Chris Kendall

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont recall seeing any issues with his performance last night... Seemed to correctly call forward passes.

I did enjoy around the 20-30 minute mark when Cutherburtson stripped the ball (After Saints first try?) and he gave the penalty, with the Leeds fans booing in the background, the replay comes up on the screen, clearly showing Cutherbutson stripping it, and they boo louder.

Do fans of other sports concentrate on the ref (and crowd numbers) as much as RL fans, just watch the game and remember that just like the players a ref will make a mistake now and then, Kendall was fine, I think the forward pass for handleys try was a 50/50 but you win some you lose some, the stripping the ball rule is ridiculously hard to referee again you win some you lose some.

The recent death threats to a referee should be a marker in the sand, concentrate on enjoying the sport and not criticising the ref

He was fine last night. Hicks with the knock on/not knock on try was arguably the most contentious call.

Kendall did referee slightly backward to normal by letting almost everything go early on, then in the second half giving both sides a couple of softer holding down penalties. But overall a good performance.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What’s your beef with Super League? 

Do you think that there is no abuse of referees in the lower leagues? Because if you do, you’re very, very wrong. 

Well the recent Catalans Dragons v Warrington game - and the recently reported utter nonsense of the resolution of a very serious matter

involving a Super League referee and,surprisingly, a supporter of a Super League side.

That is all.( I'm about to reply to you on another thread )  Enjoy the Game - Please see Dave T post above.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Well the recent Catalans Dragons v Warrington game - and the recently reported utter nonsense of the resolution of a very serious matter

involving a Super League referee and,surprisingly, a supporter of a Super League side.

That is all.( I'm about to reply to you on another thread )  Enjoy the Game - Please see Dave T post above.

So one incident and you’re painting out the whole league like that? 

The lower leagues is just as littered with fans whose sides can do no wrong but the referee is at fault for everything. 

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So one incident and you’re painting out the whole league like that? 

The lower leagues is just as littered with fans whose sides can do no wrong but the referee is at fault for everything. 

They need a new mindset,then.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

15 hours ago, Kevin fatboy said:

3rd time at headingley and as bad as ever, the game is supposed to be about 2 teams but every time we end talking about how ###### he is, no way he is super league standard 

Come on Fatboy you have been called out, what decisions did he get wrong.

What I did enjoy last night was how the Rhinos players interacted with their fans by passing the ball to them a number of times??

16 hours ago, Kevin fatboy said:

3rd time at headingley and as bad as ever, the game is supposed to be about 2 teams but every time we end talking about how ###### he is, no way he is super league standard 

Let's get something positive out of this.

https://www.rugby-league.com/get_involved/match_officials/become_a_match_official

Assuming your from Leeds, the contact details for the local refereeing society is on that link.

You can now easily get involved and lead the improvement that you believe is needed!

I thought this was going to be a post about praising a referee as I genuinely thought he controlled the game well. A great spectacle played at blistering pace at times.

Saints had a better 2nd half than Rhinos and scored due to their inability to control Kevin Naiqama but his performance was something else the steps and pace he injected was simply incredible and swung the game for the Saints.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I thought he had a decent game last night. I did think that the pass for Leeds disallowed try in the first half wasn't forward but I thought that was the touch judges call.

Initially, I also thought it must have been the tj's call but when I watched the replay, Kendall blew almost instantaneously and the tj didn't seem to break his stride so I reckon Kendall made the call.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

23 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Initially, I also thought it must have been the tj's call but when I watched the replay, Kendall blew almost instantaneously and the tj didn't seem to break his stride so I reckon Kendall made the call.

The commentaters mentioned that it was Kendall that made the call, rather than the TJ aswell. It seemed to quick for a call from the TJ to get through to him.

I was fine with the call, it was a marginal call that could of probably gone either way, but it did seem to drift forward slightly.

I'd rather have Chris Kendall than several other refs at this level. He normally allows the games to flow and gets the balance right between letting things go and pinging every trivial offence.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:01, Kevin fatboy said:

2nd time KF has posted and as bad as before.  The forum is supposed to be about exchanging constructively expressed opinions, but with KF the danger will be that every time we end up talking about how ###### his contributions are.  No way is he TRLFF standard!

On 15/08/2019 at 21:01, Kevin fatboy said:

This is embarrassing. I’m a Leeds fan but they didn’t lose because the referee, people over analysis referee performances

Archived