Attendances,Gate Money and figures

On 16/08/2019 at 10:26, Eddie said:

A bit undoubtedly, but agree not a great deal. 

I assume clubs make money from refreshment sales though, why wouldn’t they be able to make a profit on that?

A lot of stadiums franchise out refreshments so that they have a known fixed income, any increase in sales goes to the franchisee and not the stadium company or club.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

15 million live in the "North of England" and there are thousands and thousands and thousands of them worth well in excess of seven figures and plenty earning in excess of six...many more than  Bangalore , not sure what this is supposed to mean?

What you are worth isn't relevant, I'm talking about the salaries of the relative incomes to ticket prices, I did say this, but I should have said Northern RL fans to be more specific with respect to what's being discussed but in any case there are over 7500 millionaires in Bangalore, 8 billionaires.

There will be a higher number of middle/higher earners in the Bangalore region watching and paying for cricket tickets than same income earners than Northern RL fans catchment area.. 

IPL 1.8M (max capacity2.446M) at 30k average 2018), SL 1.18M 8568 (2017)

Low ticket prices (relative to incomes of those attending) are not working to sell to capacity for a sport and make profit and that with a multi billion $ TV deal, so why do you think cheap/er tickets would work for rugby league?

2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

What you are worth isn't relevant, I'm talking about the salaries of the relative incomes to ticket prices, I did say this, but I should have said Northern RL fans to be more specific with respect to what's being discussed but in any case there are over 7500 millionaires in Bangalore, 8 billionaires.

There will be a higher number of middle/higher earners in the Bangalore region watching and paying for cricket tickets than same income earners than Northern RL fans catchment area.. 

IPL 1.8M (max capacity2.446M) at 30k average 2018), SL 1.18M 8568 (2017)

Low ticket prices (relative to incomes of those attending) are not working to sell to capacity for a sport and make profit and that with a multi billion $ TV deal, so why do you think cheap/er tickets would work for rugby league?

There were over 50,000 millionaires just in Yorkshire and Lancashire at last count...many of whom are RL fans, indeed many own clubs...again not sure what the point is?

Archived