Match Thread: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 18th August 2019

Squad named for Sunday's game with one change, Ormondroyd makes way for Hardcastle, whose suspension has now finished.

Likely 2 of the 6 three-quarters (Carey, Johnson, Hardcastle, Sutcliffe, Render and Teteh) to miss out.

It's a huge game, win and a top 5 place is booked with the possibility of 3rd or 4th still realistic, lose and it opens things up again.

We beat York twice with plenty to spare earlier this year but they were struggling with injuries back then and have proved very tough at home.

Thought Swinton was the best we have played for a while so hopefully we can complete the treble. Good news that it's being streamed live on OurLeague.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Looking at that squad, still wondering what circumstances are going to see Spedding get a game. 

I'm thinking James Thornton scenario. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

58 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Depends on the relegation issue plus Tom's fitness.

leeds wont get in top 5 so finish against warrington sep 13th  in theory luke would be available  after that date they but probably don't  want him to play cos tom's acl will keep him out till this time next year

4 hours ago, POR said:

leeds wont get in top 5 so finish against warrington sep 13th  in theory luke would be available  after that date they but probably don't  want him to play cos tom's acl will keep him out till this time next year

I guess it depends on where Leeds see Luke fitting into their side, if they see him as a player who will come in for a game or two they may not worry because they will look to sign someone in the off season, alternatively if they see him as a long term replacement we have no chance of getting him. Only time will tell.

Does Harry Newman also qualify? Can't see him coming back to Fev though as he's now firmly entrenched into Rhinos' first team line-up? Plus he's also going on tour with England Knights at the end of the season.

14 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Ryan has stated Fev are underdogs for the game ?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/17843018.james-ford-calls-ryan-carr-39-s-comments-underdog-status-quot-bizarre-quot/

whatever , enjoy your visit to BC.

You haven't lost many lately and i may be wrong none at BC, the past two results between us count for nothing now so yes i agree with Ryan you are favourites for this but we relish being under dogs. Should be a good game and a decent crowd. 

2 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

You haven't lost many lately and i may be wrong none at BC, the past two results between us count for nothing now so yes i agree with Ryan you are favourites for this but we relish being under dogs. Should be a good game and a decent crowd. 

Only lost to Toronto , Toulouse and Sheffield at home in the league , as long as we see a good match we'll all be happy .

42 minutes ago, chris g said:

We will need to be on top form to pull this one off. This is York's last game at home, they will be desperate to win considering their remaining games.

Last ever game at Bootham Crescent too , new stadia SHOULD be ready for next season.

Gunna miss BC been many times to watch YC FC. but never seen Fev there so regardless of the result its a good day for me, I'll be back Bank Holiday Monday for City v Gateshead. Won't be same going out of the City but the new ground is long overdue. 

4 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Gunna miss BC been many times to watch YC FC. but never seen Fev there so regardless of the result its a good day for me, I'll be back Bank Holiday Monday for City v Gateshead. Won't be same going out of the City but the new ground is long overdue. 

If we play you at home early next season, it will be at Bootham Crescent. 

On 16/08/2019 at 23:16, Stirlin said:

Ryan has stated Fev are underdogs for the game ?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/17843018.james-ford-calls-ryan-carr-39-s-comments-underdog-status-quot-bizarre-quot/

whatever , enjoy your visit to BC.

Fordy taking exception to this!

To be fair it is the 4th placed team at home to the 5th placed team and there's only so long that York can fly under the radar, but of much more interest is the fact that he is either an avid reader of the Pontefract & Castleford Express (where this was published), or he's been googling Fev  & Ryan Carr for all he's worth!

In any event this is just the sort of thing coaches say to get their players mentally ready (I remember Jon Sharp bigging up Swinton like they were the Sydney Roosters).

Should be a cracking game. Fancy us to win if we can keep errors and penalties to reasonable errors, but York are dangerous in tight games (think they have won six of the seven games that have been decided by 1 score or less).

Archived