Ground lease with Bulls

Rambo

What are other people’s thoughts with regards to the proposed lease to Bradford?

If it does happen then IMO it’s sad for the game in general, in that we have yet another team without a home ground.

Thankfully our stay at Batley in the early 90’s was only temporary. I can see it being much longer than 2-4 years mentioned by the Bulls, should they want to build a new ground. Just consider how long Swinton/Wakey and Cas have been pushing for new grounds!

From a club point of view it creates another form of income for us. Especially with the guaranteed funds from Sky TV likely to be withdrawn next year.

It would be nice if we use the funds for team strengthening and also to finally finish the ground by putting a terrace or stand at the “other” end of the ground.

I do however hope this doesn’t turn into a Bradford “takeover” of the ground on the sly. It would turn my stomach to see the “Bulls” logo emblazoned all over our ground.

rambo.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure how much faith to take in this but Mick Gledhill reporting that the Bulls will be paying £2k a match rent.

The equivalent of adding 100 to our home gates, which sounds bloody cheap to me  -  If that's the deal, they should be snatching our hands off. There are  considerations too, like who will be paying for security for the likely fan base, insurance, turnstile operators etc - I'm sure our directors will be on top of this all this, but it looks to me as if they'll get the best of the deal. Should the Bulls come to a loan deal with us for their unused superstars however, I suppose it might be an opportunity.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 minute ago, grumpyoldram said:

The equivalent of adding 100 to our home gates, which sounds bloody cheap to me  -  If that's the deal, they should be snatching our hands off. There are  considerations too, like who will be paying for security for the likely fan base, insurance, turnstile operators etc - I'm sure our directors will be on top of this all this, but it looks to me as if they'll get the best of the deal. Should the Bulls come to a loan deal with us for their unused superstars however, I suppose it might be an opportunity.

Yes, my thoughts too. You would have to assume that Bradford will also be paying the match day costs otherwise Dewsbury aren't going to be making much, if anything, out of the deal.

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure how much faith to take in this but Mick Gledhill reporting that the Bulls will be paying £2k a match rent.

If we make a few bob and it helps another club then I’m happy.   

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

What are other people’s thoughts with regards to the proposed lease to Bradford?

If it does happen then IMO it’s sad for the game in general, in that we have yet another team without a home ground.

Thankfully our stay at Batley in the early 90’s was only temporary. I can see it being much longer than 2-4 years mentioned by the Bulls, should they want to build a new ground. Just consider how long Swinton/Wakey and Cas have been pushing for new grounds!

From a club point of view it creates another form of income for us. Especially with the guaranteed funds from Sky TV likely to be withdrawn next year.

It would be nice if we use the funds for team strengthening and also to finally finish the ground by putting a terrace or stand at the “other” end of the ground.

I do however hope this doesn’t turn into a Bradford “takeover” of the ground on the sly. It would turn my stomach to see the “Bulls” logo emblazoned all over our ground.

Two points: it won't be a lease, it will be a tenancy at best. The Sky deal lasts until the end of the 2021 season.

Just like everyone else I don't know any of the details but do know that every single journalist that I have ever encountered speaks the unvarnished truth, and nothing else. They should always be believed without question.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I had heard similar figures rumoured when the club were speaking with Wakey last year.

Presuming that the low figure is in the hope that money is made from beer sales.

The facilities are currently under  utilised with about 20 fixtures a year. It’s no secret that the club has looked to get Ossett Town into shares which would have been good.

Just hope it’s a fair deal for all parties

rambo.gif

............. And surprise, surprise, Bradford Council are now saying they want to find a way to keep the team in the city.............

Get the feeling we're being used as pawns in this process.......... But, if it were to come to fruition, I think past actions / decisions by Mark sawyer have always been with the best interests of Dewsbury Rams at heart and I would be confident it would be the case this time around.......... He's no-one's fool, that's for sure !!!

I suspect brinkmanship .... but if it does come to fruition..... the devil is in the detail and is M.S. close enough to the detail??

One of my concerns being that the working party do most of our ongoing maintenance at a pittance of what it might cost in the open market ..... are they going to want to volunteer for the Bulls .. I doubt it!  Consequentially maintenance costs could rocket!!  Hopefully M.S. has agreed an attendance based contribution to ongoing maintenance.

Who will pay for the match day security .... who will staff the bars .. we don't have enough trained staff ... what about the catering deal ... will that need to be renegotiated? 

The Bulls have massive match day hospitality .... are our catering facilities fit for purpose and again will they bring their own staff?

Has M.S. factored in depreciation  of assets which will be more that it has been previously, and is that being factored into the accounts?

Is the ground going to be able to cope with the increased usage ... and again do we have the resources to cope .. or will the Bulls be providing ground staff assistance??

And much much more .....  my guess is it needs to be more than 2K a week if we are going to be responsible for the upkeep of the stadium .... but I have no visibility of the deal!!  

