CEO

krakauer

19 hours ago, Loup said:

Chairman. CEO will come later.

I wonder if he'll be at tonight's Tackle Talks?

Did anyone go? Any info for plans with Lamport. It is interesting that he was involve with the BMO renovations as it is also a building connected to the city of Toronto. 

Bob Hunter was there last night. Seems a nice guy . Spent time going round the tables to speak with fans who were able to attend last nights function. The impression I got was that he felt there was a lot to do to improve the facilities for fans visiting Lamport . Both home and away support. He mentioned the need to up the level of food and drink available on match day. Also mentioned the need to improve the ground itself but didn't go into specifics. Basically it was a quick introduction to who he is for those who didn't already know and what his remit is going forward. He certainly gave out the right vibe and left nobody in any doubt he was on the case from day one. Hopefully we will get more details as to plans going forward soon but it certainly was an indication that the club has no intention of standing still .

I am confused by the statement which says Brian Noble will head up UK operations especially given the lates update at companies house which says he has resigned!   ... se below!

Brian David NOBLE

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
62-66, Deansgate, Manchester, England, M3 2EN
Role RESIGNED
Director
Appointed on
16 January 2017
Resigned on
9 August 2019
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Director

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

I am confused by the statement which says Brian Noble will head up UK operations especially given the lates update at companies house which says he has resigned!   ... se below!

Brian David NOBLE

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
62-66, Deansgate, Manchester, England, M3 2EN
Role RESIGNED
Director
Appointed on
16 January 2017
Resigned on
9 August 2019
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Director

Replaced by Martin Vickers on the UK company's board of directors, but still active as an employee.

This is the difference between being a Director of the Company (board of directors) and his day to day role of Director of Rugby. It gets confusing when one word (e.g. rugby, league, director) can have more than one meaning.

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

Replaced by Martin Vickers on the UK company's board of directors, but still active as an employee.

This is the difference between being a Director of the Company (board of directors) and his day to day role of Director of Rugby. It gets confusing when one word (e.g. rugby, league, director) can have more than one meaning.

Thanks .... I saw him at the Batley v Dewsbury game on Sunday and wondered if he was touting for a job!..

the previous time I saw him was when he was buying the beer in the maverick bar!!☺️

5 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

Bob Hunter was there last night. Seems a nice guy . Spent time going round the tables to speak with fans who were able to attend last nights function. The impression I got was that he felt there was a lot to do to improve the facilities for fans visiting Lamport . Both home and away support. He mentioned the need to up the level of food and drink available on match day. Also mentioned the need to improve the ground itself but didn't go into specifics. Basically it was a quick introduction to who he is for those who didn't already know and what his remit is going forward. He certainly gave out the right vibe and left nobody in any doubt he was on the case from day one. Hopefully we will get more details as to plans going forward soon but it certainly was an indication that the club has no intention of standing still .

My brother used to work with this guy.  He said that Bob is very positive, a very hard worker and the type of fella that gets things done...as in DONE!  Good signs all around.

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Thanks .... I saw him at the Batley v Dewsbury game on Sunday and wondered if he was touting for a job!..

the previous time I saw him was when he was buying the beer in the maverick bar!!☺️

I think what we are seeing now is Argyle separating the business aspects of the club from the Rugby guys.  That's why Martin Vickers is heading up the UK Company and why Bob Hunter and John Pellatt have been brought in on the NA side of the house.  Brian Noble is a great rugby mind but he isn't a businessman.  He got the Rugby team up and running but now they have brought in actual business people to run the financial/infrastructure side of the club and let people like Brian Noble and Brian McDermott focus on what they are good at:

Running a Rugby team.

13 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

Also, what happened to the thread about this on the main forum?

I reached out to the Forum Administrator Team.  Their reply....."The thread was removed due to numerous libellous comments having been posted within it".  I never even read one post in it.   

10 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I reached out to the Forum Administrator Team.  Their reply....."The thread was removed due to numerous libellous comments having been posted within it".  I never even read one post in it.   

The poster appears to have been one of the more outspoken regulars from RLFans Forum who had popped over here for a short visit. He/she/it made a similarly libellous post, which was quickly removed, on RLFans Forum.

Archived