Match Thread: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers Sunday 18th August 2019

Well done to York for their win but i think if we had played anywhere like we did against Swinton last week we would have won comfortably.Chissy not at his best again and his ten minutes was the game breaker.We bombed three good try scoring chances and then let Horne touch down with four players trying to tackle him.We should win at Batley in a couple of weeks time and if we need to we are capable of beating Toulouse in our final home game.However we have lost 9 matches this season and the team is lacking pace in the centre and wing positions.Without better players we will continue to be in the top 5 places but outside the top two places.After next season i think S.L. will pull the plank away and become a closed shop again.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes if you look at the centres , I think we haven’t been dominant especially when Hardcastle is abscent.Wish we had an up and coming Paul Newlove in the wings but you can’t have everything plus we are in a better position than I thought we’d be in before the season started.

Not often I walk out of the ground early, but was sat back on the nut bus before the final hooter went, disappointed is an understatement today 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Well done to York for their win but i think if we had played anywhere like we did against Swinton last week we would have won comfortably.Chissy not at his best again and his ten minutes was the game breaker.We bombed three good try scoring chances and then let Horne touch down with four players trying to tackle him.We should win at Batley in a couple of weeks time and if we need to we are capable of beating Toulouse in our final home game.However we have lost 9 matches this season and the team is lacking pace in the centre and wing positions.Without better players we will continue to be in the top 5 places but outside the top two places.After next season i think S.L. will pull the plank away and become a closed shop again.

One of those "bombed" chances was certainly a try.  He got the ball down, then it bounced.  Terrible decision.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, Roger York said:

As a York fan always enjoy Fev vs York matches today the same good hard game I think you had the game in the bag during the first half and the sin binning turned the match which (correct decision for pro foul). You looked good when you got the ball out wide but we managed to hang in and grind another result out. I hope you make the playoffs which you should. One last point I may be wrong but should Chisholm been allowed to kick the penalty technically the offence was committed when he was in the sin bin he came on and kicked the goal didn’t something happen like this when Bradford tried to bring McNamara on to take a kick but were not allowed?? Obviously didn’t affect the result just wondering on the laws as they change with the wind.

Certainly correct decision. Why didn't the same rule apply to the player who held Cooper down in exactly the same position second half?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I don’t know why he didn’t sin bin the York player maybe York had more men back in the defensive line than when Chisholm was sin binned and a try would not have been certain. I have watched RL for over 40 years and still have no idea what goes on in a referee’s mind re decisions. Good game I thought you were going to blow us away at the start and with a bit more composure in the second half you could have had 3 or 4 tries. From our point of view this season has been a amazing success and reading your forum before the season started you would have snapped anyone’s hand off for a top 5 finish. Next season if Toronto are out of the equation it makes for a brilliant league a lot of evenly matched teams who can beat anyone on there day. 

53 minutes ago, Roger York said:

I don’t know why he didn’t sin bin the York player maybe York had more men back in the defensive line than when Chisholm was sin binned and a try would not have been certain. I have watched RL for over 40 years and still have no idea what goes on in a referee’s mind re decisions. Good game I thought you were going to blow us away at the start and with a bit more composure in the second half you could have had 3 or 4 tries. From our point of view this season has been a amazing success and reading your forum before the season started you would have snapped anyone’s hand off for a top 5 finish. Next season if Toronto are out of the equation it makes for a brilliant league a lot of evenly matched teams who can beat anyone on there day. 

It was a tight game.  The York player should certainly have got the same treatment Chisholm did, identical situation, even the same position.  Cooper had broken away and was yards away from most of the York team.  Tight games need fair refs.  There is no way yesterday's official; could be described as fair.  Many Fev fans, rightly or wrongly hold the view that the RFL have an anti Fev agenda, and instructs officials accordingly.  It's certainly an explanation why we often seem to get the shitten end of the stick where refereeing decisions are concerned.  Displays like yesterday's do nothing to dispel such beliefs.  Nothing against York. They played well.  But certainly the Chisholm/Cooper affair and the disallowed try give cause for concern about fairness.

Clement Attlee.

I thought the first disallowed try in the 2nd half was a try but the fev players from what I saw didn’t complain to much.

I can’t comment on the RFL been anti Fev but to say the match officials have been told to be bias to the side playing Fev is a bit over the top you watch every rl game and refs make mistakes some for your team some for the other it’s just part of the sport. It baffles us all the time some of the decisions because they are not consistent what’s right one match is different the next.

three things from yesterday

1 sloppy tries brinning  in first half and horne in second  letting players get the ball down when we've got hold of them 

2 subs albert was causing havoc couldn't  hold him taken off after 12 minutes WHY?

3 defending line when your down to 12 men when they scored their first render stood on try line overlap try what should happen is wingers  forget about opposition winger your job as soon as they play the ball is to run into  their  line towards their centre put them under pressure

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game, even though we threw it away.

York should be respected, no stars just 17 blokes with desire and a great coach. 

