Match Thread: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 18th August 2019

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

As suggy said earlier.... fev are favs. York have been stroked a couple of times by fev this season. That and recent form would suggest fev favs.

But that doesn't follow that fev will win.

Yep...we all know Fev should be favs...we all know why Carr made those comments about being underdogs...we all know why Ford responded...

But none of us knows what the result will be.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Lee Caswell said:

Hi, anyone aware of where to park closer than the hospital and suggested car parks? There all around 800 yds and the old man will struggle to walk that far?!

Drop him at the ground, then go and park? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

58 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Based on previous posts on here and on the facebook groups it sounds like there isnt much parking near the ground and its all off street close to the ground so my advise is that & set off early

Loads of parking in the side streets around the ground, all within a 5 minute walk. Look to the streets off of Burton Stone Lane 

Listened to Rovers Tv and they said York were the better Team on the day and deserved the win which is fair enough.She said we looked really tired towards the middle of the second half.For me thats how it goes and I believe we can beat Batley convincingly in a couple of weeks.Chin up you can’t win em all.

We should have been out of sight after an hour. 12-0 and looking really solid with 5 mins to go at half time before one defensive lapse saw them break away and Chisholm got sin binned. They scored on the next two sets and went in 12-10 down at HT. Think we paid the price for making a lot of substitutions in the early stages, Albert came off at 12 minutes and we had used all of Cooper, Makatoa and Davies quite early and we didn't have the energy to cope with 12 men.

We got back on top early in the 2nd half but bombed at least 3 obvious scoring chances, and with 65 minutes gone they still hadn't looked like scoring bar the two tries when we were down to 12 men, but one more defensive lapse and they took the ball to our line. We held them out and seemed to have Horne wrapped up on the 6th tackle but somehow he got it down.

Credit to York as they have a real habit of grinding it out in these close games and have had a terrific season, but from our point of view that was one we really should have had sewn up a long way before the end.

Should have gone for try rather than goal on that penalty. Fair enough if it's in the dying minutes or it would have given us a 6 or more point lead but to gain 4 point lead was a waste, showed them we thought we couldn't score a try rather than the opposite even if we hadn't of got a try from it. 

Best team won we looked devoid of ideas at times, lost ball twice over line and again when attacking round about same time, we've beat em twice so hopefully we get another crack against em again. 

Threw it away! 12-0 up and cruising York not in the game and creating nothing till chizzy gets binned

Bombed 3 tries in the second half, York poke their nose at the line twice in second half and steal it

Dont think it will be too much of a problem in the playoffs to get a victory, think our playoff knockout experience helps, no way we will play as poorly as that now in the next 2 games leading up to that return match

8 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Threw it away! 12-0 up and cruising York not in the game and creating nothing till chizzy gets binned

Bombed 3 tries in the second half, York poke their nose at the line twice in second half and steal it

Dont think it will be too much of a problem in the playoffs to get a victory, think our playoff knockout experience helps, no way we will play as poorly as that now in the next 2 games leading up to that return match

Your first three sentences are spot on, hopefully the rest of your post will turn out to be incorrect 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We should have been out of sight after an hour. 12-0 and looking really solid with 5 mins to go at half time before one defensive lapse saw them break away and Chisholm got sin binned. They scored on the next two sets and went in 12-10 down at HT. Think we paid the price for making a lot of substitutions in the early stages, Albert came off at 12 minutes and we had used all of Cooper, Makatoa and Davies quite early and we didn't have the energy to cope with 12 men.

We got back on top early in the 2nd half but bombed at least 3 obvious scoring chances, and with 65 minutes gone they still hadn't looked like scoring bar the two tries when we were down to 12 men, but one more defensive lapse and they took the ball to our line. We held them out and seemed to have Horne wrapped up on the 6th tackle but somehow he got it down.

Credit to York as they have a real habit of grinding it out in these close games and have had a terrific season, but from our point of view that was one we really should have had sewn up a long way before the end.

Spot on this post, added to that their kicking game was shocking in the first half, improved in the second. We do struggle sometimes when we’re clearly the better side. Credit to York deserved it today #UTR?

Thought we lost the game through a combination of poor finishing and poor goal line defence, been a man down we shouldn’t be conceding from acting half.

I also felt we got our game plan wrong in the second half far too much down the middle when we should have been a bit more expansive.

As a York fan always enjoy Fev vs York matches today the same good hard game I think you had the game in the bag during the first half and the sin binning turned the match which (correct decision for pro foul). You looked good when you got the ball out wide but we managed to hang in and grind another result out. I hope you make the playoffs which you should. One last point I may be wrong but should Chisholm been allowed to kick the penalty technically the offence was committed when he was in the sin bin he came on and kicked the goal didn’t something happen like this when Bradford tried to bring McNamara on to take a kick but were not allowed?? Obviously didn’t affect the result just wondering on the laws as they change with the wind.

Fev are a very good side and took their 12 point at the exspense of some poor tackling and giving away a penalty's, If there is a next time when we may meet in the playoffs I feel that we will  be more prepared and give as we  got, plus cut out the errors and penalties,no doubt it will be a challange.

Archived