15 Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/19 at 18:45

Don't agree. In my view, the only team that deserves to win the Grand Final is the one that scores the most points in that game. That may or may not be St Helens. We can always hope, though. 

As for the standard of SL, it is in my view as high as it has ever been,  and has provided some excellent games. Saints in particular (and sadly) are an excellent team coached by an excellent coach. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

and Saints have done what they did tonight to every team in SL at some point this season (bar London ironically)

Actually they have done it to London. They've played them 3 times this year and on the 2 occasions they've fielded weakened teams they've lost, but on the 1 occasion they fielded a fairly strong team London were totally dominated and kept scoreless.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

So Saints fans on here - and aren’t there a lot of them all of a sudden - are bored of being soooooo much better then the plebs in the rest of the game? Wow. 

You’re completely missing my point, deliberately no doubt so you can make a patronising jibe. 

58 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Saints have been good this season and deserve to win the GF, but let's be fair, the standard of the League has been probably the worst since SL started.

Don’t people say this nonsense year in, year out? If it were even remotely true, we’d be watching cavemen stomp around and beat each other with rocks by now. 

38 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

So Saints fans on here - and aren’t there a lot of them all of a sudden - are bored of being soooooo much better then the plebs in the rest of the game? Wow. 

No, just one of them. 

Having seen us win one trophy in eleven years, I want to win everything this year and next year and the year after that. While we’ve not had it as bad as some, the rugby we’ve had under the likes of Potter, Brown, Simmons and Cunningham was dour and dull and to see us wiping the floor with everyone is selfishly great and long may it continue. 

5 minutes ago, Swansea Jack said:

Why do Leeds not stop it. And the incessant drumming. Do fans nearby not hate it?

I wish they would Jack, I hate it and at present stand on the western terrace. I think it's now perceived it's part of the furniture of the south stand.

Nothings a given for Saints .As i keep reminding people , the Grand Final is usually played on a windy night when it`s p*****g down , and then it`s who has the best kicking game and makes the least mistakes , not necessarily the flashiest Rugby Team .

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Don't agree. In my view, the only team that deserves to win the Grand Final is the one that scores the most points in that game. That may or may not be St Helens. We can always hope, though. 

As for the standard of SL, it is in my view as high as it has ever been,  and has provided some excellent games. Saints in particular (and sadly) are an excellent team coached by an excellent coach. 

SL is terrible at the top end. the 00's and the very start of this decade you had at least 3/4 high quality teams around this Saints teams level  battling it out who when they played each other provided great entertainment and 2/3 other teams just behind that in today's era would be top tier.

If London hadn't been fantastic and stuck to the script written for them at the start of the year and got battered and relegated by easter this would have been the worst season in living memory without doubt imo.

3 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Saint Fan, singular, with pretty much every other Saints fan calling him out on it. But well done, you've probably scored some "bestest Wigan Fan" points with your post.

3 minutes ago, SilentAssassin said:

SL is terrible at the top end. the 00's and the very start of this decade you had at least 3/4 high quality teams around this Saints teams level  battling it out who when they played each other provided great entertainment and 2/3 other teams just behind that in today's era would be top tier.

If London hadn't been fantastic and stuck to the script written for them at the start of the year and got battered and relegated by easter this would have been the worst season in living memory without doubt imo.

This decade has seen three winners and is likely to see at least two of those three in the play-off’s and the 00’s also had three winners, with one side winning four of the ten and the other two winning three apiece. 

Is that quality?

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

This decade has seen three winners and is likely to see at least two of those three in the play-off’s and the 00’s also had three winners, with one side winning four of the ten and the other two winning three apiece. 

Is that quality?

I don't really know what your point is? i am talking about the general standard of the competition. Yes, back in the day we had few winners and have still up to this day but the quality at the top was far better and the games between the big teams produced some real classics.

If we are judging quality on the majority of the competition being mediocre to garbage thus providing closeness on the ladder then fair enough, but i judge on what i see on the field and very little is making me want to go out of my way to watch the game as a neutral these days and i consider myself a RL diehard. 

8 minutes ago, SilentAssassin said:

I don't really know what your point is? i am talking about the general standard of the competition. Yes, back in the day we had few winners and have still up to this day but the quality at the top was far better and the games between the big teams produced some real classics.

If we are judging quality on the majority of the competition being mediocre to garbage thus providing closeness on the ladder then fair enough, but i judge on what i see on the field and very little is making me want to go out of my way to watch the game as a neutral these days and i consider myself a RL diehard. 

How are you measuring this?

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

You started it, so prove your point.  What are your criteria?  How do teams measure up? 

i started nothing. I said i believed the standards at the top end had dropped off significantly and if you read my posts above you will see that. Saints are a million miles ahead of the rest with a team that would compete well with the likes of Saints, Wigan, Bulls, Leeds and the Wire teams under Smith. a far from vintage Wigan have been poor much of the year up to the last couple of months but the league is that poor they are now on the verge of second spot. Cas are a shadow of the 2017 side yet still in with a great shout of a play off spot. Catalans and Salford on the cusp too despite some of the dross they have served up throughout the season. 

Anyway, it's all opinions. If yours is that everything is great then fair enough enjoy.

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’m a Saints fan and as weird as it sounds I’m getting bored of us being so good. 

You've won the league leaders and that's it ... so far, like last season it'll all count for nought until you finish the job, until then suggest less of the bragging, especially when it's like yours.

No-one should get bored of being good, it's entertaining, that's what you pay your money for isn't it, too be entertained?

I predicted fairly early last season Saints wouldn't win the two big trophies and I was right, this time around I expect you to win all three, but by god I hope you get left with egg on your face!

2 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

You've won the league leaders and that's it ... so far, like last season it'll all count for nought until you finish the job, until then suggest less of the bragging, especially when it's like yours.

No-one should get bored of being good, it's entertaining, that's what you pay your money for isn't it, too be entertained?

I predicted fairly early last season Saints wouldn't win the two big trophies and I was right, this time around I expect you to win all three, but by god I hope you get left with egg on your face!

It’s not bragging, I was merely stating that I’m getting bored of Saints winning every week and would prefer things to be more competitive. The fact that Wire are closer to London than they are Saints sums up how uncompetitive this season has been, in the league at least. Other people may not understand me feeling that way which is fine, I accept it’s probably unusual. 

56 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s not bragging, I was merely stating that I’m getting bored of Saints winning every week and would prefer things to be more competitive. The fact that Wire are closer to London than they are Saints sums up how uncompetitive this season has been, in the league at least. Other people may not understand me feeling that way which is fine, I accept it’s probably unusual. 

I think you’re getting a bit of stick because of the way you worded it, I get your sentiment I think we call agree that it would be better for the sport if more teams were as good as Saints at the moment but you shouldn’t be bored of Saints being good you never know if it will last.

It would be like me saying I was bored of Leeds beating Saints in the GF all the time ?

Archived