I must be alone in thinking that the ref made the correct call 're the disallowed try. Pretty sure he bounced it down.

Thought Chizzy sin bin was harsh and no worse than the York played holding down later on. You win some, you lose some.

York is one of my favourite drinking venues. Hope we get them in the playoffs 

17 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

You may like to review this after today. No big time Charlies in the York side, just 17 blokes who give everything they have for each other.. 

he doesnt need to review it what he said was spot on, on paper there isnt 1 player in the York team that you would replace any of the fev team ON PAPER and that will be backed up by there contracts that will be higher than any york players i would imagine but like he said the game isnt played ON PAPER

1 hour ago, gingdong said:

he doesnt need to review it what he said was spot on, on paper there isnt 1 player in the York team that you would replace any of the fev team ON PAPER and that will be backed up by there contracts that will be higher than any york players i would imagine but like he said the game isnt played ON PAPER

Even if Fev players are on bigger contracts, it doesn't necessarily make them better players. Out of curiosity, are any of the 17 who played yesterday on full time contracts? 

12 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Even if Fev players are on bigger contracts, it doesn't necessarily make them better players. Out of curiosity, are any of the 17 who played yesterday on full time contracts? 

Obviously our DR players from Leeds will be on full time contracts, as for any Fev player I do not know but would hazard a guess that there are none.

2 hours ago, gingdong said:

Just because a player is on a big wage doesnt make him a better player, theres other things as well like heart ive seen plenty of good players on big money  but no heart, give me a player who gives everything for his team mates rather than a big time Charlie.

5 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's game, even though we threw it away.

York should be respected, no stars just 17 blokes with desire and a great coach. 

I must be alone in thinking that the ref made the correct call 're the disallowed try. Pretty sure he bounced it down.

Thought Chizzy sin bin was harsh and no worse than the York played holding down later on. You win some, you lose some.

York is one of my favourite drinking venues. Hope we get them in the playoffs 

Although disappointed we lost York aren't one of the teams we dislike like we do Fax, Leigh un Sheffield so i feel it isn't as bad but it looks like we could be building up to a 'friendly' rivalry. Along with Ram's and Dogs one of the most popular away venues. One of the biggest Rovers away following I've seen for a long time. 

56 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Just because a player is on a big wage doesnt make him a better player, theres other things as well like heart ive seen plenty of good players on big money  but no heart, give me a player who gives everything for his team mates rather than a big time Charlie.

You don't have to tell us that just go back to Wembley 1983 and plenty of other shock wins over the years. 

The Fev following was the most I have seen in recent seasons for a league game. Its reported by the club that 1,200 fans made the journey. When you put that up against some super league followings its even more remarkable. The championship crowds are on the up largely due to Bradford Leigh and Widnes being in the league. The top five has created a bit more interest also. York have done exceptionally well as a newly promoted club and a crowd of 3115 witnessed a good game. Long may it last. Batley should expect to have a bigger than normal crowd in a fortnight when Fev go there hoping to cement a top five finish.

17 minutes ago, Roger York said:

Great travelling support from you guys, if you did get into super league what kind of attendances would you get? Would it be sustainable to run a super league side? I know London don’t get the crowds but have a backer bank rolling them.

We won't get in SL not saying for one minute there's a conspiracy but we aren't wanted never have been, not big enough or foreign enough for a start. 

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

The Fev following was the most I have seen in recent seasons for a league game. Its reported by the club that 1,200 fans made the journey. When you put that up against some super league followings its even more remarkable. The championship crowds are on the up largely due to Bradford Leigh and Widnes being in the league. The top five has created a bit more interest also. York have done exceptionally well as a newly promoted club and a crowd of 3115 witnessed a good game. Long may it last. Batley should expect to have a bigger than normal crowd in a fortnight when Fev go there hoping to cement a top five finish.

Aye, absolute cracking away support from you guys. Hopefully in the next few seasons we'll be able to bring the same amount to your ground.

For what it’s worth I thought fev were the better side. Chisholm has to go and maybe ours too. Once your guy broke through I’d assumed he scored and turned away so never saw the grounding. All I will say is the ref was right there.   You bombed lots of chances and should have won at a canter. If we meet again should be a great contest. Fantastic travelling support

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

45 minutes ago, DEANO said:

For what it’s worth I thought fev were the better side. Chisholm has to go and maybe ours too. Once your guy broke through I’d assumed he scored and turned away so never saw the grounding. All I will say is the ref was right there.   You bombed lots of chances and should have won at a canter. If we meet again should be a great contest. Fantastic travelling support

Deano I too thought Fev were the better side but was earlier reluctant to say it but all credit to a good and very well coached York side that never panicked when under the cosh and Fev did look well deflated when some of their plays didnt bear fruit. Our physio was at fault for  the try that finally put the nail in the coffin. The scrum would have been Fevs and the threat would have probably been extinguished, but who knows? Several over plays which led to mistakes cost Fev but to their credit York never deviated from their game plan and were justly rewarded

Archived