot into a well drilled system, Leeds looked like what they are a lower table side and Saints have done what they did tonight to every team in SL at some point this season (bar London ironically)

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Some saints fans need to remember they’ve not won anything of worth just yet before starting with the arrogance.

I wasn’t being arrogant, I am just genuinely a bit bored of it and can’t wait to get to the play offs to spice things up. My other concern that it is turning neutrals off at a time when we need more fans. As an example a couple of blokes at work who I have got into RL and who watch at least one game most weeks are saying exactly that.

I don’t enjoy seeing us win by 30 points all the time, just like I don’t enjoy one sided football matches. It must be like being a Celtic fan, though admittedly they do it every year and as is continually pointed out we’ve won nowt yet. 

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I wasn’t being arrogant, I am just genuinely a bit bored of it and can’t wait to get to the play offs to spice things up. My other concern that it is turning neutrals off at a time when we need more fans. As an example a couple of blokes at work who I have got into RL and who watch at least one game most weeks are saying exactly that.

I don’t enjoy seeing us win by 30 points all the time, just like I don’t enjoy one sided football matches. It must be like being a Celtic fan, though admittedly they do it every year and as is continually pointed out we’ve won nowt yet. 

Do they like Football?

Archived