Plus ... just for a reality check  say the Bulls attract 3000 average attendance then their gate receipts could be around 40k ( at top price of £20..and factoring concessions but not season tickets.. as they will have already received that income  ) ... 

My main hope is that those who have agreed this deal on behalf of the Rams have given full consideration to all the costly minor and legal details that if not considered could see us actually losing on the deal.  

Although as I wrote earlier I  suspect brinkmanship .. and probably expect a deal to be done in the Bradford postcode ... but!!! 

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I suspect brinkmanship .... but if it does come to fruition..... the devil is in the detail and is M.S. close enough to the detail??

One of my concerns being that the working party do most of our ongoing maintenance at a pittance of what it might cost in the open market ..... are they going to want to volunteer for the Bulls .. I doubt it!  Consequentially maintenance costs could rocket!!  Hopefully M.S. has agreed an attendance based contribution to ongoing maintenance.

Who will pay for the match day security .... who will staff the bars .. we don't have enough trained staff ... what about the catering deal ... will that need to be renegotiated? 

The Bulls have massive match day hospitality .... are our catering facilities fit for purpose and again will they bring their own staff?

Has M.S. factored in depreciation  of assets which will be more that it has been previously, and is that being factored into the accounts?

Is the ground going to be able to cope with the increased usage ... and again do we have the resources to cope .. or will the Bulls be providing ground staff assistance??

And much much more .....  my guess is it needs to be more than 2K a week if we are going to be responsible for the upkeep of the stadium .... but I have no visibility of the deal!!  

Plus ... just for a reality check  say the Bulls attract 3000 average attendance then their gate receipts could be around 40k ( at top price of £20..and factoring concessions but not season tickets.. as they will have already received that income  ) ... 

My main hope is that those who have agreed this deal on behalf of the Rams have given full consideration to all the costly minor and legal details that if not considered could see us actually losing on the deal.  

Although as I wrote earlier I  suspect brinkmanship .. and probably expect a deal to be done in the Bradford postcode ... but!!! 

I wouldn't be so sure, Bulls are already selling season tickets for next season.

Think they're selling season tickets to get the cash in. Doubt very much that the Bulls will move to Dewsbury. After all how many times have Wakefield threatened to move to Dewsbury. If any contract is to be agreed, it will take many weeks for the lawyers to finalise. 

When Bradford actually sign a legal contract then I'll believe it. Until then it's just a few articles in the papers.

I would imagine a Legal Contract will not be signed until the R.F.L. agree the switch. Apparently all the necessary details have been lodged with the R.F.L. so we could be waiting until February 2020 until we hear a reply.As another poster has said Mark Sawyer and Andrew Chalmers are not fools, every little detail will have been ironed out and agreed before any contract becomes legal.

14 minutes ago, Eric wallace said:

Can I just ask do Dewsbury and Bradford charge the same for match day tickets or will I be charged two different prices for the same facilities 

Well, in one case you will have the pleasure of watching a top-notch team perform. In the other case you will be able to listen to the Bulls' drummer.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Eric wallace said:

Can I just ask do Dewsbury and Bradford charge the same for match day tickets or will I be charged two different prices for the same facilities 

Currently there is no additional charge for paying on the day by Dewsbury; for Bradford we know there is an increase if you do not buy beforehand.

The Bulls’ admission charge also is greater than that of Dewsbury’s. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

It would be nice to get the tatty end of the ground sorted out. There's a great chance to have the length of the pitch done to a full size specification before any building work begins, just to shut up all the people who moan about our tiny playing pitch. 

I reckon that one decent gust of wind is going to send the rickety fence towards the  farmers field on Owl Lane.

Has all the house building/ground improvements finished now?

49 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Currently there is no additional charge for paying on the day by Dewsbury; for Bradford we know there is an increase if you do not buy beforehand.

The Bulls’ admission charge also is greater than that of Dewsbury’s. 

Greater than Dewsbury’s???. You need a small mortgage to go to Odsal at present.   ?

It's already difficult to exit the ground after a game and it will be impossible if Bradford come to our ground. Can you imagine coaches and cars trying to enter the ground, or exit onto Owl Lane just as a taxi wants to enter to pick up a fare after the game?  What will the tail back from the traffic lights be like?  Will traffic from the Ossett side be stopped to let the match traffic leave the ground ? This needs some serious thought from somebody.

Happy thinking!

8 hours ago, myview said:

It's already difficult to exit the ground after a game and it will be impossible if Bradford come to our ground. Can you imagine coaches and cars trying to enter the ground, or exit onto Owl Lane just as a taxi wants to enter to pick up a fare after the game?  What will the tail back from the traffic lights be like?  Will traffic from the Ossett side be stopped to let the match traffic leave the ground ? This needs some serious thought from somebody.

Happy thinking!

crikey. I thought my glass was always half empty??

Archived